Father Of 2020 Commit Defends Pruitt In Open Letter

The part that’s ironic about all of this is that we are talking about turning a kid into a man.

However, if you try that in the NFL, a man will knock you out.

So, it’s just funny to me.

People pull that crap on kids. They don’t do it to men

Correct, and if these kids want to be men then they can skip college and join the real world. College is getting people ready for the real world.

Let’s use your NFL example. AB ignored and argued with his coaches and GM. They didn’t lay a finger on him, they fired him and refused to pay him. Now he’s broke and begging the team for money. That’s the real world. Pruitt can’t kick JG off the team and pull his scholarship for making a boneheaded decision b/c college isn’t the real world.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
"wussification of America" - thank you daytime TV talks shows, political correctness, rabid feminism, etc. etc.

I'm not creating a false anything.

I'm telling you what Pruitt did is going to get a different reaction from players at the professional level because they are men. Period. The public admonishment, the reaching for the facemask, etc. And proof of that is go find video where that happens to a professional player publicly and he just stands there and takes it. You aren't going to find too many of those videos and the players in question are more than likely going to be scrubs.

But, in addition, the tweet in the original post went further.

"you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad"

Try what's in bold at the professional level and see what happens. Better yet, send a coach to the dad who wrote this and have them do this to the dad and see what happens.

I suppose we should just ignore the fact that in the NFL coaches/team simply fine a player to bring them in line?? Ok, see how imposing a fine on a 20 yrs old goes.

Thought those of you who don't use Twitter might like to see this.

“Dear [Coach Pruitt] and other Vol coaches:
If my son acts like a nut, or needs correcting, you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad,” Jamie Hyatt tweeted on Sunday morning.

It is mathematically impossible for me to "like" this enough.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Thought those of you who don't use Twitter might like to see this.

“Dear [Coach Pruitt] and other Vol coaches:
If my son acts like a nut, or needs correcting, you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad,” Jamie Hyatt tweeted on Sunday morning.

Several years ago in a Bama game where backup QB (believe it was Greg McElroy at the time) in mop up duty made a stupid play and as he came on the sideline Saban was ranting at him and striking him in the butt in anger on 3 or 4 occasions like he was paddling a kid. Never heard anything about that.

VN Store

Back