Father Of 2020 Commit Defends Pruitt In Open Letter

Sara Clark

Thought those of you who don't use Twitter might like to see this.

“Dear [Coach Pruitt] and other Vol coaches:
If my son acts like a nut, or needs correcting, you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad,” Jamie Hyatt tweeted on Sunday morning.

If my son acts like a nut, or needs correcting, you have my permission to lay hands on him, his facemask, his shoulder pads, or put his butt on the ground. I'm signing him over to you to develop a man, warrior and winner. Signed, Dad,” Jamie Hyatt tweeted on Sunday morning.
This dad has got it right. Kids now days are to pampered, spoiled and need disciplined.

folks are so babied these days...heres my take, as long as you dont disrespect ppl by calling them racial slurs or hitting to embarrass them, then nothing is wrong for yelling at someone for doing something overtly stupid. Why is that hard to understand?

As a dad, I approve this message.

My football coach was so used to screaming he could barely talk. The longer he talked the louder he got. lol He had this vein in his forehead that would pop out like it was going to explode. That was just when he was ordering lunch! To say he was intense was an understatement. I would have ran through a burning building for him. I miss that guy.

Parental Attitudes like this would correct most of our problems in schools, sports, and neighborhoods in general. Of course there are exceptions but this dad "gets it". Fortunately kids who are raised by these types of parents don't usually need the "hard coaching"... point of clarification...not suggested JG needs much hard coaching due to being raised poorly...all indications are he's a fine young man. He's been coached pretty hard already and I wish him well!

My football coach was so used to screaming he could barely talk. The longer he talked the louder he got. lol He had this vein in his forehead that would pop out like it was going to explode. That was just when he was ordering lunch! To say he was intense was an understatement. I would have ran through a burning building for him. I miss that guy.
Some of the guys on here even know my Coach and I'm 60 (and I'm a man....couldn't resist). Head Coach Larry McCoy.

Reactions: Sara Clark
If Pruitt doing that in a game offends you don’t ever go to practice when the team has a bad day....

You’ll be in tears, in the fettle position, calling for mommy.
This....

And the national media pisses and moans about all these closed practices, this is exactly why!!!! They blow up everything to create fake rage.

If you ever been a part of a bad high school practice there is lots of cussing and yelling. If you ever been a part of a bad college practice there is lots of physical contact, yelling, cussing and screaming. Its part of it.

When one players actions completely disregard his coaching staff's playcalling, and goes rogue and tries to be the hero, not only disrespecting his coaches, but also every single player who busted their butt to get there, and then in addition, puts up a WEAK attempt at a sneak, and fumbles and then gives the other team a score because of his selfishness?

You have to be aggressive towards that. That's cancer.

Parental Attitudes like this would correct most of our problems in schools, sports, and neighborhoods in general. Of course there are exceptions but this dad "gets it". Fortunately kids who are raised by these types of parents don't usually need the "hard coaching"... point of clarification...not suggested JG needs much hard coaching due to being raised poorly...all indications are he's a fine young man. He's been coached pretty hard already and I wish him well!
His onfield attitude is a direct reflection on how he was brought through the youth sports systems.

Reactions: Sara Clark
This....

And the national media pisses and moans about all these closed practices, this is exactly why!!!! They blow up everything to create fake rage.

If you ever been a part of a bad high school practice there is lots of cussing and yelling. If you ever been a part of a bad college practice there is lots of physical contact, yelling, cussing and screaming. Its part of it.
Yeaaaahhhh, there was physical contact in our practices in HS. Not abuse but sometimes a point had to be made. I had rather a coach make it as one of the bigger guys on the team using you for a tackling dummy.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back