fastest to rebuild

If you go back look at Chaney's offensive rankings at other stops(including here), you will see a pattern. His offense is usually abysmal the first year. It improves dramatically in the second year into mediocrity. From there it usually doesnt get a whole lot better. Uga was the "exception" where the O got up to around 35th I believe, but that was with a offense full of 5 stat players. He's a good OC. Just not a championship OC imo.

D wins championships, like 1998 Vols and Alabama lots of times. Chaney will be fine, just let Pruitt work on D and HC duties.

It appears that our defense made the biggest improvement this year although SC, Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky and MSST were not as good as 2018. Our Offense , not so much. Will we see an offensive improvement in Chaney's year two ? In today's game , it appears to me to be elite you must but up a lot of points early and often to the tune of 35 points min against the good teams. I think we are a long wat from that.

I remember a couple of interviews with David Cutcliffe I saw back in the day when he was OC. He said his main job was to put up at least 30 points for us every game. My guess is that Big Jim might agree with that.

to compete in the SEC at the highest level you better have your 2s play just as well as your 1s and they need to stay fresh....

GO BIG ORANGE!
I don't know if that's the answer, it may be, but I'd like to see a line that doesn't come out in the second half looking a playing "tired". We improved in this regard during the second half of the season, for the first half of the season we were a 2 quarter team. In order to dominate the SEC, you need every player prepared to PLAY 4 full quarters.

Reactions: SpookyAction
D wins championships, like 1998 Vols and Alabama lots of times. Chaney will be fine, just let Pruitt work on D and HC duties.
Takes both these days...go look at the ncaa total offense rankings and look at the top teams in the country.

It was the RPO that changed Bama and the game in general.
I think this year's Bama defense was an aberration not the new normal. Tua’s injury gets the attention but key injuries on the defensive side of the ball hurt them worse in my opinion. With a full strength defense they are undefeated and in the playoff.
But they were exposed last year by Clemson. Look how many times they have had the score run up on them this year.

Alabama has changed since then (post Kiffy). Offense rules the Tide now.

Well, look where that got em. Once they lost their QB they were doomed, because their D couldn't hold people off and they relied on scoring tons of points.

We can argue O or D, but I remember Vols awesome O versus stellar Tide D games going Crimson 95% of the time. I'll take awesome D and good enough O.

It appears that our defense made the biggest improvement this year although SC, Vandy, Missouri, Kentucky and MSST were not as good as 2018. Our Offense , not so much. Will we see an offensive improvement in Chaney's year two ? In today's game , it appears to me to be elite you must but up a lot of points early and often to the tune of 35 points min against the good teams. I think we are a long wat from that.
I posted an article a while back that shows Chaney’s offenses improve a little in the first year and usually do really well hear two. This included his offenses at Tenn, Pitt & Georgia. Our O did improve a little this year.

So I am going with yes.

VN Store

Back