Fallout 76

I like that it seems to just be a normal Fallout game that just happens to be online. It has potential. But it does seem like it could be annoying to have other players constantly killing you and blowing up your bases. lol

I like that it seems to just be a normal Fallout game that just happens to be online. It has potential. But it does seem like it could be annoying to have other players constantly killing you and blowing up your bases. lol

Yeah that part has me iffy about it, as well.

Idk how I feel about other players being able to nuke my base or whatever that was lol. I'll try the beta but man I just want my fallout games to be me, alone, in the world. And also if I play solo am I just screwed if I roll up on a group of 4 friends playing together and they just wanna smoke me? I just don't know if this is gonna work and I don't see how it's gonna feel like fallout. Very skeptical lol

Idk how I feel about other players being able to nuke my base or whatever that was lol. I'll try the beta but man I just want my fallout games to be me, alone, in the world. And also if I play solo am I just screwed if I roll up on a group of 4 friends playing together and they just wanna smoke me? I just don't know if this is gonna work and I don't see how it's gonna feel like fallout. Very skeptical lol

Agree. I'm interested in it, but I'm very skeptical. Bethesda RPG's are my games to just play solo for hours and hours. Saying that, I'm glad they decided to experiment with Multiplayer in a spin off Fallout rather than TES VI for example.

Agree. I'm interested in it, but I'm very skeptical. Bethesda RPG's are my games to just play solo for hours and hours. Saying that, I'm glad they decided to experiment with Multiplayer in a spin off Fallout rather than TES VI for example.

Yeah it's definitely better than them screwing with ES6, that'd cause a riot lol. But yeah I just can't imagine myself enjoying a game where I'm exploring the wasteland, gathering supplies, and then xX420YoloDabXx shoots me with a mini nuke for no reason and teabags my corpse

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah it's definitely better than them screwing with ES6, that'd cause a riot lol. But yeah I just can't imagine myself enjoying a game where I'm exploring the wasteland, gathering supplies, and then xX420YoloDabXx shoots me with a mini nuke for no reason and teabags my corpse

Alpha Tribes. They kill the experience.

Yeah, my interest level dropped to a 1. I'll wait and see as more info drops, but a PvP griefer version of Fallout doesn't really interest me. If I want to PvP, I'll go with a dedicated, balanced PvP game.

its funny cause its true.

I'm the opposite from most here with FO76, I welcome the online direction of the game. I am with most as well in the hopes that they have a way for you to play in your own world without the threat of some kid killing me or blowing up my house.

Update from Todd Howard on Fallout 76 singleplayer and mods.

We don’t have all the details about how the social systems in Fallout 76 will work, but Bethesda’s Todd Howard has confirmed that you’ll be able to set up your own private games to play the way you’d like, but that ability won’t be available when the game first launches.

“We love mods, so we are 100 percent committed to [offering mods] in 76 as well,” Todd Howard said in a conversation with Geoff Keighley. “We will not being able to do that at launch, though. Our goal for launch — this is really new for us — is to have a well-running, robust service, and then some period later, we’re currently still designing what that service looks like, you’ll be able to have your own private world, and be able to mod it and do all of that.”

Fallout 76 will offer private games after launch - Polygon

So, I'll probably wait. Thanks for the info!

I just saw it this morning while going through my daily morning news feed. It is something that is a huge seller for me as well. Very good to hear this. I will probably wait, like you, until the singleplayer becomes available in the game (if I get it).

Like most of you when I saw there will be private servers I instantly thought of singleplayer in my own server, but the problem with that is this game has no NPCs, so I honestly have no idea how you're going to receive quests and also I feel like the world would feel very empty with no NPCs. My main hope for this game is Todd Howard said it will have mod support (hopefully for console as well) and a mod team out there could possibly create a single player experience by making a mod adding NPCs and other single player essentials. I'm open to trying the beta, but as of now I feel I'd need to see mods out there that create a single player experience for me to purchase it

Last edited:
Like most of you when I saw there will be private servers I instantly thought of singleplayer in my own server, but the problem with that is this game has no NPCs, so I honestly have no idea how you're going to receive quests and also I feel like the world would feel very empty with no NPCs. My main hope for this game is Todd Howard said it will have mod support (hopefully for console as well) and a mod team out there could possibly create a single player experience by making a mod adding NPCs and other single player essentials. I'm open to trying the beta, but as of now this is a pass for me until I see more information about mods.

The problem about the BETA is that you have to pre-order the game to get the BETA. Great business move, sucks for those that don't know what they want to do.

As for the singleplayer, I would think they would add NPC's or something to make not so barron. They did say that singleplayer/private servers will not be a Day-1 thing which tells me they might MOD it to where the game will include NPC's or ways for the player(s) to obtain quests.

The problem about the BETA is that you have to pre-order the game to get the BETA. Great business move, sucks for those that don't know what they want to do.

As for the singleplayer, I would think they would add NPC's or something to make not so barron. They did say that singleplayer/private servers will not be a Day-1 thing which tells me they might MOD it to where the game will include NPC's or ways for the player(s) to obtain quests.

Anytime a game does the beta preorder thing I always preorder, play the beta, and if I don't like it I just cancel my preorder. No problem at all. But as long as they embrace the mod community (and not that ridiculous paid mods Creation Club garbage) then this game may end up being worth getting for me afterall.

Yeah, takes 10 seconds to pre order on amazon. Takes 10 seconds to cancel once you get your code.

It’s a pretty interesting experience. Lack of NPCs is for sure throwing me off a bit. Definitely a game to be played with friends. I just can’t get into it solo

I'll just start off with saying I don't believe this game should be $60, really wouldn't advise anyone to buy it unless it's on sale later on. The ai is absolutely horrid, which kills a lot of the fun that could be had. The PVP aspect is basically nonexistent (the game needs PVP or PVE only servers). The lack of npc's is very noticeable, in a bad way. Hope you're ready to listen to holotapes, because you will be listening to a ton of them. Be prepared to be disconnected from your server because it happens quite often. Playing with friends is definitely better than solo, but makes it way, way too easy. I was willing to give them some benefit of the doubt when it was announced because I'm a big Fallout fan, but man the lack of content and constant bug problems just ruins it for me personally.

If you'd like a solid 20 minutes or so of laughs (and sadness about the current state of Fallout) then please give this a watch lol

still think I am going to wait until the private servers come out. This needs to be Fallout + some multiplayer. Not multiplayer + some Fallout.

This game is really going backwards. I loved fallout 3. Couldn't even bring myself to finish fallout 4. And now this garbage. Sad.

First Fallout game since 3 I won't even bother playing. Pretty sad.

VN Store

Back