Facilities

We usually travel to Clemson once or twice a year with our swim team and I really don't get. Their facilities are just ok. The stadium looks like two sets of concrete bleachers stacked on each other (outside facade lacking) and their indoor practice field looks like it is housed in a large butler bldg. So if facilities really count, like I said, I don't get it.

So
We usually travel to Clemson once or twice a year with our swim team and I really don't get. Their facilities are just ok. The stadium looks like two sets of concrete bleachers stacked on each other (outside facade lacking) and their indoor practice field looks like it is housed in a large butler bldg. So if facilities really count, like I said, I don't get it.

"If you win, they will come"
Kevin "Dabo" Costner

Sad that some people think we should try to lure recruits with a $340 million capital project but spending an extra $20 million spread over five years on a proven head coach is a back breaker. nuthuggers.

Reactions: UTwick
Clemson and Bama could look like a A1 highschool field house and the kids would still go because they win

Nope.

(a) They would have never started winning to begin with if they didn't have top notch facilities, and
(b) Since colleges can't pay players, top-notch facilities are the closest thing; these players are getting tens of thousands of dollars in value from all the amenities.

The fact that we've managed to be so bad with world-class facilities is a testament to just how terrible our Athletic Department was run.

Juice is actually really bad for you. We should probably tell the university.

[QUOTE="DiderotsGhost
The fact that we've managed to be so bad with world-class facilities is a testament to just how terrible our Athletic Department was run.[/QUOTE]

DiderotsGhost you simply could not have stated it better.

We are badly underachieving with recruiting. Getting 15th or so ranked classes are ultimately failures when, based on facilities, those classes should be top 5 classes.

We won't touch Alabama or Georgia till we do.

Mho.

Reactions: cgrish
Sad that some people think we should try to lure recruits with a $340 million capital project but spending an extra $20 million spread over five years on a proven head coach is a back breaker. nuthuggers.

I gave you a “like” for the nuthuggers part.

However, we are unable to fill up our stadium even with fewer seats. And we are not alone. There are few college/NFL games that are playing to a packed house. HD big screens and the ever-increasing ticket prices have had a big impact on attendance.

They have priced the working middle class out of attending college games. I went to the BUY game and bought two north end zone tickets from UT. $154.00 for the pair. Parked a mile from the stadium... $40.00. Bought two cokes...you get the picture. Not counting gas I spent over $200.00 for one game. It's no wonder there is a decline everywhere. I thought about the season ticket buyers that have to pay a ransom fee (donation) for the privilege to give them money for tickets. It's out of control for the majority of the population that made the game as popular as it is.

Reactions: JohnnyJava

VN Store

Back