Facilities

SecMaven

How do Tennessee's facilities - locker rooms, weight rooms, dorms etc. compare in quality with those of Alabama and Clemson?

Those programs are certainly at the top of the heap and have heard they are rather good.

Someone said Clemson has a water slide for its players. Gees.

How do Tennessee's facilities - locker rooms, weight rooms, dorms etc. compare in quality with those of Alabama and Clemson?

Those programs are certainly at the top of the heap and have heard they are rather good.

Tennessee's facilities aren't lacking

Facilities are the least of UT's worries. Maybe UT should try winning? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
Yeah, we can compete with anyone on facilities. If they move forward with the $340 million Neyland upgrade I would argue we have the best facilities in the country.

Tennessee's issues are Personnel issues only. The facilities are among the best in Football and only going to get better with planned upgrades at Neyland and other thing.

On the other hand thru total failures in recruiting and coaching hires (Dooley, Jones) Tennessee has been an absolute dumpster fire for that last decade and a half (My honest opinion was that Fulmer should have been gone around 2002 as he had lost the fire and without Cutcliffe he was never successful and Cutcliffe should have taken over the program).

That being said I still support Pruitt and don't think that you can hold him totally accountable for the current psyche of this team and lack of production at key positions, that will all change in the next couple of years though.

I dont believe it's a water slide. Just a regular slide. Instead of stairs.

Here's a video on ours.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
Tennessee DOESN'T have a slide...

DependentSlushyAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted.gif

#ghey

Reactions: Col. Forbin
Yeah, we can compete with anyone on facilities. If they move forward with the $340 million Neyland upgrade I would argue we have the best facilities in the country.
DOWNGRADE
Anytime you remove seats for ritzy suites and skyboxes its a downgrade. Heck, the more seats are removed for whatever purpose its a downgrade.

Fair point although I would argue the national trend is less attendance so getting nicer seats that you can charge more for is most likely the future.

I’m pretty sure I’ve even heard other coaches say we have one of the best in the country

No need for a water slide, we've been on a continuous slide for over a decade now....

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The fact that we make insane and massive investments in our facilities to make them among the nicest in the country yet still shop from the bargain bin for coaches will never cease to amaze me.

Because the prior three idiots in charge (Currie, Hammy, and Hart) had the 1994 mindset where buildings are more important than people. Even Ole Miss, which used to practice on a parking lot back in the 90s, has nice facilities now...

DOWNGRADE
Anytime you remove seats for ritzy suites and skyboxes its a downgrade. Heck, the more seats are removed for whatever purpose its a downgrade.

However, we are unable to fill up our stadium even with fewer seats. And we are not alone. There are few college/NFL games that are playing to a packed house. HD big screens and the ever-increasing ticket prices have had a big impact on attendance.

Reactions: LookinUp

UT is going to finish in the top 10 in the country.
They have a great practice facility. They have a great locker room. They have a great stadium. They have the Thorton center. They have Stokely Hall.

VN Store

Back