Face it, we suck at picking head coaches

@VFL-82-JP I somehow stumbled on our old convo in this thread. Crazy how things turned out. Your point that Heupel turned out to be a "far far better" hire may have been underestimating him haha! GBO

Also crazy to see where some on the list you made are and are not in coaching jobs.
I remember this conversation. Thanks for the blast from the (not too distant) past, friend. :)

Super glad now we didn't settle on a bridesmaid kind of head coach, aren't we?

And goodness, just look at the trolls in this thread, seeking any possible angle to belittle our program.

Go Vols!

I remember this conversation. Thanks for the blast from the (not too distant) past, friend. :)

Super glad now we didn't settle on a bridesmaid kind of head coach, aren't we?

And goodness, just look at the trolls in this thread, seeking any possible angle to belittle our program.

Go Vols!

I take a small bit (less than 5%) of happiness that Harbaugh (subsequently Michigan) obviously broke thru the glass ceiling!

The players play their asses off for him to. U can tell the team loves and respects him. That's such a huge difference too. No matter what they don't give up. We haven't had that since kiffin that 1 year
Look where we are headed now. And yes these guys love playing for each other and Coach JH. I love this team they just go out and grind

Im not sure you can truly evaluate CJH until his guys are on the field. Even though Pruitt and Co. recruited about all of the guys if not all of them playing at least. But what Josh has done with a total cluster of a team just short months ago is nothing short of eye opening. I will say that if this man can recruit with the vig boys once all this NCAA crap is over.... It will be a fun ride. I don't thibk their is. DC that has to face us that sleeps during game week. I haven't ever seen a UT team play the way they have this season and yeah we have lost a couple i wish we had back. Pitt/ UF come to mind. Ole Miss is another. Support these guys they have the potential to be here a long time.
Recruit with the vig boys? As in, we gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse?

Recruit with the vig boys? As in, we gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse?
Uh...... This was a year ago. And honestly Josh Heupel is going to win Titles here. Love everything the man stands for and yes he is recruiting his ass off. He deserves to be here and in my opinion I believe he will end up one of the best coaches to ever walk our sidelines. The guy gets it and he is genuine. Yet I still have no idea wtf you are talking about lol.

Uh...... This was a year ago. And honestly Josh Heupel is going to win Titles here. Love everything the man stands for and yes he is recruiting his ass off. He deserves to be here and in my opinion I believe he will end up one of the best coaches to ever walk our sidelines. The guy gets it and he is genuine. Yet I still have no idea wtf you are talking about lol.
I agree on CJH. Sorry if my joke was a bit lame but I was riffing off your apparent typo, “vig” where you meant “big”. If you don’t get my meaning at this point it’s not worth explaining.

Reactions: CSVol and VFL-82-JP
I agree on CJH. Sorry if my joke was a bit lame but I was riffing off your apparent typo, “vig” where you meant “big”. If you don’t get my meaning at this point it’s not worth explaining.
I'll explain it to him for you, heh.

The vig (also called juice) is the fee a bookie charges for taking your bet. Say you bet $10 on the Vols. The bookie may charge $1 for taking your bet.

And bookies famously live in Vegas. And the Mafia built Vegas. And the Mafia make people offers they can't refuse (without ending up in a pair of concrete shoes).

So he was just teasing you for typoing 'vig' instead of 'big' and riffing off what vig means.

I thought it was an amusing joke, even if a year in the making. :)

I'll explain it to him for you, heh.

The vig (also called juice) is the fee a bookie charges for taking your bet. Say you bet $10 on the Vols. The bookie may charge $1 for taking your bet.

And bookies come mostly from Vegas. And the Mafia built Vegas. And the Mafia make people offers they can't refuse (without ending up in a pair of concrete shoes).

So he was just teasing you for typoing 'vig' instead of 'big' and riffing off what vig means.

I thought it was an amusing joke, even if a year in the making. :)
Thanks JP. You hit the nail on the head. Being in my truck this morning I was not inclined to try to explain it on the iPhone at a stoplight. But for sure, there is no statute of limitations on humor even poor humor.

Your post was pretty level headed one year ago lol.. nothing to be embarrassed about imo 😂 though there are some doozies on there from other folks 😂 Hindsight is 2020

You pukes are miserable. There is not a single Coach in the Country who could have done what Heupel has done so far. WTF is wrong with you people ? Are you the type that just thinks they know more than people actually getting paid to make the decisions ? Just be honest.

WTF is wrong with you people? I think the answer is, they're hoping and expecting our next HC to be Katie Sowers.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
Malzahn had national championship rings AND multiple wins as a head coach against Saban. You're selling him waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay short.

I wouldn't trade CJH, but who is a championship coach besides Saban?

Kiffin is a good coach. Unorthodox, but good
And I believe Freeze is very good. Didn't he beat Bama back to back Years when the Tide was #1 AND #2?

I wouldn't trade him for any other coach at this time.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back