Extremely premature coaching candidate discussion (merged)

Clicked thinking I'd see THIS...

peyton-manning_2nv92960k5qd1tk10tzl2j5yc.jpg

But...instead I find THIS...??

Steve-Spurrier-Arbys.jpg

Let Spurrier hand over a winning UT to Peyton(who says he does not want HC responsibilities )

We kinda really suck right now

Justin Fuente has my bet. Anyone that can turn around Memphis is a good freaking coach. We probably aren't going to ever hire a already proven big time coach so this is the best bet

Unacceptable..... Stack the cash high enough to get who we want.... It's not him. He has a very good QB, and that is the difference. Jones is still gonna be here next year as long as we make a bowl.

Butch will be here for at least another year, but I can't resist. My top choice would be Patterson. Kelly is a first class arse, but he wins. If rumors are true and he's let go at the end of the year, he'll have a solid group of schools to choose from. I could certainly live with a resume like his. Question is can we afford a salary like that plus buyouts? How much more do we owe doofus? My guess is UT would probably shop lower price candidates. Don't know enough about those guys to really have a feel for good vs bad. Frankly, if we're going cheap again, I'd rather take a real risk and go for a guy like Quarles. Can he recruit? Can he surround himself with a solid, experienced staff? Can he swim in the SEC? Can he be our Gus Malzahn? Don't know, but I'd rather grab him than someone from a directional school.

Btw, Patterson makes $3,467,926 according to google.

Last edited:
Butch will be here for at least another year, but I can't resist. My top choice would be Patterson. Kelly is a first class arse, but he wins. If rumors are true and he's let go at the end of the year, he'll have a solid group of schools to choose from. I could certainly live with a resume like his. Question is can we afford a salary like that plus buyouts? How much more do we owe doofus? My guess is UT would probably shop lower price candidates. Don't know enough about those guys to really have a feel for good vs bad. Frankly, if we're going cheap again, I'd rather take a real risk and go for a guy like Quarles. Can he recruit? Can he surround himself with a solid, experienced staff? Can he swim in the SEC? Can he be our Gus Malzahn? Don't know, but I'd rather grab him than someone from a directional school.

Patterson IS TCU...that ship sailed. :wavey:

Now that TCU is in the Big 12, he isn't going anywhere.

Probably, but he's headed in the wrong direction. IF we don't make a bowl game I could see a change being made.

I like Baylor's Art Briles, Chip Kelly, Oregon's Scott Frost, And Gruden. Also add Chavis and Peyton as QB coach. Yes I am dreaming.

Last edited:
Find a coach CBJ beat..that's the talent pool our AD would pick from.

Bonus points for having an overall losing record.

If LSU's year goes downhill, I wouldn't mind throwing the bank at Les Miles. I love his style of football and would love to Tennessee back in the I formation

If LSU's year goes downhill, I wouldn't mind throwing the bank at Les Miles. I love his style of football and would love to Tennessee back in the I formation

You still haven't mentioned Joe Gibbs or Barry Switzer. :huh:

Reactions: 1 person
Honestly i like the Dan Mullen idea. That will never happen because he turned down Florida but w/e.

Honestly i like the Dan Mullen idea. That will never happen because he turned down Florida but w/e.

Dan Mullen is number one want that's decently realistic but he gets 4 mil a year to coach at a **** school with zero expectations

VN Store

Back