Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit against NFL

Count the number of black coaches that were hired for a short time during a rebuild. Tanked. Got paid. Got rid of. This is starting to look like the move.

Hue Jackson suggests Browns' Jimmy Haslam paid him to tank during his time with Cleveland

Broncos did it to Vance Joseph*. Cardinals did it to Wilks. He got 1 freaking year with Josh Rosen as his QB. Dolphins did it to Flores even though he was winning. Browns did it to Hue Jackson. Those are the ones I've thought of off the top of my dome. Can they establish a pattern?

*Fangio got a third year for having 1 more win than Joseph

Edit: Broncos weren't trying to tank with Joseph, but the rest is accurate

I don't think it's a racial conspiracy. The Rooney rule is silly. But I do think there's a lot of really bad front office decisions out there.

I think Bieniemy and Culley have better cases than Flores.

This is one of the instances where I don't blame the guy for pulling the race card. Even if it wasn't specifically racially motivated, he was treated like crap. I'd be pulling every damn card in the book if I was in his shoes.

I don't think it's a racial conspiracy. The Rooney rule is silly. But I do think there's a lot of really bad front office decisions out there.

I think Bieniemy and Culley have better cases than Flores.

Nobody is saying that it is, from what I can tell.

Also, Bienemy might just be a product of Andy Reid. I can't tell you with any certainty that he'd be a good HC. I kinda figure he must be bad in interviews.

Last edited:
This is one of the instances where I don't blame the guy for pulling the race card. Even if it wasn't specifically racially motivated, he was treated like crap. I'd be pulling every damn card in the book if I was in his shoes.

The one thing about it is he was still in the running for the Texans and Saints jobs. He's probably burned those bridges. The thing he likely selfishly wants to be doing is making a grip of $ coaching. He might make a grip of $, but coaching NFL may not be in the cards again. I think he's just taking a stand out of principle.

Was pretty damn good at following orders…at two different stops.

He went 8-8 in his one season with the Raiders, starting 3 different QB's.

I thought he sucked based on what happened in Cleveland, but if he followed orders and they lost on purpose for 2 years, and then he's supposed to turn the culture around in year 3, that ain't happening unless he's special.

He went 8-8 in his one season with the Raiders, starting 3 different QB's.

I thought he sucked based on what happened in Cleveland, but if he followed orders and they lost on purpose for 2 years, and then he's supposed to turn the culture around in year 3, that ain't happening unless he's special.
That Oakland team set a record for the most penalized in NFL history. Can’t take that away from him. He ran a **** show in Cleveland so I can see why he’s clinging to this life raft.

Nobody is saying that it is, from what I can tell.

Also, Bienemy might just be a product of Andy Reid. I can't tell you with any certainty that he'd be a good HC. I kinda figure he must be bad in interviews.

Bienemy has multiple past legal issues as well

The one thing about it is he was still in the running for the Texans and Saints jobs. He's probably burned those bridges. The thing he likely selfishly wants to be doing is making a grip of $ coaching. He might make a grip of $, but coaching NFL may not be in the cards again. I think he's just taking a stand out of principle.
Just like Kaep
giphy.gif

Yeah that will make things better. Claiming racism where none exists just because you’re mad. That’s ****ed up. But appreciate the candor. 👍🏻

You act like it’s sacred. It’s been going on forever at this point lol. Might as well bring it up when you have an actual gripe.

Word is Texans are still interested. Maybe take my word for it on NFL stuff. Why would you even doubt that a young coach with back to back winning seasons (with mediocre QB play) would have prospects?

Brian Flores considered one of three finalists for Texans HC job despite explosive lawsuit against NFL
If he wanted to take a principled stand he had the opportunity to in Miami. But he didn’t. If what he’s alleging is true. The evidence seems to suggest his decision not to go along with it is what got him fired and not his skin color. Instead he’s trying to bring it up to try and bolster his seemingly weak case just because he’s mad about not getting a job.

If he wanted to take a principled stand he had the opportunity to in Miami. But he didn’t. If what he’s alleging is true. The evidence seems to suggest his decision not to go along with it is what got him fired and not his skin color. Instead he’s trying to bring it up to try and bolster his seemingly weak case just because he’s mad about not getting a job.

Completely bogus. You think if you don't take a stand the moment you see something wrong, you are forever incapable of taking a principled stand on the matter?

He never said he got fired for being black. You don't even know what's happening.

Completely bogus. You think if you don't take a stand the moment you see something wrong, you are forever incapable of taking a principled stand on the matter?

He never said he got fired for being black. You don't even know what's happening.
Certainly makes it much less compelling. Seems more a matter of convenience that he can try to make issue of it in a lawsuit he filed because he’s mad he didn’t get a job

Certainly makes it much less compelling. Seems more a matter of convenience that he can try to make issue of it in a lawsuit he filed because he’s mad he didn’t get a job

If you can decide what his motives are, I don't really know what to say to that. I have no reason not to take him at face value.

VN Store

Back