Excited about the win

I hope we play awake vs Auburn for the whole game, then we really have a chance

Funny thing is tonight’s game was the exact same game Kentucky has played with Vandy twice(other than the last minute debacle).

I’m calling it right now. We win at rupp. They played their absolute best game at our place and we still had a shot when we couldn’t make anything. We beat them at rupp

Reactions: VOLED and Lankykong
Funny thing is tonight’s game was the exact same game Kentucky has played with Vandy twice(other than the last minute debacle).

I’m calling it right now. We win at rupp. They played their absolute best game at our place and we still had a shot. We beat them at rupp
I hope you’re right. We’re gonna need a well officiated game or a game officiated against UK like Auburn got, or I can’t see it. Quickley and Maxey are just too good at slashing for our guards

I hope you’re right. We’re gonna need a well officiated game or a game officiated against UK like Auburn got, or I can’t see it. Quickley and Maxey are just too good at slashing for our guards

Quickley and maxey made a number of circus type one on one shots in the second half. They are good and will make some that’s for sure but they don’t always make that many as they did at our place

I’m calling it right now. We win at rupp. They played their absolute best game at our place and we still had a shot when we couldn’t make anything. We beat them at rupp
Are you forgetting, you usually play 5 against 8 at Rupp?

If we win 3 of the next 5, do you guys think we are in? 18-13 overall. I think you have to win at least 1 in the SEC tournament.

I am guessing that you have changed your mind on VS by now.. He went for 20pts. 8 Assists, and 3 TOs last night. He might be the best PG we have had in a while. Bone was nowhere near VS after a month on the team and Bone had preseason to get ready. He has been with the team for only 1 month and has improved dramatically. Watch him on D, he automatically picks up any player that is the greatest threat to score regardless of whose man it might be. Our O is almost nonexistent when he comes out of the game - hence the heavy minutes he is playing. The only weakness I have seen is he lets the press get too close to him before he decides to do something with the ball and, like most lefties, he is extremely left dominant.

Yeah that post didn't age well with a sharp criticism of a guy that had been on campus two weeks without the benefit of a camp.

Uhhh UK did not play anywhere near their best game at TBA. If their bigs and Maxey aren’t in foul trouble much of that game then it probably gets out of hand in the 1H and we don’t climb back in it the way we did. I appreciate the optimism, but much better Vols teams have lost to worse UK teams at Rupp. That’s not the last game I’d count on winning the rest of the way out.

Springer and Keon are both equally as good, defensively, and possibly better. They can absorb DG’s defensive presence and allow him to RS, but I agree that he is really good defensively. Seems like he has an 11-ft wingspan.

Keon was highlighted on a couple of nat'l lists as the player the blue-bloods would have huge regrets for not landing so I am very interested to see how well he plays at the start of next season.

Uhhh UK did not play anywhere near their best game at TBA. If their bigs and Maxey aren’t in foul trouble much of that game then it probably gets out of hand in the 1H and we don’t climb back in it the way we did. I appreciate the optimism, but much better Vols teams have lost to worse UK teams at Rupp. That’s not the last game I’d count on winning the rest of the way out.

Uhhh

Kentucky was in foul trouble but only the first half. They weren’t effected at all in the second half.

They shot 54% from the floor.
50% from 3
And 88 % from the free throw line where they had 25 attempts

We shot 34% from the floor and only 26% from 3. If Bowden makes a wide open 3 with 2min to go it’s a 2pt game. That is pretty amazing considering how wide the shooting gap was

A general understanding of what it takes to make the tournament....
Knox Town Vol, you may think you can express opinions on this topic based on a general understanding of how this works but there are several experts on this site who know much more than you and will not allow statements on topics, although highly subjective, that are in opposition to their own.

Kentucky did play one of their best games against us. They shot the ball extremely well and hit their 3's better. By and large, when you shoot well you win, when you dont, you lose quite often.

Knox Town Vol, you may think you can express opinions on this topic based on a general understanding of how this works but there are several experts on this site who know much more than you and will not allow statements on topics, although highly subjective, that are in opposition to their own.

He says we need 4 wins against Kentucky-auburn and florida. That proves he’s freaking crazy

Winning 3 of those 4 would easily put us in

I think winning 2 of those along with Arkansas is enough but it might not be and respect the other side of that thinking but 4/4 is dumb

I have been waiting for these guys to start hitting wide open 3's all season but I am now convinced its not going to happen. I think they would actually be better off trying to drive and get fouled than even attempting a 3 point shot. Even if it happened in 1 game and they upset a top team it will not be consistent. Just pass it inside or drive the basketball see what happens!

Reactions: BreatheUT
He says we need 4 wins against Kentucky-auburn and florida. That proves he’s freaking crazy

Winning 3 of those 4 would easily put us in

I think winning 2 of those along with Arkansas is enough but it might not be and respect the other side of that thinking but 4/4 is dumb

Yea, I am always surprised by some opinions during tournament time. I have gone through every conference, and there are roughly 73-74 teams that could be tournament worthy, and I was very conservative. I took 11 from the Big Ten, 5 from ACC (1 of NC State or Syracuse but not locks), 5 from Big 12 (1 of OU and Texas but not locks), 6 from Big East, 5 from Pac 12 (1 of ASU and USC but not locks), 3 from A10, 3 from American, 3 from WCC. I even took 2 from the Southern because those numbers are decent, and I took 2 from Mountain West. Everyone else is a 1 bid league.

I believe I took 6 from the SEC in this scenario. This breaks down the last few teams and how winning just 3 more games can definitely put us in the conversation.

VN Store

Back