Excellent article on the Full Court Press

They may be "on the way up" but they have won what, 7-8 Big Ten games total in the past 2 years?

I'd be shocked if Bruce went back to the press as his defensive scheme. I think he's smart of enough to realize to stick with what brought him the most success.

Oh, you mean like when he started J.P. at point in the tourney....I gotcha :good!:

Fact, you go to a big ten school that sucks at basketball

Opinion, if you are going to show up and try to bash me over and over for pointing out your conference sucks, you may want to work on your hyperbole.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think it is hilarious that you still think the Big 10 sucks.

Come on guys, the Big 10 sucks. It does not mean I never enjoyed watching amazing NBA talent at Illinois. Indiana is a freaking train wreck. I wish UT was one of the SEC schools with the opportunity to get some wins in Bloomington next year. You have to think with their history they will be back, and I like Crean as a coach, but if I was a striving young B Knight kind of player I would be going to Butler right now, not IU.

And take a look at the talent coming in to the Big 10 and the SEC...

The SEC will be better than the Big 10 next year and it will not be something that many people debate...

They will have an Ohio State team that is very good but not as good. They may have an excellent Michigan State team...They will not have another team next year as good as Purdue was this year before R Hummel went down.

In contrast the SEC will have a better UF, a similarly stacked UK (still with a coach who sucks at Xs and Os but who can out talent most teams he plays) a better South Carolina team (may be a very good team), a similarly good Vanderbilt team (depending on AJ and a few other variables yet to be determined).

If we get Selby we could be better than this year. If we do not, I expect us to be a team that gets to the sweet 16 at least.

Vast improvements for teams like LSU and Auburn will not be as bad...on the other hand, Iowa will still suck, no one will be hoping NW can magically finally make the tourney, and Wisconsin will still win 20 plus but score 45 a game...Ugly and sucky...thats the Big 10.

Kramer was very good, but I guess Purdue could be as good as they were...If E Moore stays and Hummell heals up fully, they could be very tough.

I would still take the SEC best 11 versus the Big suck any day.

We had a better record head to head this year, next year I do not think it will be this close.

Come on guys, the Big 10 sucks. It does not mean I never enjoyed watching amazing NBA talent at Illinois. Indiana is a freaking train wreck. I wish UT was one of the SEC schools with the opportunity to get some wins in Bloomington next year. You have to think with their history they will be back, and I like Crean as a coach, but if I was a striving young B Knight kind of player I would be going to Butler right now, not IU.

The SEC will be better than the Big 10 next year and it will not be something that many people debate...

They will have an Ohio State team that is very good but not as good. They may have an excellent Michigan State team...They will not have another team next year as good as Purdue was this year before R Hummel went down.

In contrast the SEC will have a better UF, a similarly stacked UK (still with a coach who sucks at Xs and Os but who can out talent most teams he plays) a better South Carolina team (may be a very good team), a similarly good Vanderbilt team (depending on AJ and a few other variables yet to be determined).

If we get Selby we could be better than this year. If we do not, I expect us to be a team that gets to the sweet 16 at least.

Vast improvements for teams like LSU and Auburn will not be as bad...on the other hand, Iowa will still suck, no one will be hoping NW can magically finally make the tourney, and Wisconsin will still win 20 plus but score 45 a game...Ugly and sucky...thats the Big 10.

Although I disagree about the SEC being better than the Big 10 this past year, I do respect your opinion. You could be right about this upcoming year, but it's still early to go off predicting. I'll wait until all of the recruits sign and coaches are in place first.

1.) The Big 10 was clearly better than the SEC this year.
2.) UK won't be as good; UF might or might not be better; there is nothing to suggest SCjr will be any better. In fact, there is every reason to suggest they will be worse because their coach sucks and they lose Downey.
3.) Why are LSU and Auburn going to be vastly improved? They may be better, but probably not any more than marginally.

Do you follow recruiting at all?

Horn sucks so much he has put together a nationally ranked class. He has talent coming in at every position of need. He will also have a frontcourt that was decimated by injuries this year healed up. He loses an excellent point guard, he upgrades his talent at every other position on the floor.

LSU has a top 25 class. The guys they have coming in are smart and talented, but even if they were not, LSU looked pretty good for a half and a bit more several times, then the fact that they were 4 deep started to unravel them. They will be vastly improved when they actually have a bench...

The Big Ten was not CLOSE to being "clearly" better than the SEC this year. The Big Ten is a layup away from sending no one to the Final Four, and TN finished 3rd in the SEC East...

The separation of the SEC from the Big Ten does not occur at the top,
Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Purdue had very solid teams (with Purdue really impacted dramatically by losing Robbie), but after that you did not have teams that could match up with the SEC.

The SEC beat the Big Ten head to head and if you want to look it up it is not close.
Georgia had a win against the Big Ten. Michigan State lost to Florida, a team most on here said "sucked".

Horn sucks so much he has put together a nationally ranked class. He has talent coming in at every position of need. He will also have a frontcourt that was decimated by injuries this year healed up. He loses an excellent point guard, he upgrades his talent at every other position on the floor.

LSU has a top 25 class. The guys they have coming in are smart and talented, but even if they were not, LSU looked pretty good for a half and a bit more several times, then the fact that they were 4 deep started to unravel them. They will be vastly improved when they actually have a bench...

The Big Ten was not CLOSE to being "clearly" better than the SEC this year. The Big Ten is a layup away from sending no one to the Final Four, and TN finished 3rd in the SEC East...

Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Purdue had very solid teams (with Purdue really impacted dramatically by losing Robbie), but after that you did not have teams that could match up with the SEC.

The SEC beat the Big Ten head to head and if you want to look it up it is not close.
Georgia had a win against the Big Ten. Michigan State lost to Florida, a team most on here said "sucked".

1) No way SCjr will be better next year. Without Downey, Horn will be exposed.
2.) At the little insult thrown my way toward recruiting. Maybe you should look at recruiting a little bit.

Illinois is finishing their second straight top 15 class (10th this year). Michigan State is 6th. Ohio State is 2nd. Purdue is 19th. Minnesota had a nationally ranked class last year.

As to the comment about no one outside of the top 4 could compete in the SEC. You don't think Minnesota could compete with the lower echelon of the SEC? Illinois couldn't compete with LSU? I would be willing to wager that any team in the Big 10 could have beaten LSU this year.

While you obviously know that I completely disagree with your ramblings and your complete denial of this season (regarding the Big 10 vs SEC debate)....

I think that next year the SEC will show some seperation from the Big Ten. Georgia should be improved under Fox. While LSU and USC are bringing in great classes, they will probably struggle some early, but hit somewhat of a stride by the middle of SEC play. (this probably goes for UK/UT as well). The SEC east should be solid again with 4 ranked teams (maybe not pre-season, but by the end).

I am trying to figure out how Kentucky will be stacked when they are going to lose about 6 guys. It would take an army of WWWes's working round the clock to get them back into contention for the division if the guys who can leave do.

And using the criteria that you, yourself selected MHF, then using the criteria that you laid out when proven wrong, the Big 10 was better this year. Let it go

I am trying to figure out how Kentucky will be stacked when they are going to lose about 6 guys. It would take an army of WWWes's working round the clock to get them back into contention for the division if the guys who can leave do.

This cannot be a serious statement...

UK is not in the top 25 now class wise. When they finish they should be top 5, certainly top 10.

1) No way SCjr will be better next year. Without Downey, Horn will be exposed.
2.) At the little insult thrown my way toward recruiting. Maybe you should look at recruiting a little bit.

Illinois is finishing their second straight top 15 class (10th this year). Michigan State is 6th. Ohio State is 2nd. Purdue is 19th. Minnesota had a nationally ranked class last year.

As to the comment about no one outside of the top 4 could compete in the SEC. You don't think Minnesota could compete with the lower echelon of the SEC? Illinois couldn't compete with LSU? I would be willing to wager that any team in the Big 10 could have beaten LSU this year.
How'd that Illinois-Vanderbilt game turn out this year?

This cannot be a serious statement...

UK is not in the top 25 now class wise. When they finish they should be top 5, certainly top 10.

You can be in the top 5 or 10 all you want to, that doesn't make you "similarly stacked" when you lose 2 all americans and potentially 4-5 first rounders

VN Store

Back