Evina denied

Smallvol#1

MarchMatters
Don’t know reasoning but does not seem equitable. Flame away, but she’s just an unhappy kid. Let her transfer and play. Any kid the same.

People hold that interview against her, but she just said a change needed to be made. Not change coaches, dismiss players, etc. And there did need to be a change.

Wish she had given Kellie a chance, but so what. Leave and be happy. Better than stay and be unhappy. For all involved.

per: Evina Westbrook’s transfer request is denied

It is not over they are appealing so they still might get it done with additional information. I was sort of surprised since in softball if your coach gets fired it is automatic. I doubt we find out why she was denied hopefully they didn't think any kind of tampering was going on well before she entered the portal that would certainly get you denied.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Don’t know reasoning but does not seem equitable. Flame away, but she’s just an unhappy kid. Let her transfer and play. Any kid the same.

People hold that interview against her, but she just said a change needed to be made. Not change coaches, dismiss players, etc. And there did need to be a change.

Wish she had given Kellie a chance, but so what. Leave and be happy. Better than stay and be unhappy. For all involved.

Geno is imply that Evina was involved in a bad situation at Tennessee, that the program was doing something wrong in connection to her. Does anyone know what he is specifically referring to? It is making the program look like there was something unethical going on.

Geno is imply that Evina was involved in a bad situation at Tennessee, that the program was doing something wrong in connection to her. Does anyone know what he is specifically referring to? It is making the program look like there was something unethical going on.

I suspect he feels she should not have been playing on that knee and that she was being “forced” to do so.

Even if that were the case, I don’t think it’s grounds to grant her a waiver.

I suspect he feels she should not have been playing on that knee and that she was being “forced” to do so.

Even if that were the case, I don’t think it’s grounds to grant her a waiver.

I hope that wasn't the case. Hatchell was accused of this on a larger scale at North Carolina and was fired.

The insinuation by Auriemma that there was something at UT that needed to be investigated is an even worse kind of "harsh." He's leveling serious accusations.
Yes he is. And none of know or probably ever know what he is talking about.

Reactions: mytenn
I hope that wasn't the case. Hatchell was accused of this on a larger scale at North Carolina and was fired.

Yes, that was a bad deal. Our saving grace is that the offender has already been replaced.

My comment is total speculation, but that’s the best I can come up with. My guess is he either feels she was forced to play on a knee she knew was bad, or was told her injury wasn’t as bad as it actually was. You notice she had surgery almost immediately after arriving at UCONN.

Reactions: Dube

I am 100% in agreement with everything you said.

Geno likes to stir the pot and who knows what Evina told him. I think it's highly probable that the truth may have just been stretched almost to the point of breaking. That's what people do to make it look like it's someone else's fault. Poor pitiful me is just an innocent victim. Those meanies were mean to me. The truth will lie somewhere in the middle. No ill will to Evina from me. I couldn't care less whether she plays or not so let her play and move on through the system.

I don't really care if she ends up playing this season or not... even with her, I don't think UConn will be good enough to win the National Championship. However, she was definitely suggesting that there should be a head coaching change at Tennessee. I remember that post game interview well. There is no mistaking that for what it was. That probably was used against her in this process, and I don't think that is unfair. She got what she was calling for, but now she wants to use the coaching change as the reason behind her transfer? That doesn't wash.

...and that is also just more sour grapes from Geno. Typical.

Man, UConn is gonna be stacked for a for years with Beuckers next season and possibly Fudd the season after. She could go pro early (like Deshields did) or stay longer at Connecticut for the training.

Man, UConn is gonna be stacked for a for years with Beuckers next season and possibly Fudd the season after. She could go pro early (like Deshields did) or stay longer at Connecticut for the training.
They aren't stacked at all for this upcoming season - 2019-2020. This could be the first season in a very long time that they don't make the final four. That is probably why we are getting this reaction from Geno Auriemma. He knows they could use the help. They don't have much scoring power coming back.

They aren't stacked at all for this upcoming season - 2019-2020. This could be the first season in a very long time that they don't make the final four. That is probably why we are getting this reaction from Geno Auriemma. He knows they could use the help. They don't have much scoring power coming back.
I don't think it's ever safe to count UConn out. We said the same thing last year about their roster and they got to the FF.

VN Store

Back