Evina denied

They aren't stacked at all for this upcoming season - 2019-2020. This could be the first season in a very long time that they don't make the final four. That is probably why we are getting this reaction from Geno Auriemma. He knows they could use the help. They don't have much scoring power coming back.

They have 3 starters coming back all double digit scorers. Walker & especially Williams deferred to Samuelson & Collier. The last time people said they had not much scoring back after Tuck, Jefferson, Stewart graudated the 2 sophomores who were defering to the seniors both averaged 20/game....that being Samuelson & Collier. Also, Ododa played with the National Team, Dawn must of saw something in tryouts to warrant keeping a sophomore on the tourney roster when she could have taken upper classwomen. Ododa is going to break out this year, sophomore leap.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
They have 3 starters coming back all double digit scorers. Walker & especially Williams deferred to Samuelson & Collier. The last time people said they had not much scoring back after Tuck, Jefferson, Stewart graudated the 2 sophomores who were defering to the seniors both averaged 20/game....that being Samuelson & Collier. Also, Ododa played with the National Team, Dawn must of saw something in tryouts to warrant keeping a sophomore on the tourney roster when she could have taken upper classwomen. Ododa is going to break out this year, sophomore leap.
You think we care about UConn? Why?

Tennessee did not oppose her waiver. They didn’t have a problem with it. What I think is pathetic is Geno hinting she was abused at Tennessee.
The Tennessee women's basketball program has never denied a release for a transfer or opposed a waiver, even within the SEC. Pat Summitt had an open door policy and lost some good players but never complained. Holly Warlick was no different. We have had multiple players transfer to South Carolina. Teresa Geter was a contributor on our undefeated '98 team but finished her career at SC.

The fact of the matter here, is that Evina Westbrook expressed a desire to see Holly Warlick fired while she was still a player at Tennessee. She can't turn around and then claim that Warlick's firing is why she wanted to transfer... and if a player is going to make an accusation of abuse against Tennessee (and I haven't seen anything from Westbrook, just an insinuation from Geno)? They had better be prepared for a strong rebuttal from both current and former players because nobody close to the program is going to corroborate that or believe it.

I stand by what I said... they will not be as good. I don't think they will make the Final Four. Their roster is nothing special this year. You come across as a UConn fan. There is some conjecture and wishful thinking expressed here.

You think we care about UConn? Why?
You care a lot. You wish you were them. They are still the program every measures themselves against, TN on the other hand is a iddle to bottom 1/2 SEC team that can;t get past the 2nd round of the tourney. They needed a charity case to get in last year & promptly showed why they shouldn't have been in.

You care a lot. You wish you were them. They are still the program every measures themselves against, TN on the other hand is a iddle to bottom 1/2 SEC team that can;t get past the 2nd round of the tourney. They needed a charity case to get in last year & promptly showed why they shouldn't have been in.
Yeah... you are UConn fan, alright. Get lost.

I stand by what I said... they will not be as good. I don't think they will make the Final Four. Their roster is nothing special this year. You come across as a UConn fan. There is some conjecture and wishful thinking expressed here.

Simple facts. The not so good UConn beats TN by how many...10, 20 or more?

Simple facts. The not so good UConn beats TN by how many...10, 20 or more?
Simple fact... Tennessee fans do not wish we were UConn or wish that an arrogant, whiny jackass like Geno was representing our school. We will win with class or lose with it. Did the boneyard shut down or something?

South Carolina' s transfer was denied
South Carolina women's basketball coach Dawn Staley discusses the NCAA denying transfer Destiny Littleton's application for a waiver to grant her immediate eligibility and her feelings about the news ahead of the Gamecocks' exhibition opener.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article236864443.html#storylink=cpy
Per Dawn “We tell the truth, some schools fabricate their stories a bit to get approved” hmmm ***** fired to that school up north ya think?

The Tennessee women's basketball program has never denied a release for a transfer or opposed a waiver, even within the SEC. Pat Summitt had an open door policy and lost some good players but never complained. Holly Warlick was no different. We have had multiple players transfer to South Carolina. Teresa Geter was a contributor on our undefeated '98 team but finished her career at SC.

The fact of the matter here, is that Evina Westbrook expressed a desire to see Holly Warlick fired while she was still a player at Tennessee. She can't turn around and then claim that Warlick's firing is why she wanted to transfer... and if a player is going to make an accusation of abuse against Tennessee (and I haven't seen anything from Westbrook, just an insinuation from Geno)? They had better be prepared for a strong rebuttal from both current and former players because nobody close to the program is going to corroborate that or believe it.

This +1,000,000,000 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Looks like Geno is attempting to flex his power by pressuring the NCAA with some friends on Twitter of the likes of J. bilas! This is getting a lot of attention would be pretty foolish to change the decision a few days later but the way these guys are shaming the NCAA this could tell us a lot about who’s really in control here.

Westbrook absolutely should not have received a waiver. She expressed dissatisfaction with the previous staff and then tried to claim coaching change as a reason. She was gone no matter what and the NCAA, to their credit, saw right through it.

Gino is playing his usual power games. Fact is, his program is starting to slip a little. He's getting some age on him and the cachet is wearing off. Programs like ND, Baylor, SCAR, MissState, and who knows--maybe TN under a new regime, may be ready to catch up. He'll win some more, but he's slowly losing the grip. It happens--always--eventually. The people in Storrs won't know what to do--that's their identity.

I would take her back right now. A good kid who got caught in a situation way out of her depth.
The UConn thing is galling but you never know what Geno promised her. We all know he is a lying scumbag and oh yea what was that little settlement reached with the ref? Put that last part in just for the silly trolls😆

Geno is imply that Evina was involved in a bad situation at Tennessee, that the program was doing something wrong in connection to her. Does anyone know what he is specifically referring to? It is making the program look like there was something unethical going on.
The murder of Lady Vols basketball in progress was immoral.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Westbrook absolutely should not have received a waiver. She expressed dissatisfaction with the previous staff and then tried to claim coaching change as a reason. She was gone no matter what and the NCAA, to their credit, saw right through it.

Gino is playing his usual power games. Fact is, his program is starting to slip a little. He's getting some age on him and the cachet is wearing off. Programs like ND, Baylor, SCAR, MissState, and who knows--maybe TN under a new regime, may be ready to catch up. He'll win some more, but he's slowly losing the grip. It happens--always--eventually. The people in Storrs won't know what to do--that's their identity.
Geno may end up winning the appeal, and number one front running recruits still flock to Storrs. I agree with you about Westbrook the reasons why she shouldn't have gotten a waiver.

Reactions: mytenn
Yes, that was a bad deal. Our saving grace is that the offender has already been replaced.

My comment is total speculation, but that’s the best I can come up with. My guess is he either feels she was forced to play on a knee she knew was bad, or was told her injury wasn’t as bad as it actually was. You notice she had surgery almost immediately after arriving at UCONN.

It is a reasonable guess. I can see from Evina's side, the claim is that the LV medical staff and/or coaching was not looking after her best interest but the NCAA might have seen the situation as just a case where medical opinions differed or the injury took on an unexpected complication.

Again, in trying to get a waiver, the athlete and recipient school will try to make the best case possible even if means stretching the facts to fit the narrative.

If social media reactions are any indication, Evina's mom posted that LV fans would not have Evina to kick around any more. I believe her mom's post (and I could be wrong on the timing) happened before Evina's controversial interview statements and came in the context of people criticizing Evina's play during the losing streak.

Those criticisms were not fair but thin skinned parents don't help athletes make reasoned decisions.

I wish she was here playing under Kellie but we have a lose-lose for both the LVs and Evina.

Last edited:
It is a reasonable guess. I can see from Evina's side, the claim is that the LV medical staff and/or coaching was not looking after her best interest but the NCAA might have seen the situation as just a case where medical opinions differed or the injury took on an unexpected complication.

Again, in trying to get a waiver, the athlete and recipient school will try to make the best case possible even if means stretching the facts to fit the narrative.

If social media reactions are any indication, Evina's posted that LV fans would not have Evina to kick around any more. I believe her mom's post (and I could be wrong on the timing) happened before Evina's controversial interview statements and came in the context of people criticizing Evina's play during the losing streak.

Those criticisms were not fair but thin skinned parents don't help athletes make reasoned decisions.

I wish she was here playing under Kellie but we have a lose-lose for both the LVs and Evina.

I’ve missed you madtown, hope you’re well!

Reactions: madtownvol
Her mother made that statement before the outburst....After that statement, it was obvious she was gone, and then the outburst....At least that is how I remember it.

Reactions: stlvolsfan

VN Store

Back