Evina Comment

Holly needs to go. Her exit is long past due and the decline of the LVs program is on three ADs, who have been ignoring the obvious problem for years.

Still, Westbrook's comments were inappropriate, in that venue. To say that to the media, knowing it will make headlines, isn't something a player should do. She could have spoken to Fulmer any time during the season and she could have said anything she felt needed to be said to the appropriate parties upon return to Knoxville. Comments like that are divisive and can negatively impact the team, the program and recruiting. There are better ways to handle it-- which she undoubtedly knows.

Reactions: orangealways
Never said i wanted Mass at pg. They need to get a real pg because the stats and facts don`t lie Westbrook is a real pg.

Well she’s here and she’s what we got. She’s put in the position as the point guard of the team. You can’t knock the girl for that. You better look at coaching / recruiting for that.

IMO She’s given us everything she could this season. Aside from her turnovers I’m very pleased with Evinas play. Mind you she’s a sophomore with a coach who can’t handle her job.

Holly needs to go. Her exit is long past due and the decline of the LVs program is on three ADs, who have been ignoring the obvious problem for years.

Still, Westbrook's comments were inappropriate, in that venue. To say that to the media, knowing it will make headlines, isn't something a player should do. She could have spoken to Fulmer any time during the season and she could have said anything she felt needed to be said to the appropriate parties upon return to Knoxville. Comments like that are divisive and can negatively impact the team, the program and recruiting. There are better ways to handle it-- which she undoubtedly knows.

If you think this is bad , dont fire her. Watch this burn to the ground even further. This program has been on fire for a couple years and now is a full blown inferno and some of you still dont see the smoke.......

Not disagreeing & I think Holly should be gone, however if Evina and the rest could make layups and stop throwing the ball away, we would have many more wins this season. Coaches coach, players have to execute!

🍊🍊🍊

But we don’t actually have a coach who coaches.
“I don’t know”, throwing her arms up in the air and walks the other way INSTEAD of actually calling her player/s over after a turnover, foul, is made.

BS. this program is in shambles compared to where it was and should be. Hurt recruiting? Who cares? What has Holly done with nothing but 5 star all americans for 7 years? NOTHING.

If Holly had been coach of UCONN''s undefeated team of a few years ago...there is no way in he!! they would have gone undefeated...they would have lost 10-12 games and a 2nd round exit in the tourney. That's how gawd awful this Harley riding death clown is.

I don't have a problem with it. This kind of sh** has gone on ever since HW has been there. Assistants come an go but the problem stays. It don't take a genius to see the problem.

If you think this is bad , dont fire her. Watch this burn to the ground even further. This program has been on fire for a couple years and now is a full blown inferno and some of you still dont see the smoke.......

You're addressing your comments to the wrong person. I clearly said it's past time for her to go. I've said it for years and three ADs have felt differently.

Reactions: OldNSlow
BS. this program is in shambles compared to where it was and should be. Hurt recruiting? Who cares? What has Holly done with nothing but 5 star all americans for 7 years? NOTHING.

If Holly had been coach of UCONN''s undefeated team of a few years ago...there is no way in he!! they would have gone undefeated...they would have lost 10-12 games and a 2nd round exit in the tourney. That's how gawd awful this Harley riding death clown is.

I definitely think that the excellent recruiting is a double-edged sword. On one edge it’s great to bring terrific young student-athletes to Tennessee, but on the other side, having near the top recruiting classes every year and then watching them be wasted is a zillion times worse, IMO, than not getting them in the first place.

Only reason she is still been backed is because she was a former Lady Vol and has ties to the program if it were any other person they would have been long fired. There is no reason why Evina should be getting attacked for her comments when it is the truth then again some people can't handle the truth.
Yes they certainly need to stand up for themselves, because the Head Coach (difficult to type the word coach) certainly never does. Listen to the Coach of UCLA during her halftime speech. She said we CAN'T beat them one on one, they are two talented, we need to play together and as a team. That should be enough said. Fire that imposter pretending to be a coach

Evina Westbrook with 6 Turnovers and 6 points, calls for the firing of her coach in the media.

Westbrook should immediately request a transfer to another school. If not, she should be kicked off the team.
The only person who needs to be kicked out is that crazy woman thinking she can coach. Have you ever heard her take the blame for a single loss. This needed to be said a long time ago. Commentators do everything but spell it out. The UCLA coach was point blank with her halftime speech today, as she stated we can't beat them one on one, they are two talented, we have to play as a team. As far as the team I always thought a team was players playing together which is something she has NEVER been able to accomplish

Reactions: ksl415
Well she’s here and she’s what we got. She’s put in the position as the point guard of the team. You can’t knock the girl for that. You better look at coaching / recruiting for that.

IMO She’s given us everything she could this season. Aside from her turnovers I’m very pleased with Evinas play. Mind you she’s a sophomore with a coach who can’t handle her job.

Hold on ! She’s put in the position as the point guard of the team. hmm No she wanted to play point guard and Holly refuse to move her to the 2g. And we all see how this has worked out. I`m so sick of some trying to sugarcoat and giving Westbrook a pass. Yes she has been at Tenn for two years and she has been so inconsistent. They made a come back today and guest what she turn the ball over again when the game is on the line.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Evina Westbrook with 6 Turnovers and 6 points, calls for the firing of her coach in the media.

Westbrook should immediately request a transfer to another school. If not, she should be kicked off the team.
KICKED OFF THE TEAM! no way...Today Evina said what TV commentators have been hinting around all season...Charlie Creme seems to back Evina and I feel more will speak up now...The only reason HW is still there is out of respect for the Lady Vol legacy...however, I feel, if Pat were the AD, she would have relieved HW after last season...HW dismissal will immediately elevate the program...Evina comments may seem out of line, but we sure as hell needed it to happen...someone of substance needed to speak out...Thank-you Evina...LVFL 🧡🏀

Hold on ! She’s put in the position as the point guard of the team. hmm No she wanted to play point guard and Holly refuse to move her to the 2g. And we all see how this has worked out. I`m so sick of some trying to sugarcoat and giving Westbrook a pass. Yes she has been at Tenn for two years and she has been so inconsistent. They made a come back today and guest what she turn the ball over again when the game is on the line.

So put her at the two. Who would have played the point then? 🤔
If Holly didn’t want her as her PG as HEAD COACH she should have put her foot down. Even if Evina did want to be the point guard ultimately it was Holly’s decision. This is her team. Her call.

I think you’d be saying the same crap if Te’a was her. Can’t please em all.
Looking forward to Evina next year.

Reactions: WVU05UT09

VN Store

Back