Evina Comment

Decker Moss

Some people are giving Evina sh*t about her comments. That it’s disrespectful. Where were all these people at Holly’s conferences? She never once took responsibility for anything, blaming players like Evina in public. So I guess that’s ok, but please don’t ever say anything about Holly.

Some people are giving Evina sh*t about her comments. That it’s disrespectful. Where were all these people at Holly’s conferences? She never once took responsibility for anything, blaming players like Evina in public. So I guess that’s ok, but please don’t ever say anything about Holly.

I saw Holly's comments. Plain and simple, she's an idiot. If she isn't fired, Evina should give her the Diamond treatment. She deserves nothing less.

I've been in her position (not in basketball) and it's very tough because you have an obligation to the team (or company) to keep drama low, but to the program to speak up if changes need to be made.

To me, she was truthful but still tactful.

program killer pointguard comments imho should have said that only to Fulmer.

Nah, time for these women to stand up for themselves. They’re young adults, not children. She has a right to state her opinion and she really didn’t even say anything in that video. Her non-answer was loaded though.

Holly throws these young women under the bus twice a week when they lose. It’s always their fault, but the play and outcomes have been the same over the last 5 seasons. Long before Evina even knew she’d be a lady vol.

If I felt like Holly had any respect for them at all those comments would have pissed me off. The sheer fact that she even felt comfortable hinting that they needed a new coach tells you everything you need to know. Holly lost the locker room. They don’t respect her because she does not respect them.

Holly should have to walk home from College Park.

Last edited:
Honestly at this point I hope our best players elect to transfer if Holly returns. They arent going to develop under Holly despite both having AA potential. It's abundantly clear that Holly will never lead Tennessee back to a Final Four, and the more talent that sticks around, the longer she can ride that talent to mediocre 15-20 win seasons instead of losing records.

If Holly doesnt get shown the door after this abysmal year, it will take this program truly tanking to get her out. The only way that happens is if players like Westbrook and Davis leave.

Only reason she is still been backed is because she was a former Lady Vol and has ties to the program if it were any other person they would have been long fired. There is no reason why Evina should be getting attacked for her comments when it is the truth then again some people can't handle the truth.

Last edited:
Thank you Evina. She seemed a bit hesitant about delving into things but clearly there’s some ish going with the team. Maybe more than we know. Players not getting along, coaching staff and players. But we all know who has to go. And for damn sure that will not be Evina!

We all know for a FACT Evina is not the problem. She will be here next year. And starting where she should be.

I’m just curious about her comments post game. Who she’s referring to as far as things need to be changed. Seasons over for the girls so I feel like it’s going to come out.

Evina has played like crap the whole season so that is both on her and the head coach. Holly's big mistake was not benching her ass earlier in the year.
You spelled "Diamond" wrong.

If Evina leaves and Holly is still coaching, will you spell Diamond "J-O-R-D-A-N"? Likely. Then Holly can say in the press conference how she doesn't know why all her players suck.

VN Store

Back