Evina Comment

Have any of you ever been the victim of a bait-and-switch scam? Well, that must be what it feels like to Evina and her teammates. They were obviously told that the real problems with the program had been the players they will be replacing, and that once they are there, if they work hard enough, they will be the heroes who will right the Lady Vols ship.

They signed their letters thinking that since Holly had coached more than half her life with one of the greatest coaches to ever live that she would be a TERRIFIC coach for them! But once they got there they found out that she didn't know how to maintain discipline, had ZERO intellectual curiosity, and was only REALLY good at blaming others for everything that goes wrong.

If they'd been in their 30s and had had the maturity and experience to see the truth of the situation clearly and they still wanted to "choose Holly," then I could understand all the pious posters who acting all upset that she said what she did. THE PLAYERS WERE VICTIMS OF FALSE ADVERTISING. And Westbrook, in as dignified a way as it could have been done under the circumstances, merely stood up for herself and her teammates. I couldn't be more proud of her!!!!

From the UCONN board:

#-1
No way. Forget anything about her as a young adult, Geno wouldn't tolerate her mother and her mother's social media antics. Geno doesn't bring drama into the locker room. Evina may or may not be dramatic herself, but her mother has proven to run her mouth online to elevate minor or on-situations into major happenings and controversies..... No thanks. I wish her luck and that she can find independence from her parents wherever she may continue her college and pro career.

#-2
These comments by Westbrook do not sit well with me. I don’t care how bad the coach is. She is the coach YOU picked. It's not even like Pat recruited her and then she got "stuck" with a replacement. Evina CHOSE to play for Holly. You realize now you made a mistake? Great, you can transfer. Totally unacceptable to make these kinds of comments to the media, IMO.

#-3
1) No way UConn would tolerate her comments to the press about the coaching staff, whether prompted by reporters or not.

2) She has an over-involved parent who has been publicly, and strongly, hinting Evina is going to transfer.

3) Geno would never put up with her selective level of effort in games.

#-4
Technically, wouldn’t Jordan Horston be a “transfer” with immediate eligibility? I would take her...

The fact that you think we give two shakes of a rat's a** what UConn fans think of this situation is hilarious.

Bottom line is ( In nature, or, in human beings) an Alpha will challenge leadership if it isn't as strong as the leadership it thinks it would bring to the mix.
Evina has done this

Don't get on Evina for doing what a true leader would do..."put themselves at risk for their team"

As long as she remains humble and does not let this dictate her future, she'll be fine

Y'all are so dramatic over a pretty vague quote. Snowflakes. And I love how certain people are going down on this Holly ship til the end. lol

And it's not like she pulled a Holly and threw a group under the bus. She said the entire team needs to deal with off the court stuff. Guess what...the team also includes the staff.

Honestly if this were a men's player I doubt much would be said about it.

The players aren't there just to sit still and look pretty. They're the ones busting their rear ends and playing for this miserable staff.

Bottom line is ( In nature, or, in human beings) an Alpha will challenge leadership if it isn't as strong as the leadership it thinks it would bring to the mix.
Evina has done this

Don't get on Evina for doing what a true leader would do..."put themselves at risk for their team"

As long as she remains humble and does not let this dictate her future, she'll be fine
Sorry but the 2 leaders should be HC and PG so both should have said I need to play better! I need to Coach better! I need to quit throwing half my passes to the wrong team! I need to teach better!

If A. Hayes had not gotten herself kicked of the team, this would have been a different season. Westbrook is no point guard. Westbrook and Davis are too slow and haven't lived up to the pressure of their high school stats. I think it's time the coaches stop ordering off McDonald's All American menu. Also, come home to Tennessee Kelly Jolly-Harper---we need young blood.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2 and PG1
Sorry but the 2 leaders should be HC and PG so both should have said I need to play better! I need to Coach better! I need to quit throwing half my passes to the wrong team! I need to teach better!
One of them did, and not the one that should have the maturity and experience to be gracious. Well ok the PG didn't quite talk specifically about the passes and turnovers, but she did mention players, herself included, as the first area of improvement. Not sure I've ever heard HW point to her own coaching decisions as a place for potential improvement.

I am not a huge fan of Warlick, but what Westbrook did is Unforgivable.

I am not a fan of what she did, but I think what she did speaks volumes and reflects the frustration of a great many fans and, I believe, the players. Holly has many good attributes. She helped build the program as a player, as an assistant and as a friend to Pat, but she simply does not have the skill set to be the head coach. It has been obvious for years. I respect her remaining supporters who are loyal to a true VFL. But their support is based on emotion, not the facts. I'm afraid that the longer this goes on (i.e. Holly Warlick coaching), the more difficult this situation will become.

I am not a fan of what she did, but I think what she did speaks volumes and reflects the frustration of a great many fans and, I believe, the players. Holly has many good attributes. She helped build the program as a player, as an assistant and as a friend to Pat, but she simply does not have the skill set to be the head coach. It has been obvious for years. I respect her remaining supporters who are loyal to a true VFL. But their support is based on emotion, not the facts. I'm afraid that the longer this goes on (i.e. Holly Warlick coaching), the more difficult this situation will become.

A coaching change needs to be made, that is NOT the issue.

What Westbrook did is Unforgivable. She can not remain on the team.

The new coach does not need Westbrook (or her mother) causing problems in the future.

The new coach does not need Westbrook (or her mother) causing problems in the future.
Time to clean house! There are several cancers on this team and staff time to start from scratch!

Thanks. Pretty innocuous, except for choice of preposition ‘with’, if she had used ‘by’ then would have known exactly what she meant. Best thing, imo, is let Phil and Holly handle it. If they can’t determine meaning and intent, and probable future actions, those of us on the outer fringes sure can’t.
Smallvol, I really admire your way of expressing yourself!

Absolute statements are generally wrong.

Evina just said changes need to be made in the staff; that wording could have all kinds of different implications from Holly and company changing their approach to wholesale changes in personnel.

The problems facing this program are so GLARING that it would have been disingenuous for Westbrook to not acknowledge that some of the problem lies in the coaching staff, along with the players and "off the court stuff."

I see this statement as a cry for help; let's not blame the victim(s).

Last edited:
From the UCONN board:

#-1
No way. Forget anything about her as a young adult, Geno wouldn't tolerate her mother and her mother's social media antics. Geno doesn't bring drama into the locker room. Evina may or may not be dramatic herself, but her mother has proven to run her mouth online to elevate minor or on-situations into major happenings and controversies..... No thanks. I wish her luck and that she can find independence from her parents wherever she may continue her college and pro career.

#-2
These comments by Westbrook do not sit well with me. I don’t care how bad the coach is. She is the coach YOU picked. It's not even like Pat recruited her and then she got "stuck" with a replacement. Evina CHOSE to play for Holly. You realize now you made a mistake? Great, you can transfer. Totally unacceptable to make these kinds of comments to the media, IMO.

#-3
1) No way UConn would tolerate her comments to the press about the coaching staff, whether prompted by reporters or not.

2) She has an over-involved parent who has been publicly, and strongly, hinting Evina is going to transfer.

3) Geno would never put up with her selective level of effort in games.

#-4
Technically, wouldn’t Jordan Horston be a “transfer” with immediate eligibility? I would take her...
I could care less what UCONN fans have to say. They are a bunch of pompous butt holes, of course they are going to make a big deal out of what Westbrook said. Remember Geno threw the Duke coach under the bus when Stevens transferred from Duke to UCONN. I can't think of the player who transferred to Mississippi State from UCONN, I think it was Espinosa something, and how he bad mouth her. Geno is a classless pompous rear end. Coaches should not throw their peers, or players who transfer out of their program, under the bus. The other day during an interview, Geno was pissing and moaning about no being selected as a number one. So in essence, they are really not the ones who should be trying to throw Westbrook under the bus.

Time to clean house! There are several cancers on this team and staff time to start from scratch!

Wow, what an amazing coincidence to have that many players born between June 21 – July 23! So do you think the chemistry would be better with more Aries or more Sagittariuses or do we need more Pisces?
I hear Geminis are kind of two-faced so you don't want many of those for sure.

Regardless of astrological sign (or misplaced disease analogy), when you have an organization that has weak leadership and a lack of direction, it is amazing how internal conflicts and personality squabbles break out.

If they had played under this system, you may well have been condemning Michelle Marciniak or Alexa Hornbuckle, or Semeka Randall or many other strong-willed LV players "as cancers." Heck, maybe even Candace.

Last edited:
Wow, what an amazing coincidence to have that many players born between June 21 – July 23! So do you think the chemistry would be better with more Aries or more Sagittariuses or do we need more Pisces?
I hear Geminis are kind of two-faced so you don't want many of those for sure.

Regardless of astrological sign (or misplaced disease analogy), when you have an organization that has weak leadership and a lack of direction, it is amazing how internal conflicts and personality squabbles break out.

If they had played under this system, you may well have been condemning Michelle Marciniak or Alexa Hornbuckle, or Semeka Randall or many other strong-willed LV players "as cancers." Heck, maybe even Candace.

We definitely need more Pisces

Reactions: madtownvol
A player making any type of negative comments towards their caoach can not be tolerated! Everyone wants to be back at that level under Pat and the current level of UCONN, Baylor, ND, Stanford etc! Well i will assure you this undermining would have been squashed by Pat and these other Coaches! Holly is fired or resigns and something with the new coach is not liked she and others will feel they can do this again! Lots of changes should be made with both staff and roster!

Well that’s unfortunate. I’m glad y’all don’t have the ultimate say here. Because, I sure damn hope Evina returns to the Tennessee Program.

Well that’s unfortunate. I’m glad y’all don’t have the ultimate say here. Because, I sure damn hope Evina returns to the Tennessee Program.

She is out of here per twitter and she is taking heat from some former players. I will say this Holly is the coach if you want to throw shades at her fine, But when you go after the staff that`s a problem. I`m sure those comments did not sit well with Gordon and Anosike. Gordon and Anosike had a outstanding career and TN had have the rings to back it up. And as R.Lobo and M. Taylor said pretty much look at the box score. I just think Westbrook could have handle this a different way.

She is out of here per twitter and she is taking heat from some former players. I will say this Holly is the coach if you want to throw shades at her fine, But when you go after the staff that`s a problem. I`m sure those comments did not sit well with Gordon and Anosike. Gordon and Anosike had a outstanding career and TN had have the rings to back it up. And as R.Lobo and M. Taylor said pretty much look at the box score. I just think Westbrook could have handle this a different way.
I'm pretty sure she only said "staff" in order not to call out Holly by name and alone which would have been way worse. I'd say pro-Holly and anti-Holly camps have been well set for a while, with possibly even some current staff being somewhat anti and therefore glad Evina finally got it all out there. And ALL of this is on CHW. She lost her locker room, if she ever really had it, several years ago.

As far as some box score connection, I think the players' exact point is their lagging box score and awful record. I'm pretty sure they're asking for help with that. So if you have to be really good to say out loud that your coach is not able to help you get really good, WTF?

I'm pretty sure she only said "staff" in order not to call out Holly by name and alone which would have been way worse. I'd say pro-Holly and anti-Holly camps have been well set for a while, with possibly even some current staff being somewhat anti and therefore glad Evina finally got it all out there. And ALL of this is on CHW. She lost her locker room, if she ever really had it, several years ago.

As far as some box score connection, I think the players' exact point is their lagging box score and awful record. I'm pretty sure they're asking for help with that. So if you have to be really good to say out loud that your coach is not able to help you get really good, WTF?

I agree with you because i remember kyra Elzy had her differents with Holly and that was the reason she left.

VN Store

Back