Everyone needs to see this tweet

NB4 But but GaSt.
True. But Dad gum this program has been through some shyte. I almost think we need to shut it down for 24 months and actually evaluate where we are, were, and want to be.

Reactions: Behr
I vote just let Pruitt work. 2 more years min. Still bench JG immediately.

Reactions: cgrish
And quit acting like Pruitt walked into anything other than a dumpster fire

All you Pruitt apologist will never ever ever convince us that Georgia State should have been a loss. I don't care what he inherited. We clearly have more Talent than that team. We were unprepared, poorly coached, and not motivated to win that game. The season opener for God's sakes. You can keep trying with this bull crap that he inherited a bad situation. A lot of coaches inherit bad situations and get more than this accomplished. Plus he is going backwards not forwards. Any minuscule progress would be nice to see. Just not seeing it.

That’s platinum dumb.
No it's not dumb. I agree. There is no way anybody could have accomplished any less than what our coach has. He beat 1 FCS go this year so far. We are ranked like 110th in the country. Coming into the season we were in the 50s. We can't even blame it on injuries this time.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Excuses are the bricks that build a house of failure
Some of these Pruitt worshippers would still support him if he had five seasons and won one more game the whole time. They're not rational. They're more in love with the coach then with the program.

The Firing and Hiring of coaches is more entertaining than watching the Vols try and Play Feetball, yes?

All you Pruitt apologist will never ever ever convince us that Georgia State should have been a loss. I don't care what he inherited. We clearly have more Talent than that team. We were unprepared, poorly coached, and not motivated to win that game. The season opener for God's sakes. You can keep trying with this bull crap that he inherited a bad situation. A lot of coaches inherit bad situations and get more than this accomplished. Plus he is going backwards not forwards. Any minuscule progress would be nice to see. Just not seeing it.
Please provide one thread, or one post for that matter, where someone tried to do that. It's okay; we can wait.

Wyoming shouldn’t have beaten Mizzou. Louisiana Monroe should never have beaten Saban. Losses like that one happen frequently in sports.

CJP won 5 games his first year. Ready to talk about their second?

No because the Butch's second season is the past and Pruitt's second season is only a third of the way done.

But nice deflection.

Reactions: Behr
wow I had no idea 2015 was that rough. those are guys that would be the Senior leaders today. And the sheer number of Jucos we struck out/wasted time on. That being said i'd like to see similar graphics on other schools for some perspective.11 medical retirements wow.
Uh, no, they would be graduated other than ones who redshirted. Pretty basic.

Reactions: hog88
Leach is 10 over .500 at a school with no expectations. The pressure and stress would have been much higher here and his record would be worse. He’s never been known for Defense other than 1 year. His offense works great when teams don’t play defense but when they do it wouldn’t get going fast enough and we’d never catch up.

FCS Pruitt is 6-10 with loses to Georgia State, BYU, Vanderbilt, Missouri, and South Carolina.

7 of his losses have been by 25+ points.

He plays no offense or defense.

Why do you keep defending this man likes it’s your job? Are you his fluffer?

So, this explains why we're always the youngest team in football. However, kudo's may initially being in order for minimal defections from Pruitt's classes. That's a good sign.

Just my opinion, but you can be a very average coach and do pretty well if you can figure out how to have an OLD team...like MZ has apparently figured out. They sign 2-3 star guys, but they stay in the program, play for four years, and by the time they're juniors and seniors, they may not be Bama/UGA/LSU type players, but they're better than five star Frosh starting across the line from them.

This is a great observation. This is exactly how Mizzou has been competitive with seemingly crap recruiting classes. They redshirt almost all their Freshman. They suffer minimal attrition. The coaches find players that are the right fit and they develop them well.

I do some advanced stats and one of the shocking things I found last season: Mizzou arguably had the best O-line in the SEC. Now, in reality, maybe Bama and / or Georgia were ahead of them (my stats had Mizzou around #1 or #2 depending on how I measured things), but that O-line was almost certainly top 3 in the SEC.

Wyoming shouldn’t have beaten Mizzou. Louisiana Monroe should never have beaten Saban. Losses like that one happen frequently in sports.
But you combine that with all the other historic losses he has already had in one season and a half it's very telling. He has more 25-point losses than any coach in Tennessee History I do believe. We know for a fact he's got more 25-point losses + 16 games then Coach Fulmer had in 16 years. So when I say Georgia State I'm not looking at that as a microcosm. His whole body of work sucks.

VN Store

Back