Every blog or fan page has driven

Not even close to accurate. Losing...consistently and big...has sucked the life out of the program. The fans don’t punt, pass, kick or tackle. They are in no way responsible for the ineptitude on the field every Saturday.

And, yes, for the fans a football game is a social function.
Correct. Most every Vol fan realizes we're not going to world beaters any time soon, but we do expect to see progress and competitive games and effort, without constantly feeling the wheels are off the wagon. We're seemingly always closer to a discussion about whether our coach should be on the hot seat than how close we are to being a winning program again.

It is the same. Negativity breeds the same result. The coaches were great last year..Terrible this year. Coach Majors called Tennessee fans Legion of the Miserables 40 years ago. Nothing has changed. Our fans have sucked the life out of our program!
🤔🤭😆🤣

If fan negativity preventing a team's success were true, no historically bad to mediocre team could ever rise above their station. Not only do we see a team from a traditionally down program rise above every season, we also see programs climb out of the cellar and remain relevant for years or decades. Administration, coaching, and program vision have more impact on success than fans clapping more and yapping less.

Reactions: MeanOrange and tbh
See, here's the problem with you. You've been a poster for years back on govolsxtra, now here, and you come in here every now and then and stir the pot and get people riled up with simple, logically-driven, yet smarmy posts. And at times like that, I don't like you.

Other times, you post things like this that make 100% sense and I don't know how anyone with half a brain can argue against it. Logical, well-stated analogy that makes sense without the snarky undertones. Then, I like you again.

Damn you. Stop toying with my emotions. :p
(For the record, I agree with everything you said in this post. The program has to do more. Once too much fan apathy sets in, it's a dang hard climb back up that hill you just slid down--again. Also, I didn't use blue font in the beginning, where I guess I could have. You're [usually] okay in my book. :) )
stop hugging the alligators.

As fans, we want to believe our favorite team is going to compete for a National Championship every year. Not a natty, don't even know what that is. We are disappointed when our team doesn't compete the way we want them to. We have been in a relentless cycle since Fulmer was dismissed, due in part to the ineptitude of the Athletic Director at the time and the immaturity of the coach he hired. Same with Kiffin's replacement, someone not ready for prime time. The next AD hires a used car salesman and at first things looked good, but then the truth shone through. Now, Fulmer knows football, and if he thinks Pruitt is the man for the job, I'm willing to give him the time to put a solid footing under the program. We all probably saw the news conference when Pruitt was hired. Fulmer fully expected the process to take 5-6 years. We're just barely past two years, and people are wanting another coaching search. Back to the relentless cycle.

me so away from Tennessee football. The hate, negativity, criticism and NegaVol attitude has pushed me away from everything Tennessee football. I once saw 14 years of football games in a row, in person. I presently can’t stand to be with the hateful people that claim to be Vol fans!
This negative energy pervades our program and the Legion of Miserables will never let our team improve. This aura pervades ye program and coaches, and yes, players. It’s an environment that produces losing. Our fans are losers but looking for winning. They don’t go together. Own it, it is a fact!

I never saw a fan in the stands or a blog miss a tackle or a block. Never saw one throw an INT, drop a pass, or fumble the ball away. Never saw one put a defective game plan or product on the field to play. Never saw one out prepared, out hustled, and out performed leading to a loss during a game.

OP you may want to rethink your position.

I will use an analogy here.

You have a football game with a packed stadium going bananas. You go down 7-0. The crowd is still into it. You go down 14-0. The crowd is still trying to urge the team on. You go down 21-0. The crowd still thinks they have a chance if they start getting some bounces to go their way. You go down 28-0.

And then the crowd begins to sit on their hands and waits for the team to actually do something to give them a reason to continue to cheer. The crowd realizes they're not really doing a damn bit of good to help spur the team to victory in this one.

And that's where the attitude of the fan base and the current state of the program are. At this point, the program has to give people something. Lord knows the fan base has been doing their part for a while now.

You just described the 2016 Bama game in Neyland.

Reactions: saxvol and tbh
stop hugging the alligators.
1rN68W75Cy-kHNRYrbrfsuSGdtU3U4tq1M4o1hMClOs5-dFcp5vsqYQC60jlEE-0AGuIfdhASW48xsF3XBFFS_3GGxAEYJtksHMY8Urn48xC7a1i55Cf2Qfs9ZWw9f13TKukQOpXA5gkuGvFauNywdw97GSQP--R8fs

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
It is the same. Negativity breeds the same result. The coaches were great last year..Terrible this year. Coach Majors called Tennessee fans Legion of the Miserables 40 years ago. Nothing has changed. Our fans have sucked the life out of our program!

The UT Athletic Department and Administration has sucked the life out of the the football program since 2008...there I fixed it for you. But to add to that statement, the current coaching staff has sucked the life out of what limited momentum the current team had earned from the now ancient 8 game win streak.

me so away from Tennessee football. The hate, negativity, criticism and NegaVol attitude has pushed me away from everything Tennessee football. I once saw 14 years of football games in a row, in person. I presently can’t stand to be with the hateful people that claim to be Vol fans!
This negative energy pervades our program and the Legion of Miserables will never let our team improve. This aura pervades ye program and coaches, and yes, players. It’s an environment that produces losing. Our fans are losers but looking for winning. They don’t go together. Own it, it is a fact!

Tennessee is no longer competitive in the
SEC
Vol fans are just fed up with losing attitude of the players and lack of development by the coaching staff

You can take that **** somewhere else. I'm very negative about this coaching staff. I hope we lose out so pruitt has a chance to be fired. This coaching staff doesn't suck because of anything I do. I was all in on pruitt till this season. They sucked before I became negative. Youre over here spouting absolute nonsense and talking to yourself. Pruitt sucks as a head coach. Our qb coaching sucks. They don't suck because of the fans, you turd nugget.

If fan negativity affected the direction of a football program then Alabama wouldn't have survived the 90s. Own it. Its a fact!

Our football team hasn't been any good since the internet was a thing. Not many other football programs can say that.

I'm sure 1930s German jews would have been much better off had they just been more positive about their situation. Their negative energy was pervading the nation.

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
Fulmer did the best he could with less than $4 million for hiring a head coach. That is simply not the going rate for a Top Tier Head Coach, it is more like $7 to $9 million a year to bring in a Big Gun Head Coach.

There is always the chance that your unknown low dollar coach could turn out to be superstar, but don't count on it. Most of the good ones have been around a while and have solid track records to support the Big Bucks.

Just remember, you get what you pay for, and that is exactly where we are today, and have been for the past 20 years.

Reactions: preacherwebb

Well bye. Why you’re at it take Fulmer and Pruitt with you.

VN Store

Back