Every blog or fan page has driven

You know why people are really nuts and up in arms about all this? JG. A quarter think because he's tough that's enough, another quarter say he's better than the other guys obviously so that's enough (even though the other guys haven't had an equivalent amount of time put into them that he has had, would they be better, I dunno, BM and HB were pretty good in Georgia hs ball, so maybe), the next portion think JG is garbage and shouldn't have ever been playing, and the last bit just want someone new. Yes, I know I've stated nothing new. Here's the point. We are ALL simply tired of talking, thinking, watching, experiencing, listening to anything about the guy. We just want it to stop in any way possible and unfortunately it won't until he leaves and we know that and it's maddening. I can deal with everything else about the team being bad, I've got callused to it, but with JG, it's Chinese water torture and I just want it to stop. Either play better, sit on the bench, leave, something, just anything but the same thing day after day, game after game, etc etc etc. Everyone else, just quit picking at it from either side. It's not even apathy, it's complete surrender, I'll do, say, act, even remove a toe if it will just stop. I want a future where there is no mention of him on a message board, radio show, conversation with friends, nothing.

me so away from Tennessee football. The hate, negativity, criticism and NegaVol attitude has pushed me away from everything Tennessee football. I once saw 14 years of football games in a row, in person. I presently can’t stand to be with the hateful people that claim to be Vol fans!
This negative energy pervades our program and the Legion of Miserables will never let our team improve. This aura pervades ye program and coaches, and yes, players. It’s an environment that produces losing. Our fans are losers but looking for winning. They don’t go together. Own it, it is a fact!
Then get off your damn computer.

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
Notice, he has disappeared. That's his MO, start the thread, get the argument going, then disappear. UTSID?
Sarge comes rarely...he posts...then he leaves for awhile. Same on every board he's on.

He is a great teacher though...the man knows what he's talkin about when it comes to winning. He's not all talk

me so away from Tennessee football. The hate, negativity, criticism and NegaVol attitude has pushed me away from everything Tennessee football. I once saw 14 years of football games in a row, in person. I presently can’t stand to be with the hateful people that claim to be Vol fans!
This negative energy pervades our program and the Legion of Miserables will never let our team improve. This aura pervades ye program and coaches, and yes, players. It’s an environment that produces losing. Our fans are losers but looking for winning. They don’t go together. Own it, it is a fact!
So the continued losses and mediocracy for consecutive years has nothing to do with driving you away from the Vols? It's the fans who are sick of mediocracy that are driving you away. Got it.

Reactions: 4chrissy

No, having less points than the other team at the end of the game is what produces losing. You know what produces winning? Having more points than the other team at the end of the game. And I'm willing to bet you wouldn't give a damn what any other Tennessee fan said if the Vols finished more games with more points than the other team.

Tennessee fans have witnessed the worst 15 years of Tennessee football ever documented. EVER. 101-93 since 2005. 52% win percentage. Don't pawn that off on the fans like it's their fault. Preposterous, sanctimonious, ridiculous. I'm not even one of the ones complaining for the most part, but I do not blame anyone who's just exhausted by Tennessee football at this point.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Then why don't you just go away? A lot of us are tired of your relentless personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with your outlook on the trajectory of the program. You don't want to hear it, we don't want to hear it. You've barely been here a year. So...bye

Could be be the BEST post I've ever read on here!!! Preach it my friend 👍

So my negativity about UT football (from the top down) has caused UT football players to regress (JG) and give up in games (whole team)? Yeah, right.
If this staff could produce, even a competent, dare I even say competitive, team, we'd not be so negative.
If this administration could hire a coach (without producing a fiasco) that can give us a glimmer of hope, we'd not be so negative.
Yeah, you're right, it's the fans fault.

And then he disappears after a couple posts.
tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

ms-JDj8gM.gif

It is the same. Negativity breeds the same result. The coaches were great last year..Terrible this year. Coach Majors called Tennessee fans Legion of the Miserables 40 years ago. Nothing has changed. Our fans have sucked the life out of our program!

Not even close to accurate. Losing...consistently and big...has sucked the life out of the program. The fans don’t punt, pass, kick or tackle. They are in no way responsible for the ineptitude on the field every Saturday.

And, yes, for the fans a football game is a social function.

Reactions: tbh
I will use an analogy here.

You have a football game with a packed stadium going bananas. You go down 7-0. The crowd is still into it. You go down 14-0. The crowd is still trying to urge the team on. You go down 21-0. The crowd still thinks they have a chance if they start getting some bounces to go their way. You go down 28-0.

And then the crowd begins to sit on their hands and waits for the team to actually do something to give them a reason to continue to cheer. The crowd realizes they're not really doing a damn bit of good to help spur the team to victory in this one.

And that's where the attitude of the fan base and the current state of the program are. At this point, the program has to give people something. Lord knows the fan base has been doing their part for a while now.
See, here's the problem with you. You've been a poster for years back on govolsxtra, now here, and you come in here every now and then and stir the pot and get people riled up with simple, logically-driven, yet smarmy posts. And at times like that, I don't like you.

Other times, you post things like this that make 100% sense and I don't know how anyone with half a brain can argue against it. Logical, well-stated analogy that makes sense without the snarky undertones. Then, I like you again.

Damn you. Stop toying with my emotions. :p
(For the record, I agree with everything you said in this post. The program has to do more. Once too much fan apathy sets in, it's a dang hard climb back up that hill you just slid down--again. Also, I didn't use blue font in the beginning, where I guess I could have. You're [usually] okay in my book. :) )

Reactions: VOLnMiami and tbh
Trying to blame the fans is literally the dumbest thing I see in forums or social media. We have been near the bottom of the conference for a sustained period and the stadium was still almost always full or right at it. Every season there would be optimism by fans. So much so that the Tennessee “next year is our year” memes became a thing. The fans aren’t holding the team back. And seriously, did you quote yourself and agree with your own post?

As a Bama fan looking in, and living through the late 90’s early 2000’s era of Bama’s desert wandering, I can assure you the UT fan base bears absolutely zero responsibility for the garbage product that hits the field. It is an administrative problem 100%.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The abysmal non-competitive losses and lack of any progress, for what should be a more talented team than last year, has done it for me.

Full disclosure, I've gotten to where I just DVR the game b/c I'm done wasting my time getting frustrated watching the awful product we've been putting on the field... some may think I'm not being a true fan, but whatever.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Total hogwash. UT has the best and longest suffering fan base in the country. In return, for our money and support, we've gotten crap sandwiches and promises for almost two decades now. It more along the lines of an abusive relationship. The beatings continue and the victim is told its their fault. Sadly the victim believes they're the problem so they remain in the relationship and beat themselves up for not being good enough.

Screw that attitude. It's time this administration get off its arse and do what is required to put this program where it belongs...competing for sec championships. Fans are not the problem here. It's actually shocking so many of us still give a damn.

VN Store

Back