ESPN's Chris Low reporting it's done

Oklahoma averaged 37ppg when he got fired. Their defense was awful. Stoops brother coached D though so Huepel was the sacrifice.

His pitstop at Missouri saw they put up 118 points vs Tennessee, Florida and Georgia while his QB threw for 3500 yards and 44tds.

Please, name some guys on his "stacked" roster at UCF. Frost recruited one full class there. I think it was ranked 55th or so. UCF has never signed a top 50 class in school history. Frost's 13-0 team that was mostly recruited by others, had 6 players go to the NFL, but 5 of those 6 left after the 13-0 season.
Averaging 37 PPG in a conference renowned for having historically awful defenses is not some earth shattering achievement.

UCF HAS gotten progressively worse since he's been there. If anything, you've just highlighted that his recruiting is lackluster.

And at Missouri, he had Mauk and Lock. Two of the best QBs to ever come out of that school. Are you baiting me? Lmao stop.

So continue being negative and miserable. The hire is done and no one is changing that. Do you think we have a better chance to succeed by being negative?
No I think people putting too much stock in how the fan feels is idiotic. Heupel will succeed or not succeed. You had majority approval of the fan base, at some point during their tenure, the last 4 hires. If your thought process actually worked one of those 4 would have succeeded.

Reactions: Border Vol
I get it. No one else wanted the job and White had to go with his guy from UCF. I'll support the team, although I don't like this hire and believe we will be doing it again in 4 years. You can't take short term success at UCF (surrounded by recruits, weak conference) and think he is going to equal that success playing UGA, UF, and UA every year. He does have success in coaching QB's so it will be interesting to see what he does with HB and KS, even BM. I haven't heard anything about his recruiting ability.

I think we made a huge mistake in not giving Freeze another chance. He will go to a P5 school and be successful.

I get it, though.

We were promised a home run hire and got a slow ground ball back to the pitcher instead. This is an epic failure of a hire. I suspect that JH is intelligent and organized and an excellent offensive coordinator but he clearly doesn't have the personality that's going to help him be a successful recruiter or motivator of young men. He is going to fail in spectacular fashion here.

Reactions: loservol
No I think people putting too much stock in how the fan feels is idiotic. Heupel will succeed or not succeed. You had majority approval of the fan base, at some point during their tenure, the last 4 hires. If your thought process actually worked one of those 4 would have succeeded.
Nice. So you are saying negativity isn’t bad for the program? That’s a pretty bold statement.

Obviously White didn’t want a one hit wonder in from the “fan belt conference” a guy that stayed in Knoxville for 9 months, or a guy who left Ole Miss with several NCAA violations and a bowl ban.
And yet freeze got a slap on the wrist from the ncaa because they found that he didn't know. And Ole miss wasn't going to fire him, he resigned. He should be our next coach. At least he knows what to do with talent.

And yet freeze got a slap on the wrist from the ncaa because they found that he didn't know. And Ole miss wasn't going to fire him, he resigned. He should be our next coach. At least he knows what to do with talent.
yea go 19-21 in the SEC IF he is able to cheat like crazy

Reactions: Perspective
I get it. No one else wanted the job and White had to go with his guy from UCF. I'll support the team, although I don't like this hire and believe we will be doing it again in 4 years. You can't take short term success at UCF (surrounded by recruits, weak conference) and think he is going to equal that success playing UGA, UF, and UA every year. He does have success in coaching QB's so it will be interesting to see what he does with HB and KS, even BM. I haven't heard anything about his recruiting ability.

I think we made a huge mistake in not giving Freeze another chance. He will go to a P5 school and be successful.

I get it, though.

Unfortunately, Hugh is a degenerate.

Reactions: Border Vol
Averaging 37 PPG in a conference renowned for having historically awful defenses is not some earth shattering achievement.

UCF HAS gotten progressively worse since he's been there. If anything, you've just highlighted that his recruiting is lackluster.

And at Missouri, he had Mauk and Lock. Two of the best QBs to ever come out of that school. Are you baiting me? Lmao stop.

Not enamored with the hire but you cant give credit to his players for success or "historically" bad Defense and then put all the blame on him for his short comings... everyone is going to have their short comings ....i wanted hugh freeze...He has character questions he has plenty of questionable losses along with great wins at ole miss. Kiffin My second choice regressed at FAU his second year and didnt do as well his 3rd year as he did his first. ..Kiffin also failed at USC.... You can go on and on

yea go 19-21 in the SEC IF he is able to cheat like crazy
The NCAA didn't see Freeze as "cheating like crazy"... Beat Bama twice and was competing for the sec while being nationally ranked and watched. And you don't think after what he's done with liberty since shows he can coach? Kids would want to play for that guy, period.

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Not enamored with the hire but you cant give credit to his players for success or "historically" bad Defense and then put all the blame on him for his short comings... everyone is going to have their short comings ....i wanted hugh freeze...He has character questions he has plenty of questionable losses along with great wins at ole miss. Kiffin My second choice regressed at FAU his second year and didnt do as well his 3rd year as he did his first. ..Kiffin also failed at USC.... You can go on and on
That's fine. But averaging 37 per game in a league where most teams are scoring 50+ per game while also having bad defenses across the board is not impressive. I WANT him to succeed, but you'll have to forgive me for wanting to see some results first before I start asking people if they've heard the good news.

Pruitt may not have known what was going on at Tennessee and consequently may get a slap on the wrist also. But Tennessee may get a bowl ban and lose scholarships because of actions by assistants under his watch. If that’s the case, then who’ya blaming.

VN Store

Back