ESPN says VOLS can sneek up on DAWGS

Callin it now we go to the swamp and win.
th

Richt was doing as well as could be expected, in regards to recruiting. Fulmer and Florida were stealing alot of his top prospects. UT and Florida were still the top dawgs, for much of Richt's tenure. UT was, at the very least, a force to be reckoned with. But, when UT collapsed, and UGA didn't ascend to the top, fans just fell apart, in Athens.
About as true an assessment as I have ever seen .. I was a Richt fan and hated seeing how it all ended. Wanted to see him do something great with Miami but alas, it wasn't to be. I don't think his hear was in it for the last 4 or 5 years of his coaching life. Fulmer ate his lunch and even when UGA had more talented teams .. Was it 2007 when UT beat UGA at a time when if UGA wins that game, they would have ultimately ended up in the title game? That's the stuff that rubbed UGA fans the wrong way with Richt. It seemed to happen far too many times over the years.

Reactions: kbear01
Without even looking at what they predict for UGA, they have UT at 8-4 with a loss to Florida .. I called the AU beating last year and I will call UT beating UF this year .. people keep talking about how Franks looked so good at the end of the season but consider his last 4 games:
Mizzou roughed him up bad and they were not a great defense by any stretch
Franks beats up a helpless Idaho
Franks beats up a hapless FSU
Franks beats up a Michigan team minus several key players on defense, namely Bush and Gary.

So great, Filip can beat up tomato cans but put some pressure on him and he is still the old Filip Franks of old. Go get em CJP and prove me right!

Without even looking at what they predict for UGA, they have UT at 8-4 with a loss to Florida .. I called the AU beating last year and I will call UT beating UF this year .. people keep talking about how Franks looked so good at the end of the season but consider his last 4 games:
Franks beats up a Michigan team minus several key players on defense, namely Bush and Gary.

So great, Filip can beat up tomato cans but put some pressure on him and he is still the old Filip Franks of old. Go get em CJP and prove me right!

I wouldn't bet on TN winning, but I think it's certainly possible, and it would be a huge win for this team and the fans. If so, I'm sure that the predictions would jump to 10 wins with losses to GA and Bama in the remaining. And if we come out 4-0, I'm definitely buying tickets to the GA game even though they won't be great seats.

I think Franks is a decent QB, but I'm more worried about if JG and the offense overall improves this year.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bet on TN winning, but I think it's certainly possible, and it would be a huge win for this team and the fans. If so, I'm sure that the predictions would jump to 10 wins with losses to GA and Bama in the remaining. And if we come out 4-0, I'm definitely buying tickets to the GA game even though they won't be great seats.

I think Franks is a decent QB, but I'm more worried about if JG and the offense overall improves this year.
I know Guarantano gets a lot of flack on here but I would take him over Franks all damn day. Franks lacks accuracy and the ability to do a pre-snap read .. or a post snap read for that matter. The "magic touch" move that Mullen did with Franks was basically to tell him if his first read isn't there to tuck and run it seemed like. The kid has a a HUGE arm but just lacks all the other tools to make it work.

I just have a gut feeling that if UT puts any pressure up front, their defense is going to have a VERY good day against that Florida OL which will be enormously shaky. I think UTs OL is going to be a bit shaky this year as well but has more talent overall than UFs and could be the difference in that game. UF lost a lot on their DL, still has some pieces there, but they lost some very good players to the draft.

Felipe Franks as a gator QB has not lost a game to UT. He very well could be the worst QB in the SEC for all I know, but he has found a way to beat us every time he's been on the field against us so far. If we find a way to smear and rough him up this year and win, I'm good with it, just not having done it yet leaves us with nothing but the potential to do it.

Felipe Franks as a gator QB has not lost a game to UT. He very well could be the worst QB in the SEC for all I know, but he has found a way to beat us every time he's been on the field against us so far. If we find a way to smear and rough him up this year and win, I'm good with it, just not having done it yet leaves us with nothing but the potential to do it.
Good point .. he made the best throw of his life to do it one year but I just have a feeling as everyone hypes him up, the real Filip-A Franks will show up and he really isn't very good .. I'll even throw a score on it, UT 27, UF 18 in the swamp

I'll ne honest here...

There is virtually no way that Tennessee beats Georgia this year. That article is the product of a long off-season and everyone looking for something to talk about. Tennessee will do well to beat everyone except for Florida, Georgia, and Alabama this year. That would be a successful year 2 under CJP and the new coaching staff. I don't want to be to big of a downer here because I am a huge UT fan, but I am also a realist and don't see a way that we upset UGA barring some serious losses to their team before that game and our guys playing the game of their life we will not win that game. Maybe in 2 years.

My favorite phrase when expressing an opinion: “I’m a realist”

It’s shorthand for “I don’t know anymore than the next random guy but I’m going to lower my expectations so my feelings don’t get hurt. Oh, and I’m going to act like it’s a redeeming quality of mine”

Why does everyone think Florida is so unbeatable!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Good lord we had like 5 turnovers that game. They are not that good.

They were 10-3 with wins over LSU and Michigan good. They were 7th in the country good. They were major NY6 bowl win good.

And wasn’t it 6 turnovers? The 6 turnovers were mostly caused by a great UF defense overwhelming and making plays against UT. Let’s break down the 6 turnovers:

1) Sack and forced fumble
2) Interception on a screen pass
3) Amazing play by UF’s CJ Henderson, coming from across the field, hawking down Pope and forcing him to fumble through the end zone
4) Muffed snap, hapless fumble by UT
5) Strip fumble on opening kickoff of second half
6) Acrobatic interception by UF’s Brad Stewart on a long pass from JG

Aside from the muffed snap, all these turnovers were forced by Florida’s dominant defense. And don’t forget the safety, that’s really turnover #7. 6 turnovers and a safety, that’s pretty much just getting your butt kicked up and down the field, not bad luck or misfortune.

Reactions: Rooster1
UT is closer to beating Florida than UGA imo. Outside of the turn overs last season that game was overall competitive.

So outside of Florida’s defense sacking, stripping, forcing and attacking its way to 6 turnovers and a safety, and its offense scoring a best-ever 47 points in Neyland, the game was “overall competitive.” Got it.

And aside from that, the overall play was awesome! ~ Mary Todd Lincoln

Edit: you pointing out two plays in a game in no way proves your point that Florida didn’t physically dominate Tennessee. Jarrett was rattled and didn’t see the DE drop back in coverage after having had his brains beat in up to that point from Florida’s front 7.....Polite had already nearly decapitated and sacked JG after nobody had laid a hand on him, which CAUSED Jarrett to fumble deep in his own territory.

The Austin Pope fumble (not Eli Wolf) was just typical Tennessee BS where one of our knucklehead players allowed an opposing player to knock the ball away from him whole going in for what should’ve been an easy touchdown....that play doesn’t say anything about which team was or wasn’t more physical, you know that.

But on the whole, Florida owned both lines of scrimmage all night long and forced most of those 6 turnovers. Most of you guys act like Tennessee just laid the ball on the ground all night long and that just wasn’t the case.

I also think the Pope fumble was due to an incredibly athletic, hustle play from UF’s CJ Henderson. He flashed sub-4.4 speed, came from 30+ yards away covering that distance in a few seconds, it probably freaked Pope out more than anything, Henderson catches him, makes a hard tackle and forces the fumble. Amazing play by Henderson. Nothing exemplifies UF’s physical dominance in that game more than that play; Pope lumbering down the field with absolutely nobody around him, here comes a DB from UF tracking him down like a cheetah chasing a bloated wart hog, catches him and he pukes the ball out the back of the end zone. If Pope was closer to 4.7 speed instead of that 5.2 he appeared to be running, he scores easily. Or, if CJ Henderson was a 4.6 guy instead of a 4.4 guy, TD Tennessee.

Physical, athletic superiority on that play and throughout most of the game.

So outside of Florida’s defense sacking, stripping, forcing and attacking its way to 6 turnovers and a safety, and its offense scoring a best-ever 47 points in Neyland, the game was “overall competitive.” Got it.

And aside from that, the overall play was awesome! ~ Mary Todd Lincoln
Not what I said. I said that outside of the turnovers (which were do more to us not protecting the ball than them TAKING it from us) we matched up well with Florida talent wise. WE BEAT OURSELVES MORE THAN THEY BEAT US. Hopefully you get it now. If not I suppose I can spell it out one letter at a time?

ESPN puts Georgia on upset alert against Tennessee

Im starting to feel a fever and cowbell aint the cure! GBO

has anyone here been to local dog pound? it's pitbull terriers, beagles, and hound dogs. Now, the pure bred Blue Ticks may have better manners than their incarcerated cousins, but we dont sneak up on anyone....

knowing the nature and temperament of the pure bred bulldog...ill just leave this here, says it all.3B70F304-BB80-46DE-A393-0F809288786B.gif

About as true an assessment as I have ever seen .. I was a Richt fan and hated seeing how it all ended. Wanted to see him do something great with Miami but alas, it wasn't to be. I don't think his hear was in it for the last 4 or 5 years of his coaching life. Fulmer ate his lunch and even when UGA had more talented teams .. Was it 2007 when UT beat UGA at a time when if UGA wins that game, they would have ultimately ended up in the title game? That's the stuff that rubbed UGA fans the wrong way with Richt. It seemed to happen far too many times over the years.

Richt was UCLA's Bob Toledo 2.0. Doug Dickey was a coach like this as well. What you'll find if you hang around college football long enough is there will be coaches who are really good, prioduce winning seasons out the wazzo, have great players, develops them well, but they just do not have that "IT" factor that allows them to rise and produce a national championship, Dickey was not in thjis category though he left UT, then got fired at UF. They usually get fired because the institution finally realizes they will not get a NC unless it's by fluke. Kirby Smart is not there yet but another season or two on the sidelines watching two other teams play for a NC will pretty much put him right there as well IMO.

Not what I said. I said that outside of the turnovers (which were do more to us not protecting the ball than them TAKING it from us) we matched up well with Florida talent wise. WE BEAT OURSELVES MORE THAN THEY BEAT US. Hopefully you get it now. If not I suppose I can spell it out one letter at a time?

This doesn’t seem like a good hill for you to die on... Your team gets beat by 4 td’s at home, and you’re out here talking about “we beat ourselves.” Florida led by 14 after the 1st quarter, 23 after the second quarter, 20 after the 3rd quarter and 26 to end the game. It was never close. One team was clearly dominant during the game and the differences in the teams that were obvious when they played head to head, bore out the rest of the season as well. One team finished with a major bowl win, 10 wins, and ranked 7th nationally. The other team went 5-7.

They were 10-3 with wins over LSU and Michigan good. They were 7th in the country good. They were major NY6 bowl win good.

And wasn’t it 6 turnovers? The 6 turnovers were mostly caused by a great UF defense overwhelming and making plays against UT. Let’s break down the 6 turnovers:

1) Sack and forced fumble
2) Interception on a screen pass
3) Amazing play by UF’s CJ Henderson, coming from across the field, hawking down Pope and forcing him to fumble through the end zone
4) Muffed snap, hapless fumble by UT
5) Strip fumble on opening kickoff of second half
6) Acrobatic interception by UF’s Brad Stewart on a long pass from JG

Aside from the muffed snap, all these turnovers were forced by Florida’s dominant defense. And don’t forget the safety, that’s really turnover #7. 6 turnovers and a safety, that’s pretty much just getting your butt kicked up and down the field, not bad luck or misfortune.
You are an idiot. I know your going to expect me to give my reasons as to why that is true but if your breakdown is that ridiculous it deserves no explanation....

You are an idiot. I know your going to expect me to give my reasons as to why that is true but if your breakdown is that ridiculous it deserves no explanation....
He is an idiot but its dumb to argue with him. If it was the other way around you'd be bragging, talking chit and saying the same thing, except youd be doing it here instead of his board.

Reactions: KBVol

VN Store

Back