ESPN - Lanning new HC at Oregon

Interesting hire, I'll be curious to see who fills out his staff... both on offense and defense. Love to see Aaron Feld stay on as strength coach. The guy is glue with the athletes.

Seems like a pretty weak hire on the surface; hasn't been a HC before, was at Arizona St for 2 years but doesn't have much experience recruiting the west coast.

Kinda seems like Oregon went "UGA's defense was otherworldly this year...go hire their D coordinator."

Reactions: tbwhhs
Seems like a pretty weak hire on the surface; hasn't been a HC before, was at Arizona St for 2 years but doesn't have much experience recruiting the west coast.

Kinda seems like Oregon went "UGA's defense was otherworldly this year...go hire their D coordinator."

Does feel a bit that way. He seems like a very high energy guy who can recruit. These days I think recruiting is national rather than regional. Lots of talent on the West Coast for sure, but when you look at the Southeast and Texas tons of talent there as well.

Like they were going to “handle” Alabama? Michigan wins.
. Alabama unlike Michigan has a elite passing game and elite QB and WR’s that’s what you have to have to beat Georgia. Michigan’s strength the smashmouth run game plays right into Georgia’s strength the Dline. They won’t be able to run on Georgia though and I don’t have much faith that their game manager QB can get the ball downfield enough. Georgia will win 24-7 or 23-10 or something book it.

. Alabama unlike Michigan has a elite passing game and elite QB and WR’s that’s what you have to have to beat Georgia. Michigan’s strength the smashmouth run game plays right into Georgia’s strength the Dline. They won’t be able to run on Georgia though and I don’t have much faith that their game manager QB can get the ball downfield enough. Georgia will win 24-7 or 23-10 or something book it.
You were one of the ones that was claiming Alabama was going to catch a beat down in Atlanta. Don’t start this goofy **** again.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
Kiffin missed out again on his dream job of the week. Now he has to wait another year to bolt from Oxford which will tie his previous longevity record in one job - hate it for him. No AD will roll the dice on Lane and he can never figure out exactly why that is.

Somewhere in the Bible it says: No man can serve two masters.

Lanning can't be a full-time DC for GA and a full-time HC for Oregon at the same time. Both jobs are pretty intense, I'm sure. Particularly during recruiting season, which is in full swing, a first time incoming head coach from across the country probably needs to assure recruits who he is, what he's got in mind, etc.

On the other hand, a DC preparing for Michigan and, likely, Alabama needs to be with his players daily.

No man can serve two masters.

You must not be a married christian...;)

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution
Michigans D is as good as Georgias, and they have a better offense. This comes down to who's coach is dumber.

The only way I think this is a even a ok hire is if Mullen is the OC . I still think Kiffin would of been a way better hire .

Michigans D is as good as Georgias, and they have a better offense. This comes down to who's coach is dumber.
UGA allows less ppg and scores more ppg. Both QB’s are mediocre at best. Probably comes down to whichever team finds a big play in the pass game or scores a non-offensive touchdown. I’d definitely take the under on this one.

VN Store

Back