ESPN at it again

TennesseeT

I was watching college football live yesterday and they had one of the plays of the years segments that goes along to a song. Needless to say the only time Tennessee was shown in a good light was the Gerald Jones catch against UK. The rest of the time we were on the receiving end of the plays. The Jackson punt return, the Cal sack against Ainge, the Percy Harvin spin move, the Tebow leap over Hefney, the Hester plow over Vinson, etc. It just ticks me off that they seem to do that intentionally every year and I am personally ready for a year that they can't help but to show highlights of the Vols in a positive light. I really hope '08 is that year. A guess at least we were not a recipient of the last highlight which of course went to Michigan.

have we really gotten to the point that we're now compalining about not being included in highlight reels?

good greif people........go talk to someone about your self esteem issues.

have we really gotten to the point that we're now compalining about not being included in highlight reels?

:eek:lol:

Really what highlights were they supposed to show?

Lucas Taylor's catch against ULL?

:eek:lol::good!:

Please add above to the list for post of the week.

Berry's pick 6 against UF would have been great for the reel..but since we didn't win - it probably doesn't deserve to be shown. I think that the blocked kick against UK is up their with Gerald Jones catch, but you wouldn't show both. I know that it was only against USM ... but Mayo (or was it McCoy??) slamming the quarterback was sweet (but it was Southern Miss.) I could have seen a play against Georgia....maybe the 1st play against Georgia making it.

I understand one aspect of this post - it would be great to have some many huge playmakers that, at the end of the season, highlight reels would have a bunch of clips of our different players. Because, if that were the case, we would most likely be cleaning up on the field ... and dominating like we all want UT to dominate.

However, getting upset at ESPN that we didn't make the reel more than once in a positive light isn't realistic. And...our defense and ST allowed some huge plays on us....particularly early in the season...it doesn't surprise me some of those plays made the reel.

Oh yeah, I hear Mike Hart of Mich scored a good looking TD against appy state, why isn't that on there?

Berry's pick 6 against UF would have been great for the reel..but since we didn't win - it probably doesn't deserve to be shown. I think that the blocked kick against UK is up their with Gerald Jones catch, but you wouldn't show both. I know that it was only against USM ... but Mayo (or was it McCoy??) slamming the quarterback was sweet.

I understand one aspect of this post - it would be great to have some many huge playmakers that, at the end of the season, highlight reels would have a bunch of clips of our different players. Because, if that were the case, we would most likely be cleaning up on the field ... and dominating like we all want UT to dominate.

However, getting upset at ESPN that we didn't make the reel more than once in a positive light isn't realistic. And...our defense and ST allowed some huge plays on us....particularly early in the season...it doesn't surprise me some of those plays made the reel.

McCoy slamming the USM QB was shown for a brief second.

is it still a worthy highlight if the outcome is what it was?
Considering that Jesus Jr. couldn't stop him.. Yes.

That would be a great highlight had Tennessee capitalized on it. It seems stupid to pound your chest about a play in which the team loses by 39 points.
Sorry, I thought we were talking about a play, not a game.

2008 Vols Football........where championships don't matter, but highlights do.

:no:

McCoy slamming the USM QB was shown for a brief second.

Cool....and thanks....I had a sneaking suspicion that McCoy was the LB in on that play...especially considering where it happened on the field. But, Mayo was making a lot more plays later in the season....so I went with him from a probability standpoint :).

it's threads like this that make me understand VIA's motives just a little bit more.

Considering that Jesus Jr. couldn't stop him.. Yes.

Sorry, I thought we talking about a play, not a game.

Jesus Jr. not only threw that INT...but he also wanted no part of tackling Mr. Berry as far as I could tell. My wife's entire family (all Buckeye fans from Cincinnati...but letting me watch the game in a form of shared custody while they watched the OSU game) was laughing its collective butt off at how Tebow backpedaled and then casually let Berry get by him....they just kept on saying "look at his eyes...he wants nothing to do with him."

Look, I could care less if we're shown on the highlight reel or not, I was just saying it was good play.

Yeah...I agree. It appears, though, that when they made the highlight reel they may have stuck to games where that team ended up winning. I don't know that for a fact - just based on the limited plays mentioned in the thread. It was a sweet play to run that back .... practically goal line to goal line.

Yeah...I agree. It appears, though, that when they made the highlight reel they may have stuck to games where that team ended up winning. I don't know that for a fact - just based on the limited plays mentioned in the thread. It was a sweet play to run that back .... practically goal line to goal line.
erronious!
it's a full fledged onslaught of conspirators at ESPN that want nothing but the downfall of UTK.

how could anyone be so blind? I mean, it's so obvious.

VN Store

Back