Eric Gray is THE GOODS!!!

Just had this come up in my YT feed. He put this out back in September before Eric starting really showing out on the field. I can't wait to see what he's going to do this season running behind a one of the best O-Lines we've had in a long time.. Our ground game should be solid this season

GBO

..........on the second play, why did Jennings not bother to block anyone?

Reactions: dduncan4163
You guys need to dial it back a notch. This kid has proved nothing. He posted some good late season stats against some bad teams. You guys are making him out to be a future Heisman trophy winner. I’d be happy if he just proved to be an upper tier UT running back. So far, he most definitely hasn’t. It’s not even a given that he leads the team in RB touches this season, and the quality of his competition in the backfield is improving every offseason.

You guys need to dial it back a notch. This kid has proved nothing. He posted some good late season stats against some bad teams. You guys are making him out to be a future Heisman trophy winner. I’d be happy if he just proved to be an upper tier UT running back. So far, he most definitely hasn’t. It’s not even a given that he leads the team in RB touches this season, and the quality of his competition in the backfield is improving every offseason.
tenor.gif

Our backs are not known to be serious breakaway threats. Maybe in 2020-2021 that will change. With an improved OL we might see some serious running this fall.

Reactions: dduncan4163
These Running backs starting to remind me of the 1994 group. James Little Man Stewart , Jay Graham and Aaron Hayden and Mose Phillips. Pretty good stable. Eric Lane was on 1994 team also, played 6 seasons for Seahawks.

Go look at who all those RBs were running behind. lot of NFL All Pros represented.

The muscle relaxer lol that’s awesome. That should be his new nickname.
Crazy he can stop on the dime Like that. And he still has so much to learn. He is going to get so much better once he turns those Cuts more north and south. He has a natural ability to make people miss.

Eric Gray is a breakaway threat

Eh, I'm seeing 4.57 40 and his best 100m at 11.25. I mean that's not slogging through mud or anything but he's a good step down from guys like Webb, Graham, Lewis, Garner, etc as a true "take it to the house on any play against anybody" guy.

It's the quicks that get you consistent gashing of opponents when the opportunity presents itself though. Kamara is no burner either but he's done pretty well for himself.

Go look at who all those RBs were running behind. lot of NFL All Pros represented.
Like whom? Damn good college bunch...but Chad Clifton (2 Pro Bowls), Trey Teague (none) and Bubba Miller had the only significant NFL runs that I can recall.

Edit: missing Cosey Coleman, who also had a good NFL career...but no Pro Bowls.

Last edited:
Eh, I'm seeing 4.57 40 and his best 100m at 11.25. I mean that's not slogging through mud or anything but he's a good step down from guys like Webb, Graham, Lewis, Garner, etc as a true "take it to the house on any play against anybody" guy.

It's the quicks that get you consistent gashing of opponents when the opportunity presents itself though. Kamara is no burner either but he's done pretty well for himself.
i think that's what i like so much about gray. he has great vision and the lower body to use it. his cuts are great, and he is very shifty in traffic. for a kid that is on the smallish side, he's relatively hard to tackle. also, alot like Kamara.

assuming he's probably put on some good weight in s&c this off season, maybe gotten a little faster, i think gray is the kind of back we've needed....

Yep I agree with the NFL All Pro linemen and I believe barring injury
IMO we have 3 future All Pro NFL linemen on this 2020 squad.
The sameness in the 94 team was 5th year Sr. QB Colquitt hurt Helton hurt then freshmen QB's Manning & Brandon Stewart played the remainder of season and everybody knew Vols would be run heavy due to young QB's and freshmen mistakes.
Think these Vols will probably be run heavy too due to our QB's making freshmen like mistakes although just one will be a true freshman.

VN Store

Back