Emmit Gooden out for year with knee injury (confirmed by Pruitt)

Not past the high school level. Do you think that the learning curve is higher for Dlineman than LB or DB? I would assume LB would be the hardest followed by DB.

QB followed by Oline. RB probably the easiest which is why it’s normal for freshmen RBs to play if they’re talented

Like what, exactly?

Hiring ****** coaches has nothing to do with luck.

Only a simpleton would chalk up a 15 year run of sucking as "bad luck"
Maybe it was just a nightmare, but I recall two years of a historically high number of injuries before Pruitt got here. Are you suggesting that was due to bad coaching?

Reactions: jeff1vol and 08Vol
Not past the high school level. Do you think that the learning curve is higher for Dlineman than LB or DB? I would assume LB would be the hardest followed by DB.
the dlinemen have to know the different defenses, gap assignments, stunts as well as being able to recognize plays to drop in coverage and cover a TE or back out of the backfield. In addition to have 300+ pound linemen pushing and pulling on you. The defenses in College are more complex than HS for sure. I know in HS, we ran a simple 4 6 defense and tinkered with a 3 4 for 1 game.

tenor.gif

Going the LotR route this quote works the best

Yes, this hurts but it is not catastrophic nor dooms our season. The d-line is the one position group that gets rotated more than any other unit. This will certainly have an impact, but I don't think is as bad as many on here are making this out to be. I seem to recall Clemson winning a Natty last year without their best D-lineman.

Reactions: Sara Clark
My theory is that one of the bigger contributing factors is the diets kids eat today. In general over-sugared and over-salted, high carbohydrate, and over-grease junk. Stuff that doesn't contribute to strong bones, ligaments, and overall good health. It isn't just us but you see it in the numerous injuries on other football teams. Also in sports where impacts of all kinds demand body resiliency. Gymnastics, basketball, even tennis. Pre-digital age moms were right when they insisted you eat your vegetables.

Yes, this hurts but it is not catastrophic nor dooms our season. The d-line is the one position group that gets rotated more than any other unit. This will certainly have an impact, but I don't think is as bad as many on here are making this out to be. I seem to recall Clemson winning a Natty last year without their best D-lineman.

And they throttled BAMA to boot!

I doubt either in this case. ACL tears are rarely because of conditioning or training. You see them happen to highly conditioned athletes and to poorly conditioned athletes just because of freak stresses to the knee. Wrong step while running or landing can cause it.
Agree completely. My first ACL was when I was in my best shape playing semi-pro soccer. I am sure they performed a McMurray Test already which is one of the first things you check which will definitely expose meniscus issue. If anterior (front knee) issue, all that will be confirmed with MRI. I am praying no issue of course and hope it is meniscus at worst case. I am really concerned if beyond that being ACL or MCL. Those are no joke.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
COMPASSIONATE BUNCH OF COMMENTS.:mad::mad::mad: For a D-Line an ACL tear is a nightmare of an injury. Praying for this young man he's had a ruff road getting to this point. Yes it's next man up but you never want something like this to happen. Sometimes I think people forget that these young men are still kids 20,21,22. #GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
My theory is that one of the bigger contributing factors is the diets kids eat today. In general over-sugared and over-salted, high carbohydrate, and over-grease junk. Stuff that doesn't contribute to strong bones, ligaments, and overall good health. It isn't just us but you see it in the numerous injuries on other football teams. Also in sports where impacts of all kinds demand body resiliency. Gymnastics, basketball, even tennis. Pre-digital age moms were right when they insisted you eat your vegetables.
You are officially on ignore. Your preaching on here annoys the eff out of me.

VN Store

Back