Emmit Gooden out for year with knee injury (confirmed by Pruitt)

I hate football sometimes. I really do.

This kid has fought through a lot to be in this position. He needed to play two years and get out of school as quickly as possible.
Why? He hopeless academically? He had a shot (still does) at the next level but was and is no sure-fire NFL roster spot. Extra year towards a diploma can’t hurt.

Why? He hopeless academically? He had a shot (still does) at the next level but was and is no sure-fire NFL roster spot. Extra year towards a diploma can’t hurt.
Curious myself. I know why he's so impotent to our situation but..
Unless maybe he means financially, desperate need, idk.

Curious myself. I know why he's so impotent to our situation but..
Unless maybe he means financially, desperate need, idk.
Get that but reiterate that he wasn’t a lock. This time last year there was doubts on here about how much he’d contribute. FTR I saw him starting at nose, but many had Tuttle there. Mixed reviews on his efforts last season from VQ and others. I believed him to be a valuable piece this year but A PIECE. Next and we’ll see him next season hopefully if this bears out.

School is not for everyone. There is a reason he was at Last Chance U.

He absolutely is an NFL prospect.

I have 3 degrees and I would trade all 3 of them for the chance (talent+opportunity) to be drafted into the NFL.

Injury prolongs his "risk" in school, makes him a year older and now he has a significant injury on his record.

Reactions: 08Vol
Get that but reiterate that he wasn’t a lock. This time last year there was doubts on here about how much he’d contribute. FTR I saw him starting at nose, but many had Tuttle there. Mixed reviews on his efforts last season from VQ and others. I believed him to be a valuable piece this year but A PIECE. Next and we’ll see him next season hopefully if this bears out.
Oh, I fully admit my concern is based solely on expectations, not proven history. That and just lack of experienced depth.

Oh, I fully admit my concern is based solely on expectations, not proven history. That and just lack of experienced depth.
We had more experience last year with less physical development...I’ll take the trade.

Reactions: SpookyAction
School is not for everyone. There is a reason he was at Last Chance U.

He absolutely is an NFL prospect.

I have 3 degrees and I would trade all 3 of them for the chance (talent+opportunity) to be drafted into the NFL.

Injury prolongs his "risk" in school, makes him a year older and now he has a significant injury on his record.
If he truly has NFL dreams, seems he would just use the extra non fb time to make the class portion easier. Could take a little pressure off if handled right.

My immediate family has gone thru 3 ACL repairs and 2 procedures for meniscus. From what I've seen, they often can't fully evaluate until swelling goes down, maybe a day or two later. What I'm getting at is, maybe "it's an ACL" ... but maybe a sprain and not a tear, I pray.

My immediate family has gone thru 3 ACL repairs and 2 procedures for meniscus. From what I've seen, they often can't fully evaluate until swelling goes down, maybe a day or two later. What I'm getting at is, maybe "it's an ACL" ... but maybe a sprain and not a tear, I pray.
Swelling isn’t the issue. Stability is. There are checks that indicate pretty clear that the acl is torn.

Reactions: jps2194
Best to him and hope he recovers soon but as they always say”Next man up”..Game of football happens to all teams we just are one of the few that can’t really afford it.

VN Store

Back