Elijah Herring to the portal

Not that weird. Tea leaves were brewing strong.
Yep, his lack of athleticism was going to push him down the depth chart. I highly doubt this is a case of him transferring to a better LB room. My guess is he ends up at a lesser SEC school (Vandy makes sense), or perhaps an ACC or lower tier Big 10 program.

You didn't even mention Arion Carter, also Jalen Smith could factor in as well. I think we'll be alright, but it is a weird move by him.
I think $ is a factor also. I heard he wasn’t happy with his NIL at the end of the year.

Yep, his lack of athleticism was going to push him down the depth chart. I highly doubt this is a case of him transferring to a better LB room. My guess is he ends up at a lesser SEC school (Vandy makes sense), or perhaps an ACC or lower tier Big 10 program.
He had very good athleticism.

He just couldn’t fill the phone booth.
He was decent as a pass rusher. He had good hustle but my goodness he just couldn’t ever use that 240 Lbs to light someone up.

Good luck to Elijah tho. He did make an impact where is most just wanted him for his brother.

He had very good athleticism.

He just couldn’t fill the phone booth.
He was decent as a pass rusher. He had good hustle but my goodness he just couldn’t ever use that 240 Lbs to light someone up.

Good luck to Elijah tho. He did make an impact where is most just wanted him for his brother.
We will have to agree to disagree on the definition of "very good athleticism". He was consistently playing from behind and was poor in coverage. So, perhaps it was a combination of average athleticism and average acumen to diagnose where his man was going to be, but I don't know that many people watch him and are wowed by his athletic prowess.

I don’t wanna bash a kid on the way out, but this is not one I’m upset about from a competitive perspective. He was a constant target of my ire from the couch on Saturdays last fall, and I think we’ve got several talented young backers along with a veteran leader in Pili

I hate to see him go but he might be a step slow for the LB position…he would be really quick and fast as a DT - just don’t know if he can add the weight (or if he would want to).

Reactions: murfvol1
Good kid. Hope he has better luck somewhere else. Carter, Tealander, Pili, Jalen Smith, etc. I think he just didn’t have the speed and athleticism to be successful in this conference.

Reactions: murfvol1

VN Store

Back