Elijah Herring to the portal

Seems like maybe he didn’t agree with the post spring depth chart. New position coach can also change things. I wish him luck.

C

Carter when he comes back healthy should be a factor as well. Coaches seem to be high on Telander. He has been getting alot of praise and he seems like he’s in on every play.
Telander made the kind of move this spring that I was really hoping to see Seldon make at RB. He brings a calm and command to that LB room and has the physical abilities to back it up. He sacked Nico twice during the spring game

Telander had 37 tackles last season as a true freshman and just became more of a leader with every opportunity. That’s why Carter is chopping at the bit to get back out there. Going through every rep he can without pads. Carter will be there soon

I think your “Top 4”
1) Telander
2) Pili/Carter
3) Spillman/ Kentucky kid

Probably better suited for the big 10 where he can excel as a run stopper. Was exposed in the passing game last year.
True…in Pass coverage he was a step slow…but definitely a crusher against the run. He would be behind Pili for sure and by mid season might drop behind some of the newer players.

i still like him and wish he would stay - he’s tenacious and a hard hitter.

I hadn't seen a LB get hit so hard in my life the way he got hit not once but twice last year against Austin Peay. OMG he had no idea how to keep his head on a swivel. He got absolutely nailed twice. Hope he finds success

Reactions: Rocky Top T
Herring did his best while here. For that, thank you, Elijah.

Two, we are down to the Fall scholarship limit now, including the probation required reduction. Someone had to leave. And more will have to leave if we make any Portal additions.

Three, bluntly, Herring is a bit stiff for today’s successful SEC LB. His change of direction, and coverage instincts lack.

We gotta be a better fanbase than this... The kid came in and started 10+ games... Led the team in tackles over Beasley... He was a sophomore that was growing... We praise em and love em as freshman but forget em after.... It's a loss for sure.. Experienced young starter even if his role went to the 3rd LB

Herring did his best while here. For that, thank you, Elijah.

Two, we are down to the Fall scholarship limit now, including the probation required reduction. Someone had to leave. And more will have to leave if we make any Portal additions.

Three, bluntly, Herring is a bit stiff for today’s successful SEC LB. His change of direction, and coverage instincts lack.
Hope Caleb doesn't read this BS.....

VN Store

Back