Eli Wolf heading to UGA

I can’t believe all of the negative Nelly’s in here, for goodness sake! The boy gave his all for Tennessee, he may not have been a superstar but nonetheless he gave everything he had. I’m sure after this season, he saw how things were going and decided this was his last chance to play. Can we please just cut him some slack and wish him the best??? If you knew that your playing time for the next season was minimal at best, would you happily sit the bench or go “all in” on the last hand?
I think the biggest issue. Is you leave Tennessee and go to one our 2 biggest rivals in the same division. If he went out of conference or heck one of the average teams in the west division it wouldn't be as bad. But if Georgia beats us this fall and based off the disparity of rosters its likely. Eli will be celebrating on our field. Kinda like his old coach.

Which begs the question why they offered him at all.
With the way coaches negative recruit. And current players host recruits on visits. Part of me wonders if this isnt a ploy for once on campus if players like Harrison Bailey that are Tennessee commits or heck just deciding maybe Tennessee over Georgia that Wolf will be expected to tell dirt of why he left Tennessee for Georgia. I know it sounds far fetched but if you believe it wont happen you dont follow SEC recruiting lol.

He won’t play with the talent UGA has there. His brother was light years ahead of him talent wise IMO. But best of luck to him.

If he was going to ACC school, everyone would be thanking him for his commitment and contributions to the university. Going to UGA, it seems to be a different story...and perhaps, this is justified. I don’t know the depth at TE there, but UGA is a very nearby football powerhouse school to take a try..

I live I GA and I’m getting blasted!! Hope he don’t get hurt but I hope he ruins a game at UGA with a fumble or missed block. If they put him on the he field against us they’ll have his number and it won’t be pretty

He sees the writing on the wall and wants to go to a “better” situation. So go, good luck, I guess

He won’t be missed but it’s crazy how a kid can go from “go Vols” to “go dawgs” in an instant. Same can be said for Pruitt going from
Roll tide to go Vols I suppose.

Heck for 3-4 mill a year I could say roll whatever go who ever....make a few mill and call it quits, and go back to screaming GO VOLS

This dude was garbage who cares. Let's focus on players that can actually contribute on the field.

21b.jpg

Ignore haters, whiners, and second-guessers, Eli do your own thing. Stay healthy, have fun and lots of good things. Course, I look forward to the Vols issuing a massive payback on the slobber mutts this coming season.

How is it hating or whining when most people say just goodbye. He's not one of us anymore. He's not a Vol and honestly not a VFL in my opinion. He is going to a team and will actively attempt to help them beat us potentially. Whatever. Good luck to him, hope he stays healthy, hope he has a career season in every game but one and gets exactly 0 yards against us. He probably will anyway because he'll likely be buried on their depth chart.

Reactions: shadedvolorange
To me this seems like a PR move on UGA’s part. We got Aubrey from them, maybe Kirby Shart felt he needed a similar headline and took what he could get. Just my .02

Reactions: shadedvolorange
How is it hating or whining when most people say just goodbye. He's not one of us anymore. He's not a Vol and honestly not a VFL in my opinion. He is going to a team and will actively attempt to help them beat us potentially. Whatever. Good luck to him, hope he stays healthy, hope he has a career season in every game but one and gets exactly 0 yards against us. He probably will anyway because he'll likely be buried on their depth chart.

Well...two things of note. One is that my post was addressed to you neither specifically nor personally. So I don't why you feel a need to post a defensive response. It was an encouragement for Eli to ignore haters, whiners, and other such detractors. Even if you're one of those folks, whoever they may be, I was addressing Eli whether he ever sees my post or not. The second part of your post, I think it's obvious I pretty much said the same thing you did. So we should be shaking hands instead of butting heads. Least that's my take on the matter.

Reactions: WilliamDuVOL
Not sure how you think that hurts my feelings, I don't know the kid. I've seen him play a few Football games, but that's all I know. I know more about you as a person after these two posts than I do about him.

Truth hurts snowflake

8 Career catches for 78 career yards.

He won’t be missed but it’s crazy how a kid can go from “go Vols” to “go dawgs” in an instant. Same can be said for Pruitt going from
Roll tide to go Vols I suppose.
except pruitt got paid millions to do so

VN Store

Back