Eli Wolf heading to UGA

Well good luck in life and enjoy sitting on that bench...But hey you'll get in against UT so you can pump your fist a couple of times.

He hustled this past spring and made a name for himself he's a good kid. Wish him all the best, except against us of course.
Recall hearing CJP compliment Eli on his hard work in spring practice. Just not a strong blocker. That's vital today.

Reactions: MoodyVol
Good luck Eli, thanks for the time you spent here

Above average football career ? Are you kidding?

Are you saying that his career has been below average to this point or are you saying it is above average? I’m assuming the former but what is your baseline? He contributed to a program competing in the SEC which makes him an above average player by default. If you are going to comment on a post, at least clarify your position.

Reactions: MoodyVol
Are you saying that his career has been below average to this point or are you saying it is above average? I’m assuming the former but what is your baseline? He contributed to a program competing in the SEC which makes him an above average player by default. If you are going to comment on a post, at least clarify your position.

Yes sir, i will do my best. He was a below average player on a below average team. How's that sir.

I can’t believe all of the negative Nelly’s in here, for goodness sake! The boy gave his all for Tennessee, he may not have been a superstar but nonetheless he gave everything he had. I’m sure after this season, he saw how things were going and decided this was his last chance to play. Can we please just cut him some slack and wish him the best??? If you knew that your playing time for the next season was minimal at best, would you happily sit the bench or go “all in” on the last hand?

One thing I read is that our receiver depth is kinda low and Wolf was a receiver in high school and did pretty good so why not try to play him there then?

Sorry, Dawg fan here. I believe this is a depth move on our part. Lost Nauta to the draft and Ford transferring from being homesick. Don’t know too much about Wolf, graded out decent as a pass blocker, not so much at run blocking. We don’t throw to our tight ends that often so don’t see us needing him as a pass catcher when we have a good receiving tight end already on the roster. Not sure how much he’ll play other than in certain schemes for blocking but I do like that he represented y’all at media day since I doubt he would’ve been there if he wasn’t a good leader or hard worker. Good job on the signing class btw, y’all got a few studs for sure.

VN Store

Back