Electric Vehicles

That's actually not terrible. We looked into one for my office (vaccine storage, EHR necessity), and it was about 4x that. Plus, we needed a gas line trenched and run, and it was $$$.
Commercial and medical kickers. Both big multipliers. Probably damn near the same hardware if it was similarly rated KW capacity too.

It’s like buying a new carburetor ($$)…. for a boat ($$$$)

Commercial and medical kickers. Both big multipliers. Probably damn near the same hardware if it was similarly rated KW capacity too.

It’s like buying a new carburetor ($$)…. for a boat ($$$$)
Full disclosure, from someone who has seen a boat go up in flames, a boat carburetor is -and should be- a different beast

Full disclosure, from someone who has seen a boat go up in flames, a boat carburetor is -and should be- a different beast
It has some differences to it yes. I think largely related to backfire arresting capability. But if you put them both on a bench they look nearly the same. Or they did way back when I looked at this stuff which was a couple of decades ago. We are of course talking car engines adapted to marine use. The outboards I still tinker on are completely different. And I believe the latest 2 and 4 stroke outboards are all DFI anyway. Due to emissions legislation most all 2 strokes have gone the way of the dodo

Edit: I googled it. The only notable difference is where excess fuel is vented from the bowl. In an auto carb it is vented outside the carb and thus would accumulate in the bilge. On marine carbs it vents back into the engine and thus won’t collect in the bilge. Will an auto carb work? Yes and there are plenty running around I assure you. But it’s a fire risk due to the vented gas path. I always thought is was backfire flame arrester but it’s in the same general area.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Hybrid EVs make a lot of sense to me. Pure EVs are just stuuuuuupid in a nation as geographically dispersed as the US is.

Admittedly, I'm not the routine grocery shopper in the family and we don't drink a ton of soda, but $7.50 for a twelve pack of Coke cans seemed ridiculous when I went to the store this past weekend.
yeah but look at the megabucks you saved on the ride to the store

Admittedly, I'm not the routine grocery shopper in the family and we don't drink a ton of soda, but $7.50 for a twelve pack of Coke cans seemed ridiculous when I went to the store this past weekend.
Per can cost is still way lower than a vending machine.

Clearly you have no idea as the machines have 20 oz plastic bottles now.
Lol
I actually have no idea either as I’ve not had a soda in 4 years.

Power aid is 2:50.
LOL, that's funny

If soda prices get any higher, people will have to just start drinking beer.

Reactions: Carl Pickens

EV lovers gonna be stealing AC units before long.

Reactions: rekinhavoc

VN Store

Back