Electric Vehicles

I’d much rather have a 650 mile range and 0-60 in around 6 seconds. Hypercar performance is useless in 99.999% of all real-world driving scenarios.
Then the Roadster is not for you (or most of us).

I'm guessing those who have $250k of fun money for a car aren't buying one to sit in rush hour traffic.

That’s also true. But if I’ve got $250k burning a hole in my pocket for a car, it’s not going to be one that a botched software update can turn into a paperweight.
I get the sentiment, but I can assure you that you can't have more fun driving a $50k car than a M3P. Plus, there's a helluva lot less to go wrong with an EV.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
If you are in the market for a hypercar, 250 is chump change. After driving my car, I can't even fathom what 0-60 in 1 second would be like.

I cannot imagine any practical use for that at all. I do love the acceleration of my Model Y as it allows me to jump slower traffic when stropped at a red light and i need to hop over a lane. But that's really the main practical benefit.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm not going to put my life into the hands of a computer. I don't even like to ride in a vehicle that I'm not driving.
Same. The current software does require some interaction and attention by the driver, though. I don't think any of them are autonomous yet.

Which of those supercars hit 60 mph in one second and have a top end over 250? (If Elon's claims are accurate)

Totally agree on specs but when you’re dropping 250k you’re going for clout. Tesla brand isn’t that impressive. Great brand but doesn’t drop panties.

I’m sure this will work out great for the trucking industry

The industry will survive because people will still need their chit, it will just drive up the cost of all the chit we buy. Most people have no idea what these idiotic rules will end up costing them.

The industry will survive because people will still need their chit, it will just drive up the cost of all the chit we buy. Most people have no idea what these idiotic rules will end up costing them.
It will switch to short haul and a lot of stuff will long haul on trains.

It will switch to short haul and a lot of stuff will long haul on trains.

That’s already happening but there isn’t enough trains to handle an increase. Not to mention how screwed up the rail companies are, at this moment CSX can’t find 23 tanker cars of used oil. Been missing between 3 months and a year. And you can forget JIT freight.

ALSO let’s not forget all of the vocational trucks, trash, dump, drill rigs, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks ext that are not going to be efficient or effective running on batteries.

That’s already happening but there isn’t enough trains to handle an increase. Not to mention how screwed up the rail companies are, at this moment CSX can’t find 23 tanker cars of used oil. Been missing between 3 months and a year. And you can forget JIT freight.

ALSO let’s not forget all of the vocational trucks, trash, dump, drill rigs, vacuum trucks, concrete trucks ext that are not going to be efficient or effective running on batteries.
Not to mention the rail network has shrunk tremendously in the last 50 years. I am doubtful there would be any substantial increase.

Reactions: EasternVol
We’ve moved from operating in reality to operating in how we wish things worked

I find this statement to be true...profound...and insane. Its like a significant part of the population has completely abandoned objective reality.

A great example was posted not long before your post. Article says 8 more states are considering banning the sale of ICE powered vehicles. Yet there is absolutely ZERO infrastructure nor even the power plants required to go to only electric vehicles. None of these plants are even planned or proposed...its complete insanity. Why have i never heard a congressman, senator, governor or president ever bring up this obvious truth though? Its almost never mentioned. This isnt Narnia. Its the USA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeslice13

Even Tesla is struggling to sell EVs - analysts predict Elon Musk's market-leader faces first sales decline since the start of the pandemic​

Wall Street is bracing for the first Tesla sales decline in four years as appetite for electric cars continues to slow.

Analysts from Deutsche Bank and Wedbush have cut their estimations of first-quarter deliveries amid multiple setbacks, including factory closures and increased competition.

On Tuesday, Tesla will report how many cars it produced and delivered during January, February and March. Some experts think the number will be 15,000 lower than the same time last year.

The last time it saw a year-on-year decline in deliveries was in the first half of 2020 - a time when car makers had to shut down factories due to Covid.

Its share price has gone into reverse during the first three months of the year, falling more than 30 percent - the largest decline of any S&P 500 company.

VN Store

Back