Either DL gonna be unreal good or

Once the heat got off the QBs a little, All looked capable. Boy the protection has to improve thou.

1) it really made the game very slow to begin with. Tough to watch and wasn’t real exciting.
2) you show your opponents early what you can’t handle on the OL
3) much less but you’re showing some of your blitzes (probably will see it from last yrs film anyway)

I’d recommend starting playing D pretty basic early then later show a couple of blitz plays but not many. Jmo

So our QBs can get used to seeing what it’s gonna be like vs a decent SEC team doing nothing but rushing 3-4 players without. JG, Maurer and Shrout are gonna get murdered this year, might as well try to give em a taste of what it’s gonna be like.

Both the Dline and the Oline are suspect, you can only make so much progress in 1 year.

I still think think this team can win 6 or 7 games this year.... patience is the word in Knoxville, patience and more patience

Reactions: VolinMC and Tallman
1) it really made the game very slow to begin with. Tough to watch and wasn’t real exciting.
3) much less but you’re showing some of your blitzes (probably will see it from last yrs film anyway)

I’d recommend starting playing D pretty basic early then later show a couple of blitz plays but not many. Jmo

None of the blitz packages shown today were secret or revolutionary. I liked the 1 v 1 as iron sharpens iron . Defense usually is ahead of the offense early on in the season and spring. Plus everyone always says let’s not show anything. I say show it all. It makes coaches stay up late prepping for stuff you’ll never use.

All teams have tape from last year and know it’s literally anything they see. Don’t need to watch a meaningless spring game to know that Tennessee easily has the worst OL in the conference if not the country as well.

Reactions: Titan05 and Tallman

So we can see how the backups to Trey Smith, Brandon Kennedy and Darnell Wright will look like!

Reactions: BreatheUT

Thanks coach.

It's early but it's also a lot easier to get a sack on a touch play.

Also when TE is wearing black, it is difficult for him to block.

Reactions: LeBleu
I don't think Vols have a D line or Oline that can compete in SEC , this is spring game I know and I'm thankful it was didn't see much to be excited about …………...GO VOLS

Reactions: 08Vol and guido4198

VN Store

Back