EEs and Roster Turnover...

Just wondering, is there a list of the current "cancers" on the team? I have some ideas of a few (Shamburger, Abernathy, Sapp?)...

also wondering, who happened to be dancing on the sideline of the last game (as noted by Swain on his radio show)... they could obviously be added to the list of malcontents...

while I don't have a great deal of confidence in Pruitt and his staff, it would be nice to see what they could do with a group of players committed to developing their skills and performing at the highest level...

Fingers crossed for a competent OC hire...

Brandon Johnson has to be one. It was like he was purposely dropping pass during the season.

Last edited:
Most outlets are reporting we sign between 25-27 depending on if we can utilize blue shirts etc.
Generally speaking the 25 signings (NLI or aid agreement) limit per academic year eliminates blueshirting because their fall aid agreement signings count toward the signings limit for that current academic year. However, that limit became effective for signings on or after Aug 1, 2017, which provides a loophole IF a school had any class of 2017 blueshirts or grayshirts -- because they'd count toward the 2017-18 academic year signings limit but count toward the 2018-19 initial counters limit. In turn that would create the situation of having more 2018-19 signing limit spots than initial counter spots, which would enable taking that many blueshirts again in the 2018 class and each cycle thereafter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devo182
Generally speaking the 25 signings (NLI or aid agreement) limit per academic year eliminates blueshirting because their fall aid agreement signings count toward the signings limit for that current academic year. However, that limit became effective for signings on or after Aug 1, 2017, which provides a loophole IF a school had any class of 2017 blueshirts or grayshirts -- because they'd count toward the 2017-18 academic year signings limit but count toward the 2018-19 initial counters limit. In turn that would create the situation of having more 2018-19 signing limit spots than initial counter spots, which would enable taking that many blueshirts again in the 2018 class and each cycle thereafter.
Thanks for the info, I merely am stating what I have heard from other sites, I have no extensive knowledge of the logistics of it all, I have just read that the expected class is going to be around 25 or a shade over

Reactions: KBVol
Anyone thing some lower hanging players like Fant and Gray transfer out? Doesn't seem like Fant will ever see the field, and not sure if Gray has much of a chance either. Might be better off finding a better situation.

his lack of effort or football ability in games always stood out to me... the play where he got pushed out of the back of the end zone vs. Vandy was pitiful...

Yeah, that was a bad look. Didn't even try to disengage. Lipscomb could have pushed him out the door if he had tried to.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
We had Madre London, a guy tauted as being a power back, returning kickoffs... we are desperate for athletes. The turnover will be fast and furious

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SweetasSoda
Yeah, that was a bad look. Didn't even try to disengage. Lipscomb could have pushed him out the door if he had tried to.
Not that it matters but I'm pretty sure it was the tight end that was pushing him. Like I said it doesnt matter he still was giving zero effort to get off the block.

20 commits and 12 are 100% signing early per Simonton...

Morris - EE
Chris A - EE
McCollough - EE
Maurer - EE
Fields - Likely an EE
Burrell - hoping to be EE
Keyton - hoping to be EE
Lampley
Brown
Lowe
Williams
Harrison

Oline come on!!!!

Most outlets are reporting we sign between 25-27 depending on if we can utilize blue shirts etc.

Pruitt is going to rob Peter to pay Paul until he gets the right amount of competition and depth. That will eventually catch up with us and at some point, we will have to take a smaller signing class. There's really no way around this situation under the current NCAA limit on singings. It's tough to keep counting transfers and blue shirts in the following signing class.

13 by my count: Shrout, McBride, Warren, Tillman, M. Gray, Lane, Antonutti, Harris, Garland, Emerson, Peterson, Bennett, B. Davis.

The others either played in more than 4 games or already have had a RS year.

I don't think we RS all of those players. Like, Gray.. if we can't find a spot for him to play, why are we going to give him an extra year to soak up a scholarship? Maybe the same with Warren, if we're taking two TE's this year on top of DWA last year.

I don't think we RS all of those players. Like, Gray.. if we can't find a spot for him to play, why are we going to give him an extra year to soak up a scholarship? Maybe the same with Warren, if we're taking two TE's this year on top of DWA last year.

My guess would be Austin Pope. Not saying he is a cancer at all but he is far from SEC talent. Was at the Florida game and he was being pushed in the backfield all night. Nevermind he was caught from 20 yards behind. Seems like he would be a better fit at Chattanooga or ETSU.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Agree with you and like you’re thinking. Just concerned about having to play a ton of freshmen next year at key spots. Usually doesn’t work out unless you’re an elite program....and obviously, we’re a lowly also-ran type program about as far from elite as you can get.

Reactions: Catbone
Agree with you and like you’re thinking. Just concerned about having to play a ton of freshmen next year at key spots. Usually doesn’t work out unless you’re an elite program....and obviously, we’re a lowly also-ran type program about as far from elite as you can get.

I think the only freshmen we'd absolutely be starting would be Wanya. I'm sure Darnell (knock on wood) and Ramel would get PT, but they probably won't be utterly relied on.. Maybe Darnell down the stretch as our starters get worn down, but that should give him some time to acclimate.

On defense, I don't know if we'd have a single Freshman starting, unless we flip Owen Pappoe. Our other signees that would be newcomers would technically be JUCO.. Savion Williams, Daryl Middleton, Lakia Henry. Maybe McCollough or Harrison outplays Warrior at S, but that'd be a good problem to have.

The question was, who are the redshirts? And I answered the question. Notice I didn't say that they would all be on our team next year. Right? ;)

VN Store

Back