EEs and Roster Turnover...

thunder5

Cause I like to party
I was just going through the commit list and looking at potential targets as well...right now we have 8 commits listed as EEs with Lowe being a potential 9th...Pappoe, Gray and Marshall are listed as EEs as well...

IMO...we’ve got a recipe here for a huge change in the culture of our program...bring in a dozen talented/untainted EEs, purge a dozen worthless locker room cancers, throw in a much more manageable schedule and next year we could see a big shift in the direction of our program

Last edited:
I was just going through the commit list and looking at potential targets as well...right now we have 8 commits listed as EEs with Lowe being a potential 9th...Pappoe, Gray and Marshall are listed as EEs as well...

IMO...we’ve got a recipe here for a huge change in the culture of our program...bring in a dozen talented, untainted EEs, purge a dozen worthless locker room cancers, throw in a much more manageable schedule and next year we could see a big shift in the direction of our program
Assign the cancers their own personal tackling dummy at the beginning of spring practice . They'll catch on.

Reactions: thunder5
So if we have quite a few leave, can we immediately use those scholarships without any counting against issues?

20 commits and 12 are 100% signing early per Simonton...

Morris - EE
Chris A - EE
McCollough - EE
Maurer - EE
Fields - Likely an EE
Burrell - hoping to be EE
Keyton - hoping to be EE
Lampley
Brown
Lowe
Williams
Harrison

Early signees are great...EEs are pure gold right now...I’m hoping we get at least 10

No doubt. I think Kirkland Jr will be gone also, Shamburger also

Not sure about Shamburger but I would guess McBride and Latrell Williams on the offensive side. Tyler Byrd still hasn't found a spot on the roster that suits him well. Latrell Williams and Byrd will probably transfer to Colorado State and put up gaudy numbers like Preston Williams.

No, can only sign 25 and thats it. But since we brought in 3 grad transfers we have 22 spots for this class.
Well, as I posted earlier, let the seniors leave, pick the worst 22 left ( be it ability or attitude) let them go. Better to be short on overall numbers than let a few bad apples ( the attitude guys) ruin the whole basket.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Volquest has said we’ll take 25. I don’t think 22 is the number we will see.

Thats great but how? Grad transfers count toward the upcoming year meaning the 3 we took will count against this class putting us at 22.

Unless we didn't sign a full 25 last year we cant go above 22 unless they are blue shirts.

Looking at last year it looks like we signed 22-23 so that may be how...

Thats great but how? Grad transfers count toward the upcoming year meaning the 3 we took will count against this class putting us at 22.

Unless we didn't sign a full 25 last year we cant go above 22 unless they are blue shirts.

Looking at last year it looks like we signed 22-23 so that may be how...
Blue shirts and the staff will get crafty, they always bend the rules around to suit their purposes, as can be seen when Botch signed a 32 man class

Just wondering, is there a list of the current "cancers" on the team? I have some ideas of a few (Shamburger, Abernathy, Sapp?)...

also wondering, who happened to be dancing on the sideline of the last game (as noted by Swain on his radio show)... they could obviously be added to the list of malcontents...

while I don't have a great deal of confidence in Pruitt and his staff, it would be nice to see what they could do with a group of players committed to developing their skills and performing at the highest level...

Fingers crossed for a competent OC hire...

Just wondering, is there a list of the current "cancers" on the team? I have some ideas of a few (Shamburger, Abernathy, Sapp?)...

also wondering, who happened to be dancing on the sideline of the last game (as noted by Swain on his radio show)... they could obviously be added to the list of malcontents...

while I don't have a great deal of confidence in Pruitt and his staff, it would be nice to see what they could do with a group of players committed to developing their skills and performing at the highest level...

Fingers crossed for a competent OC hire...
I don't think Abernathy comes in that category, could be wrong, but he has played a lot this season and either way he doesn't matter now Abernathy's a senior

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Even though he's officially off the team, I included Abernathy because he's consistently pushed around and shows little or no effort... his lack of effort or football ability in games always stood out to me... the play where he got pushed out of the back of the end zone vs. Vandy was pitiful... he shows zero "want to" or anything resembling football ability... I figure as a senior "leader", he could have been one of the players that set a bad example day to day in practice, games, etc...

I agree he’s just not that good.
Can't disagree there, sad thing is he looks to be a pretty good athlete, just takes bad angles and doesn't hit very hard along with having the coverage skills of a pop-warner pee wee player

We forward-counted Chryst, London and Thompson to 2019. So we can sign 22 more against 2019 to hit 25 and use the same strategy to bring in grad transfers and late signees in June, forward-counting them to 2020.

VN Store

Back