EEs and Roster Turnover...

I don't think Abernathy comes in that category, could be wrong, but he has played a lot this season and either way he doesn't matter now Abernathy's a senior

Everything I ever heard about Abernathy as a person has been very positive. He sounds like a stand up guy. It’s a real shame that people would try and disparage his character because he didn’t run quite as fast as they wish he had. Same fans probably can’t run a 8 second 40

So we ended up with 10 EEs according to 247...and from what I’m seeing we have freed up 16 spots off of last years team between seniors and players that have transferred/declared for the draft/retired...we’ve signed 19 and added Solomon to get to 20...for arguments sake let’s say we take 25 (counting Solomon)...looks like we’ve got the free up 9 more spots to take that many

Reactions: Devo182
So we ended up with 10 EEs according to 247...and from what I’m seeing we have freed up 16 spots off of last years team between seniors and players that have transferred/declared for the draft/retired...we’ve signed 19 and added Solomon to get to 20...for arguments sake let’s say we take 25 (counting Solomon)...looks like we’ve got the free up 9 more spots to take that many
giphy (1).gif

Reactions: LittleVol
After glancing over the roster it looks like WR and TE will be where most of the scholarships are freed up. Buch Jones roster mismanagement was borderline criminal.

Reactions: LittleVol
Next season should show much improved effort. Will that add up to many more wins? I believe so and I'm leaning toward 7 and hoping a bowl win on top of that. 2020 looks to be the first year we will see what JP can really put together. Patience sucks after waiting so long already, but that's what it's going to take.

We’ve already had 5 guys leave for various reasons and it’s not even Christmas yet. I think freeing up 9 more spots is very doable IMO.

We’ve already had 5 guys leave for various reasons and it’s not even Christmas yet. I think freeing up 9 more spots is very doable IMO.

I agree...my only question would be about the quality of the replacement...IMO it’s not worth freeing up the spot if there’s not a high quality recruit to fill it in this class...

I would like to see us make room for Wright, Toot Toot and Harris...then if someone like Haselwood wants in you free up that spot...otherwise, save it for next years class or a grad transfer

We forward-counted Chryst, London and Thompson to 2019. So we can sign 22 more against 2019 to hit 25 and use the same strategy to bring in grad transfers and late signees in June, forward-counting them to 2020.

Thompson? May mean Kennedy, he was the 3rd transfer.

They blueshirt? Otherwise those guys would be like anyone else starting in the Summer and count toward 2018. Can't count forward if you were a recruited player unless you enter 2nd semester.

If we grab transfers this year they would be toward the 2019 limits. Could blueshirt, but now with 25 signing limit, blueshirting has been chopped out *unless* you blueshirted the year previous to the new rule, then you can keep pushing that number forward.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back