Early View on Next Year

Agreed. You guys are losing a few things, but your gaining more, if that makes sense.

It may be bumpy during the non conference schedule, but I think UT fans will be happy with the product that presents itself come tourney time.

how are you a Kentucky fan? :)

Just messing with you....just know too many people close to me that are Kentucky fans and they are simply not as respectable as you...class act my friend.

Whatever Pearl did to transform Brian Williams into the player he became post-suspension, he needs to do to Hopson in the offseason.

Brian's improvement happened because of the incident. He seemed content just to have a free ride through college.

I honestly think we'll be better. For several reasons.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree with this,,, the freshman class will be spectacular and Hall will be bigger and grow into the role with Big Baby
there to bring him along. I see more team oriented players coming in from this point onward. Also we now have a defensive minded club vs what we saw last year. Our defense in the tourney was impressive.

Who is the fourth senior that played and led that we are losing?

Bobby, Wayne, JP, and who? Are you saying Cannington played and led or am I forgetting someone?

Yeah, it's three. For some reason, I was counting Tyler in my head.

Anyone have inside info on chris jones trying to get graduate early? Keep hearing he may be able to do it, or he may go to prep school in '11...what's the truth?

Anyone have inside info on chris jones trying to get graduate early? Keep hearing he may be able to do it, or he may go to prep school in '11...what's the truth?

He's going to Hargrave unless they change the TSSAA about age restrictions to June instead of July.

I honestly think we'll be better. For several reasons.

1. williams will lose 20 lbs and continue to develop his inside game. he will avg 16 and 10
2. hopson will mature and improve his ball handling skills
and become the player we thought he would, remember it took prince a while to develop
3.goins is a proven leader with excellent defensive skills, he will be an excellent point guard next year
4. tatum will flourish offensively next year and along with hopson give the vols 2 good outside shooters
5.bone has played well all year and will be a great 6th man
6, maymon and hall will provide excellent frontcourt depth

7.if harris is as advertised the sky's the limit if not he wikk develop
8. because of the 8 above mentioned players along with golden and the other kid steven pearl will get fewer minutes next year.

He's going to Hargrave unless they change the TSSAA about age restrictions to June instead of July.

Per one of his AAU coaches I talked to about a week ago...

The original plan was for him to go to Hargrave if he did not win the TSSAA appeal. Somewhere along the way, somebody (I think somebody at UT) figured out that it is possible that he could graduate this summer via summer school and enroll in August. He is now working to accomplish this. If not, he will most likely go to Hargrave as it unlikely he will win the TSSAA appeal.

Nice. So there is talk of him graduating early and playing next year? Where would he rank compared to Goins and Golden?

He could compete to start from what I've heard. GoVol2003 is saying he's trying to graduate and enroll in August. That would be NICE

chris jones? the guard playin in TN? he can end up playing at UT next year? hows that work out?

Per one of his AAU coaches I talked to about a week ago...

The original plan was for him to go to Hargrave if he did not win the TSSAA appeal. Somewhere along the way, somebody (I think somebody at UT) figured out that it is possible that he could graduate this summer via summer school and enroll in August. He is now working to accomplish this. If not, he will most likely go to Hargrave as it unlikely he will win the TSSAA appeal.

:thumbsup:

He's the real deal. tough on both ends of the court. Plays very good defense. Gets to the rim at will. He had 35 in the game in the state tournament I watched. Seems to be able to hit the open 3.

Don't sleep on Maymon. He will play more than Woolridge next year, in my opinion. If Woolridge doesn't transfer, which I doubt he will.

Hall should mature some and help. He needs to learn how to catch and protect the ball where lesser men can't rip it from his grip. He is athletic and can shoot short jumpers.

VN Store

Back