Early Signing Day!

Another complaint. National Signing Day used to be an event with national attention on the major sports networks. With the early stuff now you don’t have the dedicated coverage. ESPNU is showing basketball reruns today. I’m sure SEC Networks is covering it until Paul comes on at least, but right now they are breaking down women”s basketball.

CBS has an online sports channel covering it, but their coverage so far has been @$$. When we had a dedicated day after the season it had everyone’s attention. Now it’s too scattered.

Another complaint. National Signing Day used to be an event with national attention on the major sports networks. With the early stuff now you don’t have the dedicated coverage. ESPNU is showing basketball reruns today. I’m sure SEC Networks is covering it until Paul comes on at least, but right now they are breaking down women”s basketball.

CBS has an online sports channel covering it, but their coverage so far has been @$$. When we had a dedicated day after the season it had everyone’s attention. Now it’s too scattered.
At least Bama will have up-to-date coverage when Paul comes on.

SEC Network is gonna devote 3 hours recruiting special starting at noon.

Reactions: UTwild82 and perico
If we're looking at the recruiting rankings next year and UK, Misery and SCjr is ahead of us, we have a problem.. Not good looking up at teams you beat..
I get what you're saying.

Nonetheless, I'd rather beat them in the fall and see them above me in the recruiting boards, than the reverse.

We're in the better position. Until we can be ahead of them in both, heh.

Go Vols!

Reactions: tbh
Texas now in the top #5 with 26 commitments. You think that NIL deal where they are paying players 50k each could be working?

Reactions: HalfullVol
You know these other schools, especially SEC ones, are using the NCAA sanctions thing against us. Pretending to know whats coming down and making it sound bad. Recruiting is a very dirty business.

Reactions: VolDave53
Don't look now but we are up to #15 now ahead of Auburn, SCar and Arkansas who started the day ahead of us: 2022 Recruit Football Team Rankings

Already exceeding my expectations!
11-25 is literally splitting hairs. The average is roughly 88. Overall score is meaningless right now as some have signed more than others so the results are skewed . Kentucky is 11 but the average rating is almost identical

1-5 are so far ahead of the rest the gap looks like the grand canyon. Ridiculous at the talent they're pulling in. Averaging ~94 is insane. Nobody will consistently beat those teams until they at least pull that kind of talent for a few years. Just how it is

11-25 is literally splitting hairs. The average is roughly 88. Overall score is meaningless right now as some have signed more than others so the results are skewed . Kentucky is 11 but the average rating is almost identical

1-5 are so far ahead of the rest the gap looks like the grand canyon. Ridiculous at the talent they're pulling in. Averaging ~94 is insane. Nobody will consistently beat those teams until they at least pull that kind of talent for a few years. Just how it is
lol yea this time next year people will be talking about how a 7-5 record was good "all things considered" and that 2024 will be our recruiting year

nice day today, but we need like 15 justin williams' and tyre wests

Reactions: volfaninky
lol yea this time next year people will be talking about how a 7-5 record was good "all things considered" and that 2024 will be our recruiting year

nice day today, but we need like 15 justin williams' and tyre wests

True but signing day is only part of the puzzle right now. There's the transfer portal. Hendon Hooker didn't show up on our recruiting rankings but he might very well be the best at the most important position in the SEC East next yr

Reactions: HooahVol
True but signing day is only part of the puzzle right now. There's the transfer portal. Hendon Hooker didn't show up on our recruiting rankings but he might very well be the best at the most important position in the SEC East next yr
no doubt. but it's concerning we're not even landing anyone of consequence from the transfer portal right now.

Just checking to see if this is real and not related to TN but did T Hunter flip to Jackson St?

VN Store

Back