Early Signing Day!

According to Basilio's show today, there's concern over this class lacking much sizzle. He seems to be hinting that the staff lacks elite recruiting prowess. Getting out recruited by Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina does not inspire confidence for the future.

According to Basilio's show today, there's concern over this class lacking much sizzle. He seems to be hinting that the staff lacks elite recruiting prowess. Getting out recruited by Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina does not inspire confidence for the future.
They didn't hand out McDonald's bags last year. We out coached all 3 of those teams. We'll end up with a top 15 class that doesn't have to really be a major contributor early. They get to actually be developed. I'm good with where we are recruiting bc I've seen us recruit at an elite level and never be elite. CJH just fixed a busted river damn with a left shoestring, 2 paperclips, 4 popsicle sticks, and a close hanger. At the end of the day CJH just needs the players that fits what he is trying to do. A 3* can be just as effective as any 4* if he plays in a scheme that fits his ability. We are going to need some elite players true, but you only need them at money positions, and u really need them when your guy can't coach.

They didn't hand out McDonald's bags last year. We out coached all 3 of those teams. We'll end up with a top 15 class that doesn't have to really be a major contributor early. They get to actually be developed. I'm good with where we are recruiting bc I've seen us recruit at an elite level and never be elite. CJH just fixed a busted river damn with a left shoestring, 2 paperclips, 4 popsicle sticks, and a close hanger. At the end of the day CJH just needs the players that fits what he is trying to do. A 3* can be just as effective as any 4* if he plays in a scheme that fits his ability. We are going to need some elite players true, but you only need them at money positions, and u really need them when your guy can't coach.
I think a top 15 class will be good but unlike you I'm not sure we will have one.

You & Basilio can just wallow in your misery. I believe in Smokey & our coaches.

Top 15 just doesn't mean the same thing any more. having guys return for another season and having the transfer portal (free agency) changes everything.
I can see that. That also means we shouldnt use the excuse "they have more talent" if they out recruit us.

Reactions: i2amavol
I will check the page a couple of times but I would not say I will be glued to it. It just does not matter that much to me this year. I trust these coaches to put a quality product on the field.
There is a sense of trusts we haven't had in a long time. We'll be ok I think.

Reactions: VolBricks
We might finish in the top 16 but 7th or 8th in the SEC which isn’t good and behind Mizzou, Kentucky Arkansas and South Carolina that alone makes me want to puke. Heup and the coaching staff will have to hit the transfer portal hard and i think they will pick up some good players.

Reactions: Frozevol
Guess he's talking about Brody Foley.
We need to focus good transfer portal guys that are ready to play this year and worry about HS kids next year
Yea I agree I would be happy with a top 20 class this year coming off the dumpster fire Pruitt left us in. Work the transfer portal to our favor that is a game changer now.

VN Store

Back