Early Returns Indicate Cade Mays

Mays should have stayed with the Bulldogs.
Opted out for the season.
Received a much higher draft grade than what he will get now.
Hine sight being 20/20 don't you know.
The transfer will cost him real dollars, his bank account will always regret it.

The offensive line has been inconsistent. But, overall, I thought they played fairly well yesterday.

They were, a couple plays blown up, but even though Bamas D is down, they still have some elite talent up front and sometimes you lose. I thought early last week Wayna needed to be benched & Cade moved to LT and Carvin or Spraggins inserted at RG. Turns out Jahmir was healthy & the line looked much better as a whole. Im starting to think Wayna needs to be shifted inside to guard going forward.

Pass Pro was actually a positive yesterday & Jahmir is a big upgrade to the level Wayna has played this year. Run blocking was ok, but the predictability makes it look worse. That and Ty Chandler running straight forward ans using the flick up truck stick as he runs straight into the teeth of tge defensive front every run.

So you don't know enough about the game to form your own opinion? Watch the WHOLE game.
Listen dude, it's pretty clear from the Rocky Top Talk article I linked that it isn't just one play. The guy has not played like the 5 star, All-American candidate, 1st day draft pick talent we reasonably hoped he'd be. Here's another one:

Last edited:
Could be right. Which reminds me, along with QB, Pruitt hasnt fixed the center position in 3 years either.

If you arent strong up the middle, you arent strong.
He played some center at UGA, and was good. He doesn't have the quickness or the feet to play outside.

He played some center at UGA, and was good. He doesn't have the quickness or the feet to play outside.

Seems like a good fit. I've just never been very impressed with Kennedy. We took him to shore things up in the beginning. Year 3, like QB, should be past just plugging leaks.

Cade has been fine. He's a 3-5rnd pick right now. He got blown up by a guy that 315 lbs, strong as an ox and probably a 2nd round NFL pick. Its not a huge deal, he got beat badly on a play by a guy that is more talented than consistant. The predicatble play-calling doesn't do the run game any favors when you arent able to just overpower your opponent like we did against Mizzou's front.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
They were, a couple plays blown up, but even though Bamas D is down, they still have some elite talent up front and sometimes you lose. I thought early last week Wayna needed to be benched & Cade moved to LT and Carvin or Spraggins inserted at RG. Turns out Jahmir was healthy & the line looked much better as a whole. Im starting to think Wayna needs to be shifted inside to guard going forward.

Pass Pro was actually a positive yesterday & Jahmir is a big upgrade to the level Wayna has played this year. Run blocking was ok, but the predictability makes it look worse. That and Ty Chandler running straight forward ans using the flick up truck stick as he runs straight into the teeth of tge defensive front every run.

Exactly! Bama just much faster than us across the board. But, it shows up more at the skill positions.

On defensive side, no pass rush this year. The secondary is deep, but no match for Bama. Our linebackers had a difficult game defending the passes over the middle.

The transfer will cost him real dollars, his bank account will always regret it.

Maybe now we get him for another year!

Reactions: 77' Vol
Exactly! Bama just much faster than us across the board. But, it shows up more at the skill positions.

On defensive side, no pass rush this year. The secondary is deep, but no match for Bama. Our linebackers had a difficult game defending the passes

I think we saw an adjustment against the RPO slant that that has exposed us, but its not gonna show up much against Bama, its really a pick your poision scenario with them.

Its obvious Pruitt/Ansley has no confidence in our Dline, so our LBs squeeze and cheat the run exposing the middle. There is only so much you can do against Bamas offense because the have an answer for any way you play that. The only way to beat them is getting pressure, and that was the most pathetic part of our play yesterday. I made the comment in the game thread that I thought I saw Mac Jones take a shotgun snap, tuck the ball, light up a cigarette, talk a full relaxing smoke break, flick the cigarette and complete a pass for 30 yards. He may have done it more than once.

What pissed off UGA fans was the toxic environment BS. UGA didn't offer his brother. That's why he left.

Reactions: Nooga and tnutater
Listen dude, it's pretty clear from the Rocky Top Talk article I linked that it isn't just one play. The guy has not played like the 5 star, All-American candidate, 1st day draft pick talent we reasonably hoped he'd be. Here's another one:

Cade got beat there on a speed rush by an electric pass rusher. Those who have been in RF for a while remember Adam Anderson, who we had a shot at signing and how excited we were about that. He's an elite athlete. That being said....

Ojulari was beating Wayna like a dog on the other side. ALL. GAME. LONG. Thats why you saw #87 Warren in on that side to help (or at least thats what he was supposed to do). So UGA has 6 on the right side of the field, and we have to keep the extra blocker in to help on the left side. We leak the RB in on a route and Jacob Warren has his thumb up his ass on the left side as Cade gets beat badly.

We have 2-3 OL who have been "coasting" through to get to the draft. Covid will give all draft picks an excuse for LACK of preseason prep, etc.

What pissed off UGA fans was the toxic environment BS. UGA didn't offer his brother. That's why he left.
He has never been known as one that knows how to keep his moth shut or that knows what to say. That too will bite him in the butt.

If we had a back quick enough to make a cut back and elude Mathis as quick as he got in the backfield, we would have literally 0% of the current threads we have because Barry Sanders circa 1988 is our running back.

The Truth is our RBS are 3rd string on most every other SEC Team. How's that for a rude awakening?

It's what we do after a loss.
After 3 losses in a row, even if 2 of those were to teams no sane person thought we could compete with, this forum comes alive with arm chair coaches, basement dwelling coordinators, ex high school jocks, and key board warriors. All think they understand modern college football.

I thing some on here could definitely call a better game than some on the Staff. Certainly no worse. Also, when have you seen "Modern College Football" from the home team at Neyland? LMAO.

The Truth is our RBS are 3rd string on most every other SEC Team. How's that for a rude awakening?

Um, its not because its simply incorrect. Eric Gray is the best back we have had here not named Kamara in over a decade and hes the one slammed to the turf in the discussed play. If his skillset lends to anything, its identifying the and making the first tackler miss with a quick cutback. The play was just blown up. There are probably 10 running backs in the world that make Mathis miss in that situation and cut back against the grain & blocking scheme and theyre all playing on Sundays.

VN Store

Back