Early line on LSU is Vols -4.5

I would not do the Florida game plan lol. If the QB beats you with his legs, so be it. But do not give him all day to throw in against weak ass zone. Come after him
I agree. Man-to-man and sprinkle in some zone. Go after him and put a spy on him on obvious passing downs.

LSU has only played two fairly good team which they loss to Florida State. The other two teams are cup cakes. That’s the reason QB had good pass and run numbers.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I would not do the Florida game plan lol. If the QB beats you with his legs, so be it. But do not give him all day to throw in against weak ass zone. Come after him

Bingo. If Banks brought pressure more often I believe that game would have been over much earlier. He gave Richardson way too much respect, and letting him sit in the pocket almost cost us the game. The best remedy for a weak secondary is pressure, pressure, and more pressure.

Bye week is coming at such a great time. Not just to help with injuries. But cause this is such a big high to finally break thru... Gives us a week to enjoy but settle back in for next week to clear the mind

Reactions: OrangeTsar
No matter what kind of QB you face, you have to dial up some pressure. Where the strategy and game plan come in is deciding when and how to pressure mobile QB’s like Daniels. It’s a lot easier to scheme up blitzes vs a QB who can’t move (for example, Pitt). The one thing I’ve noticed when we blitz is that our D-front needs to play with better gap integrity. Tackles sometimes get too wide and leave a gap the size of the Red Sea right up the middle. Our DE’s get a little too far upfield every now and then making it harder on the LB’s to fill their spots in the LOS. We’ll blitz vs Daniels but if we’re going to contain him, the DL and DE are going to have to maintain their gaps and don’t open up running lanes for him. Because when you blitz a mobile QB, you better hope he doesn’t break through the front line or he will have a lot of open grass.

LSU at BR is always a challenge. Just like Florida, they will bring their A game. Win this though and we have a great shot at at least a 9 win season

I know I'm in the minority. But if we win Saturday, then 12-0 is just as likely as 9-3.

You all need to watch that Miss State game vs LSU.

LSU is absolutely a top 15 team right now even though they're not ranked that. Yeah they slipped up to a much improved FSU team early on, but they've found an identity since.

This -4.5 line is spot on.

Beasley needs to start over Mitchell.

This will be the the most talented we've played so far.

LSU will win by at least 3 TDs. Bet the house on them to cover. Even tease that thing up to 14 or so.
I don't think so; think it will be a 7pt game or closer. Auburn beat LSU last year, and a couple yrs before that, upset them to get Miles fired. My point is, Auburn doesn't fear LSU any more than Florida fears the Vols. LSU has not faced an SEC DL with its current OL. Starter Dellinger is out this game. Aub Qb came fr LSU, will have chip on shoulder. Game is at Auburn. Should be a good one. Anything can happen.

I know I'm in the minority. But if we win Saturday, then 12-0 is just as likely as 9-3.

You all need to watch that Miss State game vs LSU.

LSU is absolutely a top 15 team right now even though they're not ranked that. Yeah they slipped up to a much improved FSU team early on, but they've found an identity since.

This -4.5 line is spot on.

Beasley needs to start over Mitchell.

This will be the the most talented we've played so far.

You had me until there...Mitchell was laying the wood Saturday and was part of the front 7 that held Florida's running game completely in check. He always seemed to be in the right spot. Not to mention he was the starter coming out of camp.

The problem with blitzing a QB who can run is that if you don't sack him, you've given him even more space in which to take off and run, since you've sent another defender after him. We do need a good pass rush, for sure, but blitzing mobile QBs can be risky.
If your down lineman can keep their contain while occupying blockers the incoming blitzers can be extremely effective.

You come after Jayden Daniels and he’s going to absolutely torch you with this legs. Our DB’s are going to have to wake up a start locking folks down while we try our best to contain him.

Wrong. Just keep a spy on him at all times.

He isn't nearly as athletic nor dangerous as AR running the ball but he is in fact an efficient passing QB.

Vols need to play him like we did Slovis.

Hit him early and often. No more BS soft zone coverage.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Wrong. Just keep a spy on him at all times.

He isn't nearly as athletic nor dangerous as AR running the ball but he is in fact an efficient passing QB.

Vols need to play him like we did Slovis.

Hit him early and often. No more BS soft zone coverage.

Man this is just incorrect.

Man this is just incorrect.

This is correct that THAT is incorrect. Daniels ran for more yards (at a better ypc) last year and this year than Hooker or Richardson. He had a much worse year passing with 10 Tds/10 ints last year but that was in another offense. He very much can put up big numbers on us in the same manner AR just did. Our passing defense must be better and we must affect him more than we did AR or it will be a long game.

Well we have 2 weeks to discuss that game. Their QB stresses me out a lot, that kid can move. He’s on pace to rush for 700-800 yards this year, and he’s already thrown for 835, 6 TD’s, no picks. That receiving corp is crazy good too. If we made Richardson look that good, this kid will light our defense up.

I think we have yet another shootout coming.
Last time our defense had extra time to prepare Al for an opponent, we got Purdued. Banks is awful. Only defensive coach worth their salt is Garner.

I don't think so; think it will be a 7pt game or closer. Auburn beat LSU last year, and a couple yrs before that, upset them to get Miles fired. My point is, Auburn doesn't fear LSU any more than Florida fears the Vols. LSU has not faced an SEC DL with its current OL. Starter Dellinger is out this game. Aub Qb came fr LSU, will have chip on shoulder. Game is at Auburn. Should be a good one. Anything can happen.

And don't forget AU HC is coaching for his career there. Boosters just waiting for a blowout loss to an SEC team to fire him. But strange things happen at Auburn, AL fans can tell you about it. Just look at last week. Zou still couldn't win with multiple chances.

Well we have 2 weeks to discuss that game. Their QB stresses me out a lot, that kid can move. He’s on pace to rush for 700-800 yards this year, and he’s already thrown for 835, 6 TD’s, no picks. That receiving corp is crazy good too. If we made Richardson look that good, this kid will light our defense up.

I think we have yet another shootout coming.
LSU offensive line has struggled lately with pass protection

LSU has only played two fairly good team which they loss to Florida State. The other two teams are cup cakes. That’s the reason QB had good pass and run numbers.

That loss was against a team now ranked in the Top 25 and lost it on a fluke missed extra point. It was also the first game under a new coach and system. Won't be the same team in Week 6 that it was in Week 1. They also held a MS State team whose offense was rolling to just 16 points.

This one has me nervous. Kelly is an asshat, but there's no doubt that he can coach and LSU has horses on that roster.

VN Store

Back