Early line on LSU is Vols -4.5

That loss was against a team now ranked in the Top 25 and lost it on a fluke missed extra point. It was also the first game under a new coach and system. Won't be the same team in Week 6 that it was in Week 1. They also held a MS State team whose offense was rolling to just 16 points.

This one has me nervous. Kelly is an asshat, but there's no doubt that he can coach and LSU has horses on that roster.

not saying LSU isn’t good; however State is 36th in scoring O……after playing Memphis, Arizona and Bowling Green……..those D’s are NOT good.

FSU was leading for most of that first game. FSU also fumbled at the 1 yard line with just over 1 minute to go……..without that the “fluke” wouldn’t even have mattered.

I can assure you……..Tennessee won’t be the same team from week one either. All teams are progressing or regressing or had dramatic injuries.

This should be an very tough game especially playing at tiger stadium. However Tennessee has shown………this ain’t the old Tennessee. They can play on the road, they can win tough games, they can win close games, they can even win when they make mistakes. Tennessee is on the rise………they certainly won’t look past LSU and it will be tough if they can get a win…….however LSU will have their hands full……this is a much different Tennessee team.

Reactions: TheDirector
Interesting-they had a 78.9% vs Auburn and they scraped by with four points. I’m trusting Vegas on this one. I will say that historically FPI is the best indicator other than the closing spread; however, I’ll also say we should be the 25% of wrong predictions.
Fpi is not accurate. That same system has Texas as the number 6 team in the country. So nobody take the fpi seriously

Fpi is not accurate. That same system has Texas as the number 6 team in the country. So nobody take the fpi seriously
Surprisingly the FPI is historically 75% accurate. When the FPI and Vegas disagree the FPI is right 55% of the time. The computers think this will be a close game and it's hard to win on the road in the SEC like Georgia found out this weekend. I'm hoping for a blowout or comfortable win but expecting a hard fought close game until the end. Here's hoping the computers are off on this game.

Surprisingly the FPI is historically 75% accurate. When the FPI and Vegas disagree the FPI is right 55% of the time. The computers think this will be a close game and it's hard to win on the road in the SEC like Georgia found out this weekend. I'm hoping for a blowout or comfortable win but expecting a hard fought close game until the end. Here's hoping the computers are off on this game.
I think that number is thrown off by the overwhelming amount of games that are no brainers each weekend. Don’t know how accurate it is in actual close games but it’s easy to be accurate when a sec team is play a mac opponent or a horrible sec opponent each week

I think that number is thrown off by the overwhelming amount of games that are no brainers each weekend. Don’t know how accurate it is in actual close games but it’s easy to be accurate when a sec team is play a mac opponent or a horrible sec opponent each week
I think the FPI stat is padded with gimmes and that the tossup games are where FPI is taking losses

Reactions: Frosty and Volfan39

They’re banking on two things Tennessee playing the same way on defense and looking ahead to Alabama

That doesn’t surprise me, this feels like a toss up game to me. I’m curious to see how we fair against real SEC talent in a real away game.

If Tennessee had anyone else at QB I would worry but they have a senior leader field general.

If they don’t get caught in the moment they should be more than fine.

No doubt that skews the numbers. I'm also really glad this game is at noon/11am local. I don't need a computer or Vegas to tell me that our game would be much much harder if it were a LSU night game.

Seems about right.

LSU looked good vs Miss State, bad against Florida State, and got lucky against Auburn. The quant polls are all over the place on LSU.

We've not beat anyone that's any good yet. Pitt increasingly looks like a mediocre team, and Florida hasn't been a world-beater either.

I think we have a great shot, and we have the better QB, but we also haven't had anything close to a great all-around performance yet. If we could fix our issues in the secondary, we'd have a shot to win big, but until the D improves, we're mostly playing close games against good teams.

Tennessee -vs- LSU:

20 wins - 10 losses - 3 ties

Unfortunately, LSU has won the last 5 meetings…

Hope to flip that this coming week!

VN Store

Back