Early line: Kentucky favored by four over the Vols in Lexingon

For us to win at Rupp, Alexander needs to step up big with rebounding and physical play and get some dirty points inside while avoiding silly fouls. Tough task to do at Rupp with the whistle happy refs.

We will struggle inside without him in there against their height and length. Think Grant will have some difficulty inside and he will rely on more outside shots in this game.

I have been disappointed in KA and how he has been playing. Was hoping he would take the next step in his game this season.

Kentucky will tell us a lot about where we stand.

If we beat them we might just be legit title contenders.

If we dont you wont want to bump into any UK fans any time soon.

This is the type of basketball games the big boys win.

If Tennessee wins, it will surely show everyone where Tennessee stands; however if they were to lose a close one at KY. not sure it would disprove much of anything. All teams are supposed to lose some on the road, especially to another good team, and KY is favored. Also teams in a power conference don't go 21-1 and aren't legit title contenders.

Anything can happen, but right now Tennessee is the legit #1 team, they are a legit #1 seed contender, and are also a legit contender to win it all. Tennessee will prob drop at least some between now and tourney time, however I wouldn't look for this team to drop many...........and most other teams are dropping like fly's. .....the #5 team already has 3 losses, the #9 has 4 the #10 has 5.......and Virg & Duke play each other again soon, someone will have either 2 or 3 losses there.

Reactions: The Dog
For us to win at Rupp, Alexander needs to step up big with rebounding and physical play and get some dirty points inside while avoiding silly fouls. Tough task to do at Rupp with the whistle happy refs.

We will struggle inside without him in there against their height and length. Think Grant will have some difficulty inside and he will rely on more outside shots in this game.

I have been disappointed in KA and how he has been playing. Was hoping he would take the next step in his game this season.

KA can get better on the boards, but he does give the team 7.3 in 26 minutes with 2 blocks and shooting 67%. While he can still get better on the boards I would not look for consistently more points........Tennessee already has a 20+, a 16+, a 13+. a 12 and an 11+ ppg players.

Sure he could get hot some games and give 17-20 but I would not look for that to happen too much as Tennessee has a lot of people scoring. Let's just hope KA can get 10+ boards in this back half, and Fulk and co can still get 4 or so.

If Tennessee wins, it will surely show everyone where Tennessee stands; however if they were to lose a close one at KY. not sure it would disprove much of anything. All teams are supposed to lose some on the road, especially to another good team, and KY is favored. Also teams in a power conference don't go 21-1 and aren't legit title contenders.

Anything can happen, but right now Tennessee is the legit #1 team, they are a legit #1 seed contender, and are also a legit contender to win it all. Tennessee will prob drop at least some between now and tourney time, however I wouldn't look for this team to drop many...........and most other teams are dropping like fly's. .....the #5 team already has 3 losses, the #9 has 4 the #10 has 5.......and Virg & Duke play each other again soon, someone will have either 2 or 3 losses there.

Dook also has the Tarholes twice after Virginia and VT and Syracuse again. They have a very rough road ahead.

Dook also has the Tarholes twice after Virginia and VT and Syracuse again. They have a very rough road ahead.

YES.......Tennessee does have a tough road ahead, but most of the teams just behind them do as well. Heck I think KY has to play LSU before Tennessee. 28-4 prob still gets Tennessee a 1 seed......and I would not argue anyone saying Tennessee would end 29-3 or even 30-2 (now I'm not saying they will......just could't argue it).

If Tennessee can beat Gonzaga on a neutral, and KY can lose to 13-9 Seton Hall...........then Tennessee can beat KY at home.................sure the odds favor KY at home, but I wouldn't say it is a done deal.

This will be our first elite opponent since Gonzaga. Something tells me our guys are itching to be in a national spotlight game after playing all these so-so teams and prove to everyone we deserve that number 1 beside our name. This game will go down to the wire and I think it ends a lot like last year with Turner or Admiral nailing a dagger at the end. One thing I love about this team, I feel comfortable with about 4 or 5 guys taking and making the last shot of the game and that’s a great luxury to have in a game like this.

What makes this Kentucky team better than last years? I’ve watched several of their games and can’t see where this year’s addition brings the shock and awe. In my eyes, this years team isn’t as good as the 2018 addition, and Vols are better. Lot of hand wringing here by Vol fans which I don’t see warranted.

It is strange how much worse we've been on defense compared to last season... although the improved offense has countered it, I sure hope we can clean it up come March
I still don’t understand having your big man come out and attempt a trap 10 feet past the arc. I see this over and over and don’t understand why they are guarding so hard that far out. It usually leads to something bad.

Reactions: A-RodWiLks
I actually think we’re a much better team and we’ll see that in Knoxville. But in Lexington watch for over 25 fouls on the Vols, easily double bonus for both halves. Everybody gets in “foul trouble”. Remember, this is playing against freshman with a veteran team. I bet we only get into the bonus one half and shoot half of their FTs. Yet, We still could win the game (we have so many shooters). You know in the dozens of games I’ve watched this season in college basketball, only once did I see a home team out foul the visitors in a single half. At Rupp or Cameron, it’s just ridiculous...

I still don’t understand having your big man come out and attempt a trap 10 feet past the arc. I see this over and over and don’t understand why they are guarding so hard that far out. It usually leads to something bad.

Not sure why we switch either. We play SEC teams not the Warriors. If you get beat by pull up 3’s so be it

Reactions: A-RodWiLks
Thoughts? The game is still nine days away, but interesting to look ahead.

As of last week, I came to the realization that Ky. would beat us in Lexington. They will be super, super hyped up to beat the #1 team in the country. I bet they start the game with huge momentum and get a 20 point lead on us in the 1st quarter. Then things will settle down and we will slowly make our come back.
Should be a close game but Ky. takes a huge lead in the 1st quarter because they will be hyped up...

Usually give 3 pts to the home team. I’d have guessed it was closer to 2 to 2.5.

Homecourt is worth 10 points in CBB (with viable fan support) I bet these games and it's amazing how teams that play each other home & away Basically swap scores; regardless of records. Auburn Blew bama out @ Auburn (21pts) and Bama will return the favor at Tuscaloosa. I see the Kitties laying one on the vols; by 10. Uk is playing better than UT at this point. But, Tenn gets back in TBA. By 6.

What makes this Kentucky team better than last years? I’ve watched several of their games and can’t see where this year’s addition brings the shock and awe. In my eyes, this years team isn’t as good as the 2018 addition, and Vols are better. Lot of hand wringing here by Vol fans which I don’t see warranted.
I think this year's team jelled a little quicker than a typical Cal team, and part of that is the experience they returned in Washington, Richards, and Baker (who redshirted last year). They also added an experienced and talented vet in Reid Travis.

Additionally, they they added guys like Haggans, Quickley, Johnson and Herro who compliment each other as well as the big guys, and may not see this as a layover to the NBA. Washington and Johnson probably leave this year, and maybe Haggans, but aside from that, you could see UK with more experience returning next year.

I also think this version has bought in more defensively and is also a better shooting team than last year's team.

I think we win both. They havent proven enough to me to argue they deserve to be pointed over us. Also, they really jumped in rankings lately, the blue love apparently doesnt fade. Hopefully, the refs at Rupp dont feel the same

Homecourt is worth 10 points in CBB (with viable fan support) I bet these games and it's amazing how teams that play each other home & away Basically swap scores; regardless of records. Auburn Blew bama out @ Auburn (21pts) and Bama will return the favor at Tuscaloosa. I see the Kitties laying one on the vols; by 10. Uk is playing better than UT at this point. But, Tenn gets back in TBA. By 6.
There is no way home court is worth 10 points in college basketball. I agree it is variable depending on venue and fan support, but 10 points is enormous.

Places like Duke, UNC, UK, Michigan State, Kansas, those are places where it could tilt toward maybe 5 or 6 points, at most. 10 is crazy. You'd have to show me the math behind that one for me to buy it.

Reactions: Big time vol
As of last week, I came to the realization that Ky. would beat us in Lexington. They will be super, super hyped up to beat the #1 team in the country. I bet they start the game with huge momentum and get a 20 point lead on us in the 1st quarter. Then things will settle down and we will slowly make our come back.
Should be a close game but Ky. takes a huge lead in the 1st quarter because they will be hyped up...
Yes. The Lady Cats will beat Holly's bunch.

VN Store

Back