Early line: Kentucky favored by four over the Vols in Lexingon

I am so tired of waiting for this game. This entire season has been leading to this. Vols are playing like the best team in the country, Kentucky is figuring things out right when we show up at Rupp.....we all knew it would be like this, and I can't wait!

We may not win this one (I think we do) but I know one thing.....we may be about to watch the best college basketball game of the year so far.

I am so tired of waiting for this game. This entire season has been leading to this. Vols are playing like the best team in the country, Kentucky is figuring things out right when we show up at Rupp.....we all knew it would be like this, and I can't wait!

We may not win this one (I think we do) but I know one thing.....we may be about to watch the best college basketball game of the year so far.
I have Kentucky as the team right now playing like the best team in the country, not us. But that stuff can change in an instant. I am interested in how our second half of the SEC goes. I think we've beaten up on some pretty average teams and haven't really played anyone tough in the SEC yet, except maybe Bama.

I have Kentucky as the team right now playing like the best team in the country, not us. But that stuff can change in an instant. I am interested in how our second half of the SEC goes. I think we've beaten up on some pretty average teams and haven't really played anyone tough in the SEC yet, except maybe Bama.

Kentucky is undeniably playing well right now. I think Tennessee is too, but as fans we are always harder on our own team than others. Kentucky is always hard to beat at home...so no doubt this will be a hard win. We got them there last year.....time to do it again.

You are exactly right about the second half of our SEC schedule.....we haven't played anyone yet...at least not like we are about to.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I would trade a loss here for beating them them in the SECT. If my research is correct, UT hasn't won the SECT since 1979 and only 4 all time. That's once in my lifetime and I'm 54 yrs. old.
Kentucky has won it 31 times and has won the regular season an incredible 49 times to UT's 10. I love beating them but I want to win the damn tournament!

I expect us to drop the one in Lexington however there is no game including this one that this team can't win...They have won there before so winning would not surprise me at all...Not to mention glorious as I love beating those buttheads....GO VOLS!

If Tn dont play any better on D ,especially defending the 3 ball then they will get ran out of the gym. If they can fix the D then I dont see Ky winning this one.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
If Tn dont play any better on D ,especially defending the 3 ball then they will get ran out of the gym. If they can fix the D then I dont see Ky winning this one.
The defense looked pretty good Tuesday. They were moving and switching very well.

I don't like the fact that we are playing KY 3 days after USC, Coach is going to have to watch minutes on his starters.

Kentucky will tell us a lot about where we stand.

If we beat them we might just be legit title contenders.

If we dont you wont want to bump into any UK fans any time soon.

This is the type of basketball games the big boys win.

Fortunately, UK doesn't take many 3s, dead last in the conference, in fact. That may become their gameplan if we allow them open looks, but we improved our close-outs and perimeter defense against Mizzou. Hopefully it carries over.

I have to say that I'm quite concerned about our inability to prevent so many offensive rebounds. We've got to prevent those and get more 2nd-chance points.

Reactions: tnvols72
Fortunately, UK doesn't take many 3s, dead last in the conference, in fact. That may become their gameplan if we allow them open looks, but we improved our close-outs and perimeter defense against Mizzou. Hopefully it carries over.

The sad part Tn played A&M and they had only made 6 the entire game before Tn and they had 6 in the first half. Tn has been letting teams shoot the 3 ball well on them,even when the team normally dont shoot the 3 ball well. I just think if Tn can step their D up and at least get a hand up on the 3 ball. I think Tn wins. It all depends on their D and Schofield finding his shot again like he did last 2 games.

Bone is our difference maker against the Kats. Plus our leaders #2 and #5. Keep them out of foul trouble and we win by double digits.

Reactions: feathersax
The sad part Tn played A&M and they had only made 6 the entire game before Tn and they had 6 in the first half. Tn has been letting teams shoot the 3 ball well on them,even when the team normally dont shoot the 3 ball well. I just think if Tn can step their D up and at least get a hand up on the 3 ball. I think Tn wins. It all depends on their D and Schofield finding his shot again like he did last 2 games.
It is strange how much worse we've been on defense compared to last season... although the improved offense has countered it, I sure hope we can clean it up come March

Reactions: tnvols72

Agree 100%!! Win this one playing against a great playing Ky team and having the zebras helping will prove a lot to me. We should but this one I would not bet the house on. Too many obstacles to overcome. Get back to basic hard nosed defense that CRB requires will give us an advantage and our experience should overshadow a talented group of freshmen. JHMO as always!!

Uh .... Uh .... Dude, only have one question for you ... Name of girl in avatar?

Sound like a buncha negavols already conceding defeat. Funny how that works. I call out bad D on bottom dwelling sec teams we win against buts it's okay to conced defeat to kentucky home ha. Are we the #1 team or not, make up your mind people. #1 doesn't lose to #5 unless you're confused.

I think it’s too obvious that unless we rebound better, we’re going to have to execute well on offense. Lately it’s been more of a struggle in the half court which UK is probably more than happy to force us to do. Hagans is a good defender so Bone will have his work cut out for him. In a game like this our best player needs to step up. Grant needs to do his thing. Game is a tossup IMO. Of course we still have a couple between now and then...

Reactions: A-RodWiLks
To win Tennessee will need a game like they had vs Gonzaga..........but maybe shooting a bit better. During that game Tennessee held a 91 ppg team to 73, they held a great % team to 45% & 39%, Tennessee also held a great rebounding team to nearly even, but Tennessee got 16 O's to their 11. Tennessee turned it over 7 to their 11, Tennessee blocked 4 to their 2........all things that Gonzage usually does well.

Tennessee's O is as good as anyone's.........but for the KY game (at least at KY) they need the D that was in the Gonzaga game...........even if the O suffers, as it prob will, because KY has a good D (not saying it should/will be bad......just prob not as good as it has been most of the year).

VN Store

Back