EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

The only thing I really want them to do is knock dynasty out of the park. That and obviously gameplay. I’d like to get involved in an online dynasty, but I don’t know that I have the time that I once did.
There are dudes who run online dynasties in 14 with 72 hour deadlines for people with real jobs like us now lol.

Agreed. Maybe with his consent they could generate his dialogue with AI, but he's beyond the point of making his own contribution.
Maybe they could throw in a “not so fast my friend” or maybe do the headgear thing w/ him waving.

Hopefully Kirk is smarter in this game.

*throws ball away*

Kirk in NCAA 14 - “What are you doing throwing into coverage like that!? When you see pressure you need to throw the ball away. He’s lucky that wasn’t intercepted”
I enjoy him calling me classless when I’m throwing the ball up 50 w/ Gaston Moore.

Reactions: Godfatha
Hopefully Kirk is smarter in this game.

*throws ball away*

Kirk in NCAA 14 - “What are you doing throwing into coverage like that!? When you see pressure you need to throw the ball away. He’s lucky that wasn’t intercepted”
Or when you break a school record and get "He's done it. He's finally done it" every time afterwards.

Looks like we should be should expect some social media posts from the Vols and all the other schools that will be in the game this Thursday.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I'm not really that excited about this. Madden has become all about selling digital cards with fantasy like abilities so much so that the base game suffers tremendously. Unless players have abilities, it plays terrible, especially on the defensive side.

I really hope I'm wrong but since this is the same team that makes Madden, I expect the same.

I'm not really that excited about this. Madden has become all about selling digital cards with fantasy like abilities so much so that the base game suffers tremendously. Unless players have abilities, it plays terrible, especially on the defensive side.

I really hope I'm wrong but since this is the same team that makes Madden, I expect the same.
Not the same team. But it is still EA.

Not the same team. But it is still EA.
Unless you know something I don't. It's the same team under the same lead developer based on the Madden engine unlike the old NCAA which had a completely different team altogether which felt different. This game will be a copy paste with college teams built to sell you digital cards with ap abilities for their version of UT.

Some of the guys that they brought on were guys that were on the Revamped team right ? I think I heard that.
Correct
Unless you know something I don't. It's the same team under the same lead developer based on the Madden engine unlike the old NCAA which had a completely different team altogether which felt different. This game will be a copy paste with college teams built to sell you digital cards with ap abilities for their version of UT.
It’s not. None of the Madden guys are working on NCAA. But it is the same engine. I’m a bigger madden and EA hater than most, and I think the game will blow. But it’s not the Madden guys.

Edit: is this what you’re referring to? A guy from the Madden team said they go to each other with ideas and advice but that’s about it

Last edited:
The things I’m finding odd:
-It’s January and the game is supposed to be released this summer
-No release date
-Not a peep from EA
-No trailer or teaser
-No preorder
MLB the Show 24 comes out March 19th and just got announced on February 6th.

welcome the the digital age.

Yeah, that’s not correct. Different team working on it. They’ve brought in new people, as someone mentioned some of the revamped guys, some people from the old NCAA titles, etc. but it’s not the madden team. It will use the same engine though. I get the EA hate and pessimism, I do. However, the few bits of info from the dev team that have leaked or come out, they’ve said the right things and since we’ve not had a college game in years, I’m gonna be excited until they give me a reason not to be with it, which may happen, but we will see.

Last edited:
Matt Brown reporting the team specific stuff is likely being pushed back to next week, but with the banner, and announcement trailer I won’t complain to much lol

I thought it was a good trailer. I’m sure others on here will feel otherwise.
Agree, I’m fine with it as an announcement trailer. Full reveal in May with expected release in July lines up with how most games today come out. I do find it really interesting that sources apparently said that EA has pivoted on plans for “announcement” stuff last minute multiple times. It seems they really dislike the leaks with this game to the point they will change plans last minute if something gets reported beforehand.

VN Store

Back