EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Not uncommon, not even for ncaa games before. They did usually make smaller announcements during the national championship game, but typically the new NCAA games didn’t start dropping a lot of new info until the early spring. Which lines up pretty well with what the people who have been reporting in good faith on the game have said they have heard from EA. It’s also been reported EA is unhappy with how much has been leaked already. Not sure if that played into their decision to not release anything yesterday, but I’d say there is a chance.
I wonder what they’re unhappy about? It doesn’t seem like there’s been a treasure trove of info leaked. I thought what Ari Wasserman said in a podcast gave the most positive outlook of the game and that the menu and interface was really good.

I wonder what they’re unhappy about? It doesn’t seem like there’s been a treasure trove of info leaked. I thought what Ari Wasserman said in a podcast gave the most positive outlook of the game and that the menu and interface was really good.
For whatever reason they weren’t happy about all the open records requests that leaked the things they had been asking schools to provide them. Not sure why, they’d have to know when working with public schools someone might do a public records request.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
For whatever reason they weren’t happy about all the open records requests that leaked the things they had been asking schools to provide them. Not sure why, they’d have to know when working with public schools someone might do a public records request.
This is what happened in 2003 and ruined one of the coolest features the games could’ve ever had.

NCAA 04 was supposed to have a rushing the field mechanic but that got leaked and the NCAA forced them to remove it.

If only it shipped out

This is what happened in 2003 and ruined one of the coolest features the games could’ve ever had.

NCAA 04 was supposed to have a rushing the field mechanic but that got leaked and the NCAA forced them to remove it.

If only it shipped out
I wonder how they would have pulled that off given the technical limitations at the time. The fans on the field would have essentially been a bunch of cardboard cutouts.

Reactions: Pennheel
I don’t know if I can get away w/ that, but I’ll be “working” at home a lot that week.
We are doing a small vacation this year to save up a little for a bigger one next year. I got my wife to agree to plan this years around the week of the release date whenever that is announced. 2 or 3 days vacay and the other 4 or 5 for NCAA.

We are doing a small vacation this year to save up a little for a bigger one next year. I got my wife to agree to plan this years around the week of the release date whenever that is announced. 2 or 3 days vacay and the other 4 or 5 for NCAA.
That’s awesome. We have a family beach house that we share and I’ve been laying the foundation that I want to go down the first weekend that it’s out. I don’t mean as a family. I mean just me. Not the wife, not the 3 year old or 1 year old. Not the dogs . Just me. I was told that this could happen. I remain skeptical.

I'm looking forward to this game because of the nostalgic feeling looking back to when it was last out and I played it. I have realistic expectations, but I'm excited to see what they do with it as time has went by.

If it indeed comes out in July, I'll set aside plenty of time to play it.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I was going through some stuff as I'm moving soon and was packing and came across NCAA football 12 and college basketball 08. It really got me to thinking about this. I hope they also come out with another college basketball game as well.

Reactions: Godfatha
I was going through some stuff as I'm moving soon and was packing and came across NCAA football 12 and college basketball 08. It really got me to thinking about this. I hope they also come out with another college basketball game as well.
I would love that, but I wonder if EA will draw the line at NCAA football for paying players ?

Reactions: Pennheel
I would love that, but I wonder if EA will draw the line at NCAA football for paying players ?
From the little I’ve seen reported on it, EA hasn’t even had any discussions about bringing back any other college sports games, but wouldn’t rule anything out if the college football game is a financial success.

Yeah, it really doesn't feel like a game is coming out in July. There have been a number of posts on Reddit discussing the lack of internal marketing of the game (i.e. images or short videos during round up meetings) which, while easy to take with a grain of salt, seems a lot more credible than anonymous posts hyping up the game and its features... which, incidentally, do not exist. Madden is typically previewed in May/June for an annual August release, so April/May would be a fair preview timeline for this game if it weren't the first release in a decade.

It has to be a lot harder to build a functioning NCAA Football title from the ground up (even if you're largely borrowing a gameplay engine) than reskinning Madden, sure, but they've had years and years to work on this. If it's really a development difficulty issue and this game gets pushed to 2025, I can't see EA ever bothering with restarting NCAA Basketball given the volume of teams is more than doubled (no FCS for this title, right?) and what I'd imagine was relatively paltry revenue on the old games.

Their definition of Huge Features and mine differ, but here is the confirm of Ultimate team. I don’t have plans to use it.

Last edited:
Their definition of Huge Features and mine differ, but he’s the confirm of Ultimate team. I don’t have plans to use it.

this is something I am worried about. them focusing on so many different modes and game types that they don't spend as much time making sure the quality of the game is any good.

this is something I am worried about. them focusing on so many different modes and game types that they don't spend as much time making sure the quality of the game is any good.
The only thing I really want them to do is knock dynasty out of the park. That and obviously gameplay. I’d like to get involved in an online dynasty, but I don’t know that I have the time that I once did.

VN Store

Back