E. Westbrook - Best PG in TN Lady Vol History?

Nothing personal against the op, but this is a stupid thread.

Westbrook led UT with turnovers last season.

She has just begun her second season. Much tougher competition awaits UT and Westbrook. The games against Texas, Stanford, Kentucky, Georgia, Auburn, Missouri, Notre Dame, etc., will let us know just how good Westbrook and UT really are.

Don’t take the bait.

That's exactly what I said, while some are saying she's the best when they're still playing unranked teams.

Relax, you two! This is just a message board where fans come to goof around with other people who also have a little extra time on their hands. We're not testifying in a murder trial here, so it's okay to have fun with our opinions.

We will definitely see as she continues to develop. I said that in my original post.

What i saw was some serious intangibles, and a natural complete-ness to her WHOLE game as a point guard. midrange, dribble drive to the basket, good passing, good floor vision, decent 3pt hits, leads the offense well.....its all stuff that will continue to develop, but as a sophmore I feel she may be light years ahead of others we've had in the past. I will agree her defense is a bit lax, and her speed may not be there, but her form and jump shot may make up for it like Holdsclaw could hit impressive jump shots consistently.

I agree Kelly Jolly and Kara Lawson are probably our two top in history....

I’d put Dena Head, somewhere near there, even ahead of Kara Lawson.
SEC FOY 1989
SEC POY 1992
2x NCAA champion
(Did you know she was the first player drafted in the WNBA draft?! I had no clue. She was selected by The Utah Starzz)

Why Evina didn't get award, but Uconn freshmen got award with her best game...lol

I’d put Dena Head, somewhere near there, even ahead of Kara Lawson.
SEC FOY 1989
SEC POY 1992
2x NCAA champion
(Did you know she was the first player drafted in the WNBA draft?! I had no clue. She was selected by The Utah Starzz)

She was the first draft pick in the “elite draft”. Tina Thompson was the first overall draft pick. I didn’t realize that. That’s awesome!

Why Evina didn't get award, but Uconn freshmen got award with her best game...lol

Because she did it on national TV against ND in a 1-2 match up in December. She (Williams) deserved deserved the award because she played really well in that game and was the reason UConn won.

Speaking of... Arike got a technical and then an unsportsmanlike foul. If you go back and read Muffet McGraw apologizes for teams behavior and so does Arike. However, if you read her comments she said Geno said something to her on the sidelines which she reacted too and that drew her the technical foul. That being said, I can see a 21 year old reacting and saying something to a 60+ year old who knows better !

Because she did it on national TV against ND in a 1-2 match up in December. She (Williams) deserved deserved the award because she played really well in that game and was the reason UConn won.

Speaking of... Arike got a technical and then an unsportsmanlike foul. If you go back and read Muffet McGraw apologizes for teams behavior and so does Arike. However, if you read her comments she said Geno said something to her on the sidelines which she reacted too and that drew her the technical foul. That being said, I can see a 21 year old reacting and saying something to a 60+ year old who knows better !

I picked up on that as well. Who knows what he said, but he has no business saying anything to players of the opposing team. No coach should be addressing players from the opposing team during the game. If he said something directly to her to provoke that foul I think he should be held accountable by the NCAA. He has always been childish, sad that we are to expect more out of a 21yo student athlete than a 64yo HOF coach.

I remember her rocking a green Arm band during her junior or senior years.
The other 3 points slinger at that time was Brittany Jackson. She would light it up!

You don't hear a lot about Cray Cray Jackson any more....thankfully.

You know what, if people would pay close attention to Geno because that's not the first time he intentionally provoked a player. I remembered a game between Uconn & Rutgers university, Pondester insulted Geno by yelling word at him, tech was called and I tried to figure out what Geno said to her but during interview she refused to say it. After that incident Pondester withdrew herself from playing National team second time she was invited after she found out that Geno was the coach.I 100% believe Arike, and they need to mention what ever Geno is saying to players to provoke them. He need a class, Pat would never insult a player to win a game, that tells u how far Geno would go just to win.

In my generation id have to say Jolly's toughness and leadership has been unmatched unless were discussing Kara Lawson. Sorry Evina is not even Top 5

Lol what did I miss with her?

Ummmm A few arrests, DWIs, bar fights, beating up her sister...other odds and ends...

She was really talented and very easy on the eyes...but sometimes the inside is WAY different.

Nothing personal against the op, but this is a stupid thread.

Westbrook led UT with turnovers last season.

She has just begun her second season. Much tougher competition awaits UT and Westbrook. The games against Texas, Stanford, Kentucky, Georgia, Auburn, Missouri, Notre Dame, etc., will let us know just how good Westbrook and UT really are.
I don't disagree with your final paragraph, but ... you do realize that for the vast majority of teams in the country (and especially teams who have a true point guard), be it men's, women's, pro, high school, or whatever, the person whom the offense runs through has the most turnovers?

Reactions: Smallvol#1
The best? Not yet. The most talented? Absolutely. If Holly can't make a deep tournament run with a generational point guard like this, well...

Reactions: sccshortstop
We shall see when her college resume has been completed and she moves on to the WNBA, but I’ve watched the Lady Vols way back to Michelle Marcineak(sp).

She is such a poised player.

Way too soon for me to buy into that. It would not shock me if she earned that praise but I think she has a lot more to do

Reactions: sccshortstop

VN Store

Back