Dylan Brooks requests release from NLI

This whole situation is going to have an impact for years to come.
I keep seeing this idea posted but I don't believe it.

It doesn't take "years to come" to build a roster comparable with Kentucky, which is what we have now despite the high recruiting rankings. Our next HC will put together a good class in his first year. Whether or not our roster surpasses Kentucky's and competes with Florida's depends on how well that class and future classes are developed. We aren't going to go backwards from where we are today unless we hire another incompetent coach.

Some of y'all need a reminder of who is on this football team:

QB: Salter
RB: Small/Beckwith/Brown
WR: Hyatt/Wideman/Holiday/Calloway
OL: The Mays bros/Calbert/Spraggins

DL: Simmons/Garland/Emerson
LB: Baron/Harrison/Banks
DB: Slaughter/Burrell/Lawrence

Everyone else is icing on the cake! Whoever takes over this team after Steele, whether it be in 2021 or 2022, has the foundation to instantly be 8-4. With a good class he can win 9 games in his first year. Kevin Steele is going to bring the nastiness out of Simmons and the LBs listed above... just you watch. NASTY!!

Tennessee still has to release him. He can officially request it, but you better believe that Steele will be meeting with him and attempting to change his mind.

However, if he still wants to leave, then Steele should honor that. Steele needs to be seen as a players' coach who cares about the kids first.

And that is a great point that it is possible that Brooks was offered improper benefits as well. It seems like every high level recruit of the past 2-3 years is jumping ship, which worries me that they all may have gotten a little something something (Crouch, Gray, Toots, Morris). I'm not saying they did, but it wouldn't surprise me.
His number 2 was Auburn I think, so Steele may be able to sway him, but personally I'm not worried about it either way.

Some of y'all need a reminder of who is on this football team:

QB: Salter
RB: Small/Beckwith/Brown
WR: Hyatt/Wideman/Holiday/Calloway
OL: The Mays bros/Calbert/Spraggins

DL: Simmons/Garland/Emerson
LB: Baron/Harrison/Banks
DB: Slaughter/Burrell/Lawrence

Everyone else is icing on the cake! Whoever takes over this team after Steele, whether it be in 2021 or 2022, has the foundation to instantly be 8-4. With a good class he can win 9 games in his first year. Kevin Steele is going to bring the nastiness out of Simmons and the LBs listed above... just you watch. NASTY!!

Stop

Next year’s team will make this year’s team look like 1998. It’s going to be all time bad.
And the 22 team and 23 team hopefully by 2027 we will have recovered but considering this is Tennessee we will still be rebuilding in 2045

Hey, 99 is a rival poster that is always classy and respectful. He is one that I don't mind having around at all. I enjoy what he brings and his opinions.

Yep, he’s OK for a guest gator, but it’s proper for someone to take a shot once and a while. Otherwise he might not feel welcome.

Now darn it! Just after I say something semi-nice you go and tell a Vol fan to “stop”. Keep that up and someone start a “Ban 99” petition.

Sorry, but it’s going to be a long slow climb out of hell.

The idea that the pieces are in place for someone to make due until they can really ramp it up just isn’t the case

VN Store

Back