Dylan Brooks requests release from NLI

Don't know anything about the kid but Handley is a little bitty school. Maybe he'll be all world but however he looked against that competition would be exaggerated

Reactions: vol1981
Don't know anything about the kid but Handley is a little bitty school. Maybe he'll be all world but however he looked against that competition would be exaggerated
He is a great prospect... but if he did just sign with Tennessee for Pruitt? It concerns me that he may have just signed with Tennessee because he had been pledged some improper benefits during his recruitment. This could be for the best in the long run. The program will have to go through a cleansing process before we can even think about winning again.

Tennessee still has to release him. He can officially request it, but you better believe that Steele will be meeting with him and attempting to change his mind.

However, if he still wants to leave, then Steele should honor that. Steele needs to be seen as a players' coach who cares about the kids first.

And that is a great point that it is possible that Brooks was offered improper benefits as well. It seems like every high level recruit of the past 2-3 years is jumping ship, which worries me that they all may have gotten a little something something (Crouch, Gray, Toots, Morris). I'm not saying they did, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Good player.
The lumps will keep coming.
That's why imo, we need to bite the bullet nd hire the right guy now.

This interim coach stuff only puts us behind another year, in addition to the transfers from this year leaving. Come 2022 our roster could be full of Ga Tech level players.

Good player.

This interim coach stuff only puts us behind another year, in addition to the transfers from this year leaving. Come 2022 our roster could be full of Ga Tech level players.

I agree we need to hire someone. But I don't agree in the "hurry up approach." If it's not the right guy, it's not the right guy. I'd rather sit through a year of Steele and endure whatever comes of that (which for all we know could be the best season and recruiting class we've had in a while), than to hastily hire another coach out of desperation.

I know we are all scared because 2022 is such a great in-state class. But one class is not worth making a crap hire. You make a crap hire, and you don't get any of them anyways. We need to get this hire right, even if it means riding Steele for a year.

I think worst case scenario is that we take a minute to hire an AD (which won't happen, I think it'll happen by the end of January), and we don't hire a head coach this year. Steele wades through a tough season, and then we hire a proven coach. One more year gives us further intel on Chadwell to see if he is the real deal, further separation from Freeze and his misgivings, and another chance to see if Fickell or Campbell is interested.

Plus, after another year, Chaney's contract will be up, along with Tee, Graham, Weinke, Ansley, and the other coaches.

A new coach could come in and start from scratch and we would have plenty of money to throw around for him and his assistants. It'd be a blank slate.

I know the roster is a concern, but with the right coach, AND with the one time transfer rule, it could fix itself fairly quickly. There is nothing that says that any player who chooses against Tennessee right now couldn't come back once we have a Head Coach in place.

Personally? I'm excited as heck to see where this program goes from here. I feel like we're in a good place to really set up a culture that can win here.

This whole situation is going to have an impact for years to come.

Nah. It'll be a stain. But we'll take our penalties, and then we'll recover. May take 3-5 years, but the most important thing is what we do right now, and how we handle the next few months. If it's mishandled, then I'll agree with you. But handled right? Tennessee could be in an even better spot in a matter of 2-3 years.

Pruitt promised all these guys...WM, DW, HT, EG (I remember all of them saying it in interviews), that Tn would be playing for a Natty during their time here. Fact is, they know the program was no where even close to doing that, once they were part of it and saw the results THEY were producing or not producing. Loyalty is one thing, but blind loyalty to a coach who made false promises to get you here is something entirely different. These players recruited by Pruitt need to separate reality from fiction. The university didn't lie to them, or misrepresent anything to them, Pruitt did. Get a clue guys!

Pruitt promised all these guys...WM, DW, HT, EG (I remember all of them saying it in interviews), that Tn would be playing for a Natty during their time here. Fact is, they know the program was no where even close to doing that, once they were part of it and saw the results THEY were producing or not producing. Loyalty is one thing, but blind loyalty to a coach who made false promises to get you here is something entirely different. These players recruited by Pruitt need to separate reality from fiction. The university didn't lie to them, or misrepresent anything to them, Pruitt did. Get a clue guys!

Well, maybe if they would have stepped up and led like they needed to, Tennessee might have been closer to a "Natty." Those guys were the most talented, and needed to step up, and yet, no unit seemed to have a leader. Trey was the closest thing I saw to a leader.

Reactions: 08Vol
Hey, 99 is a rival poster that is always classy and respectful. He is one that I don't mind having around at all. I enjoy what he brings and his opinions.
99gator also has a weird following of posters who love to kiss his a$$ even though he is a Florida fan that is always on a Tennessee message board...

99gator also has a weird following of posters who love to kiss his a$$ even though he is a Florida fan that is always on a Tennessee message board...
I just don't question it, lol. I barf when I even look at other teams message boards. But then again, we do have the best one, so I could see why other fans are attracted to this site. It's pretty much the best site on the internet.

Hey, 99 is a rival poster that is always classy and respectful. He is one that I don't mind having around at all. I enjoy what he brings and his opinions.
True.
but some understandably pretty raw nerves right now for Vol fans.
this is a circling the wagons type of situation.
any visiting fans should some some sympathy or remain quiet 🤫 for the time being.

Reactions: feathersax
True.
but some understandably pretty raw nerves right now for Vol fans.
this is a circling the wagons type of situation.
any visiting fans should some some sympathy or remain quiet 🤫 for the time being.
Amen. I don't give two craps about what a Gator fan feels about our situation. Now ain't the time to be giving his opinion.

Hard for players to lead, when they have no examples as coaches. Batuli (spelling) was a born leader. Warrior learned to be a leader his senior year. Missed those guys this year. I respect Trey Smith and what he had to overcome in order to play, but in terms of leadership, I didn't see it. To be the #1 recruit in ESPN's ratings coming out of HS, I think he greatly underachieved on the field here all 4 years.

Reactions: 08Vol and wmcovol
Good player.

We will be the Vanderbilt of 2021 at this point.

VN Store

Back