Dwight Jones Visit

but SERIOUSLY- other than academics UT has an edge on UNC in literally everything. Let's take a look...
1. Tradition- Tennessee- is top 10 most wins of any program
UNC-well at least they're basketball team is good right?
2.Fans- UT-107,000 strong
UNC- probably get more fans at the basketball games
3. Facilities- hahahahahaa I'm not even going to say anything on this one.

North Carolina is a joke.

I hate the Tarheels as much as the next guy, but you forgot one tiny detail. Campus.

Chapel Hill and Knoxville is like night and day.

Davis might well be the best recruiter in the country. Honestly, given what he did at Miami, I'd be surprised if UNC weren't top 25 material in 2 years.

It was Miami though. Any good recruiter is going to look better than he is when recruiting at Miami.

Hard to judge such things, of course. But, just going by what Miami people say, he was the best recruiter they've ever had.

Recall that he inherited a program on probation, with lost scholarships post-Erickson. And he recruited something like 16 NFL first rounders over five years.

New article on KNS about Dwight Jones considering a switch from UNC to UT. Is it just the same old stuff?

Sorry, just to correct the earlier post - Davis recruited 24 NFL first rounders in 6 years, including 15 in his last three.

If UT steals Jones away, it will be a coup.

Freak said in another post that the article just mentions that he really like UT and Clemson now that UNC didn't retain Marvin Sanders.

A few excerpts from the article:

The firing of Sanders appears to put more doubt in Jones’ commitment to the Tar Heels.

"I think it probably will open things up more," he said. "Marvin, he was the one that I was really close to out of all of them. I was even closer to him more than John Bunting."

Jones said he watched film from last season with offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe, who pointed out an open position in 2007.

"He was saying I’d take Robert Meachem’s spot," Jones said. "I really liked that. They were just telling me straight up they’re not going to give me a starting spot. If I come down there and work hard, which I know I’ll do, I could have a starting spot."

VN Store

Back